SP - General Have Battanian, Vlandian, Empire and Aserai shields work the same way as Sturgian shields

Users who are viewing this thread

So I like the way Sturgian shields work, and that when you put them into shield wall they form a sort of shield castle, or tortoise formation if you want to be a Roman nerd. But it doesn't make sense to me that none of the other shields other than specifically Sturgian round shields do this. I'd just like to see a similar ability on most of the other faction's shields, other than Khuzaits, because of their overall cavalry focus. It just doesn't make sense for the "up" block to just raise the shield a couple of inches higher.

(Incidentally, Legionaries beat Sturgian Heavy Axemen pretty handily lol)

I have already tried to mod the game so that they'd use the same animation, but the hand positions on the shields are not 1:1, so a kite shield would not be held the same way as the round shields.

Hey, that's really cool! The position of their hands is a little off putting in the screenshots, but I guess that's what happens with modding sometimes lol. How exactly did you put it together? Did you just change the position of the hand on the shield model to line it up correctly?

You need to change shield type to hand_shield so it will copy how ai holds sturgian shield. Then you also need to change hand position

You need to change shield type to hand_shield so it will copy how ai holds sturgian shield. Then you also need to change hand position
Yeah, I already tried changing the shield type to hand_shield, I just didn't really know where to go from there. Don't have a load of experience modding.

Back
Top Bottom