SP - General Vlandian Pikemen should brace their pikes

Users who are viewing this thread

Vlandian pikemen are the only vanilla troops in the game with spears that can be braced, the Fine Pike. I thought this would mean that they could brace their pikes to counter cavalry charges, making them actually worth upgrading to, but I was wrong. They don't brace with their pikes, only "attack" with them, meaning that they're almost useless because of their lack of shields and 2-handed weapons.

Last edited:
Spears and pikes are one of the most broken things in this game due to unit collisions that need to be overhauled.

Last edited:
Spears and pikes are one of the most broken things in this game due to unit collisions that need to be overhauled.
Yeah, honestly The pike not bracing is kindof the least of the spears problems. I think spears shouldn't have to rely on momentum to do damage, period and should probably be faster, too. There is a reason, (besides resource availability and price) that everyone from nobles to peasants made extensive use of spears and pikes historically. The Fine Pikes were just something with an actual function that wasn't being used by the unit, hence the post.

Agreed. Spears and polearms are rather useless in BL, whereas in RL they were quite effective. There spear is the most used weapon in the history of human warfare, not the sword, and bannerlord should resemble the effectiveness of spears.

Back
Top Bottom