Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I just don’t understand why some versions runs smoothly in my PC and others don't, the 1.5.9 simply doesn't run, the lag was horrible in world map, I skip the 1.5.10 and tried the 1.6.0, the map was a little better but still lags, but when I load the inventory first I saw my character eyes, like a skull, then it takes about two seconds to load all the body and the armor, the inventory items took about five or more to load, in battle map first appears half of my party then, in one or two seconds, the rest . Then I rolled to 1.5.8, with Calardia expanded map, who is bigger and should give more problems but don't, the map movement looks like butter, every menus loads in a second, the battlefield with a full army in high settings are OK to. I don't understand why it's happening.

is it a new thing that halfway through battles I'm unable to give commands or even select troop groups anymore? At the beginning of the battle it works fine.

is it a new thing that halfway through battles I'm unable to give commands or even select troop groups anymore? At the beginning of the battle it works fine.
Was introduced in 1.5.10 and is present in 1.6.0 and there are many not so friendly discussion about this feature on the forum.

I am definitely against it ?

ok, so its a feature not a bug. I guess an easy way to change a game in the name of immersion is to take things away rather than to add. But if it's been discussed already then so be it.

ok, so its a feature not a bug. I guess an easy way to change a game in the name of immersion is to take things away rather than to add. But if it's been discussed already then so be it.
Just to be clear, this should happen when the enemy routs and not during the fighting. The first is a "feature", the latter (would be) a bug.

Just to be clear, this should happen when the enemy routs and not during the fighting. The first is a "feature", the latter (would be) a bug.
Ok thats probably what's happening. I always charge a routing enemy. I guess now we just watch as they run away. Would make more sense if you cant
give commands when your own people rout though.

Ok thats probably what's happening. I always charge a routing enemy. I guess now we just watch as they run away. Would make more sense if you cant
give commands when your own people rout though.

Given the number of errors we have seen where an elementary level of testing would have shown the problem, I would not be surprised if this was the intent and they just rolled with it. "Yeah we think your troops would stop following orders just when victory is imminent and morale is peaking."

Given the number of errors we have seen where an elementary level of testing would have shown the problem, I would not be surprised if this was the intent and they just rolled with it. "Yeah we think your troops would stop following orders just when victory is imminent and morale is peaking."
It's just wrong-headed design. "Let's make routing less exploitable for the player... I know how! Let's take control from him!"
It's a recurrent design theme of removing player agency, sometimes from lack of expertise like here, sometimes intentionally to automate stuff for the casuals.
(When I was a noob modder I sometimes had similar cockblocking ideas from a questionable desire to control the player experience... you live and learn.)

Last edited:
It's just wrong-headed design. "Let's make routing less exploitable for the player... I know how! Let's take control from him!"
It's a recurrent design theme of removing player agency, sometimes from lack of expertise like here, sometimes intentionally to automate stuff for the casuals.

I’ve seen enough to decision making to know how it happens. But it never stops to feel amazing in it’s overthinking and subsequent consequences.

(When I was a noob modder I sometimes had similar cockblocking ideas from a questionable desire to control the player experience... you live and learn.)
I seriously want less automated stuff. The mechanics I would like implemented would not make the game harder just more manageable and fun.

I am curious why they started deleting older Versions of the Game on steam. TW just removed 4 more old versions.

They still acting as you ordered before the enemy routing, I always gave orders to horse archers to follow me just before I predict that the enemy will disband, so they follow me when I chase the defected army. But I also dislike it, that's another reason to back for 1.5.8,my favorite build.

Hotfix 06/07/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that affected saves with the "Rival Gang Moving In" issue active.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after completing a noble's crafting order.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after defeating and attempting to loot "Destroy Raiders" quest parties.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after sieges that involved the player party as the besieger party.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the launcher from starting on the machines that have 2 core CPUs.

Fixes
  • Fixed the never-ending war bug that involved "Destroy Raiders" issue parties without the player party in it.
  • Fixed a bug that created crafting orders for the main hero.
  • Fixed a bug that caused crafting piece selections to reset after crafting a weapon.
  • Fixed some text layout issues with Chinese translation.
  • Fixed a bug that made the main party unusable if the main hero died as a prisoner in disguise and the selected heir was in the main party.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the desert speed penalty from being applied.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented modded sounds from playing as 2D sound even though it was marked as 3D.

Changes
  • Experienced Smith and Steel Maker 3 perks' secondary effects updated. (Experienced Smith - Successful crafting orders give +2 relationships with notables. Steel Maker 3 - Successful crafting orders give +4 relationship with lords.) & Research Point Experience needed for unlocking a new part formula has been updated.
  • The security value of a settlement is now affected by nearby hideouts. And if the settlement has any bounded villages, the raids of those villages affect the security value (previously, raided villages affected the loyalty value). Also, the effect of Prosperity on the Security value is now listed as a tooltip.
  • XP rewards from donating items with perks are now capped to 75 XP for tier 1 items, 150 XP for tier 2 items, 250 XP for tier 3 items and 300 XP for items with tier 4 or more.
  • The auto recruitment feature on settlements can now be disabled via a checkbox.

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when joining a server.

The nerf to donating gear was inevitable, but seems a bit harsh for higher tier stuff. I guess the incentive is to only make the player donate tier 1-3 items.

Hotfix 06/07/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that affected saves with the "Rival Gang Moving In" issue active.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after completing a noble's crafting order.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after defeating and attempting to loot "Destroy Raiders" quest parties.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after sieges that involved the player party as the besieger party.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the launcher from starting on the machines that have 2 core CPUs.

Fixes
  • Fixed the never-ending war bug that involved "Destroy Raiders" issue parties without the player party in it.
  • Fixed a bug that created crafting orders for the main hero.
  • Fixed a bug that caused crafting piece selections to reset after crafting a weapon.
  • Fixed some text layout issues with Chinese translation.
  • Fixed a bug that made the main party unusable if the main hero died as a prisoner in disguise and the selected heir was in the main party.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the desert speed penalty from being applied.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented modded sounds from playing as 2D sound even though it was marked as 3D.

Changes
  • Experienced Smith and Steel Maker 3 perks' secondary effects updated. (Experienced Smith - Successful crafting orders give +2 relationships with notables. Steel Maker 3 - Successful crafting orders give +4 relationship with lords.) & Research Point Experience needed for unlocking a new part formula has been updated.
  • The security value of a settlement is now affected by nearby hideouts. And if the settlement has any bounded villages, the raids of those villages affect the security value (previously, raided villages affected the loyalty value). Also, the effect of Prosperity on the Security value is now listed as a tooltip.
  • XP rewards from donating items with perks are now capped to 75 XP for tier 1 items, 150 XP for tier 2 items, 250 XP for tier 3 items and 300 XP for items with tier 4 or more.
  • The auto recruitment feature on settlements can now be disabled via a checkbox.

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when joining a server.
Nice, I just reported the "Rival Gang Moving In" issue...
Checkbox for auto-recruitment is a good move too (y)

Lovely, thank you for the continuous work! I hope that donating items won't feel too underwhelming now but I suppose that some kind of balancing had to be done, yet I feel it might be too harsh. Donated items giving exp equal to half their value was maybe overpowered, but capping it so low it might make the perk very not worth it in early/mid game now, where money is definitely more valuable. But I can't give proper feedback until I played with it a bit.

Yet, already spotted a bug in my old playthrough with this change, I bought low cost hats and can only get 300 exp by donating all of them. Don't know if it's an old save issue, maybe I need to start a new game for it to be working properly. Also If I add items 1 by 1 and then put them all back into inventory it still says I'm getting exp. But I don't get any exp. Actually, I donated those items (even though it said 300 exp only, and it was 8400 gold worth of items), and I got no troop upgrade. A little buggy now on old save at least.

After the update, it seems I no longer get item modifiers on any items (balanced, tattered etc.) Can anyone confirm?

Fixed after veryfying files.

Last edited:
On 1.6.0, shift/ctrl + clicking gear to donate is not properly adding up XP. Sending a whole stack of the same item gives only 75 XP, unless you individually click over every single item.

EDIT: And thank you TaleWorlds for your continued work! Bannerlord has been a delight for me to play.

EDIT #2: It appears that multiples of the same item are not granting any XP, even if entered one at the time (the UI will indicate you should receive the correct amount).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom