Assimilation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Is the possibility of assimilation of cities, castles and villages planned? Change of culture after change of owner? Changing troops when recruiting? It seems to me that it would not be a bad mechanic. There are many mods, but I would like to see a solution from the developers. There are at least two big topics with cool ideas for assimilation mechanics (One and Two). But I haven't seen a single reaction from the developers.

It's not planned. They may add a reduction to the loyalty penalty for holding fief for a long time though.
I would like to be able to change the fief cultures of owned fiefs, or at least change/add 1 notable. It makes most of the map worthless to be stuck with recruits that can never be anything but fodder units.

I think the game's timeline is too short to allow for cultural shift without genocide, and I get the feeling genocide is probably a touchy subject on the Taleworlds side of the Aegean...

I'm with Ananda tho... if you hold a city and it's prosperity grows, culture shouldn't be a barrier to loyalty in the long term.

Assimilation isn't really logical for the game's timespan. What would make sense and fix the real problem is the ability to delegate recruitment and training responsibilities to some degree instead of having to personally micromanage everything.

I mean, some stuff would have to be somewhat changed when it comes to making sense versus being fun. Currently, the culture dynamic in the game is a bit weird though. No matter how good you are to a city, they will always start to unlike you no matter what just due to the fact that you are a difference culture. In real world terms, this doesn't even make the most sense. The biggest difference that would come between peoples, besides things such as language but that wouldn't really hurt a ruler as just look at Medieval England, would be religion, which is currently not in the game. One possible way to fix this issue would be to add religion into the game, which has already been made by a mod. However unlikely this is, I think that that might be the best solution.

Sounds like the loyalty mechanic could be rebalanced then. They absolutely should remain distinct cultures though. A greek dynasty ruled Egypt for a long time, shouldn't really be a primary cause for revolt.

If recruiting troops appropriate to the army is the issue, that should be handled with better recruitment mechanics. If these cultures didn't become imperial throughout the centuries of rule, they shouldn't do so in a handful of years.

Sounds like the loyalty mechanic could be rebalanced then. They absolutely should remain distinct cultures though. A greek dynasty ruled Egypt for a long time, shouldn't really be a primary cause for revolt.

If recruiting troops appropriate to the army is the issue, that should be handled with better recruitment mechanics. If these cultures didn't become imperial throughout the centuries of rule, they shouldn't do so in a handful of years.
Not to be a "Well actually..." guy but the Ptolemaic dynasty absolutely faced revolts by Native Egyptian forces. Obviously any revolt has a myriad of causes - in this case lower class discontent, succession dispute within the Ptolemies, external forces, etc. But the fact that they were viewed as a "foreign" dynasty was certainly part of it.

I would like if the game had a genocide(or assimilation) option, u can already execute lords so why not.

Doesn't necessarily have to be realistic, because the whole game isn't realistic to begin with.

I would like if the game had a genocide(or assimilation) option, u can already execute lords so why not.

Doesn't necessarily have to be realistic, because the whole game isn't realistic to begin with.

I don't think it's about being realistic... It's one thing to give players the ability to intentionally kill an opponent they've just fought a battle with. It's another entirely to march a few thousand farmers and traders off into the fields to lop their heads off en-masse...

It's probably less about game mechanics or what is possible in a game, and more about the reality that TaleWorlds inhabits - I find it hard to believe that any Turkish company would openly endorse a genocide mechanic in a game - given the sensitivity in Turkey to the topic of genocide, the optics would not be at all good.

I particularly enjoy when my troops become mix of cultures as my faction expands its borders and I think that time spent in game does not enough for assimilation.

When this topic brought up everytime, players who want this only think this one way around. I mean how about player own faction get assimilated as the faction expands.

Edit: Actually lore of Calradia also back the idea when faction expands, the faction assimilated. Example of this Khuzaits as in real life Turks and Monghols who came to the west forgot "their old ways of living". This is the first reason that Karakhergits does not follow Khuzaits since they accuse Khuzaits forgot their old way of living. What I am saying is if this kind of mechanic ends up in the game which is something I highly doubt, I would expect that mechanic would involve two way of assimilation. Assimilation of the faction which conquers and the faction which gets conquered with respect to policies and diplomacy which are almost non existent in the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom