Resolved [1.6] Game regularly crashing after ending Mercenary contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

Balbor

Recruit
Summary: Shortly after ending a Mercenary contract the game will crash. This can happen a few seconds unto multiple in-game days. It's not always 100% although the first three times I experienced it I thought it was as it happened 3 times in a row at first. Every time it has happened I've been using Diplomacy and Kaose's Tweaks, but I've been unable to recreate with either of those mods running alone. When asking BEW to deactivate the mod causing the issue it suggested the sandbox module.
Here's what the Callstacks from BEW report looks like:

- Reasons
Source: TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.ViewModelCollection
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

- Inner exception
Source: No module
No inner exception was thrown

- Callstacks
Protip: Use a debugger like dnSpy or Visual studio to trace the source of error, by stepping the program line by line.

Inner exception callstack:
No inner exception was thrown
Outer exception callstack:
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.ViewModelCollection.KingdomManagement.KingdomClan.KingdomClanVM.RefreshClanList()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.ViewModelCollection.KingdomManagement.KingdomClan.KingdomClanVM.OnClanChangedKingdom(Clan clan, Kingdom oldKingdom, Kingdom newKingdom, ChangeKingdomActionDetail detail, Boolean showNotification)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MbEvent`5.InvokeList(EventHandlerRec`5 list, T1 t1, T2 t2, T3 t3, T4 t4, T5 t5)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEvents.OnClanChangedKingdom(Clan clan, Kingdom oldKingdom, Kingdom newKingdom, ChangeKingdomActionDetail detail, Boolean showNotification)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEventDispatcher.OnClanChangedKingdom(Clan clan, Kingdom oldKingdom, Kingdom newKingdom, ChangeKingdomActionDetail actionDetail, Boolean showNotification)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Actions.ChangeKingdomAction.ApplyInternal(Clan clan, Kingdom newKingdom, ChangeKingdomActionDetail detail, Int32 awardMultiplier, Boolean byRebellion, Boolean showNotification)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Barterables.MercenaryJoinKingdomBarterable.Apply()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.BarterManager.ApplyBarterOffer(Hero offererHero, Hero otherHero, List`1 barters)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.BarterManager.ExecuteAIBarter(BarterData barterData, IFaction faction1, IFaction faction2, Hero faction1Hero, Hero faction2Hero)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.SandBox.CampaignBehaviors.BarterBehaviors.DiplomaticBartersBehavior.ConsiderClanJoinAsMercenary(Clan clan, Kingdom kingdom)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.SandBox.CampaignBehaviors.BarterBehaviors.DiplomaticBartersBehavior.DailyTickClan(Clan clan)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MbEvent`1.InvokeList(EventHandlerRec`1 list, T t)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEvents.DailyTickClan(Clan clan)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEventDispatcher.DailyTickClan(Clan clan)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignPeriodicEventManager.PeriodicTicker`1.PeriodicTickSome(Double timeUnitsElapsed)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignPeriodicEventManager.PeriodicDailyTick()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.Tick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.RealTick(Single realDt)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapState.OnMapModeTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapState.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch1(Module this, Single dt)

How to Reproduce: Join a kingdom as a mercenary
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX1070TI
GPU Driver Version: unknowk
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard: ASUS x370
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): M.2

Hello, can you please manually delete all of the mod files, verify the integrity of the game files and try to reproduce the issue on a new campaign? Please let me know if the issue is persistent.

Hello, can you please manually delete all of the mod files, verify the integrity of the game files and try to reproduce the issue on a new campaign? Please let me know if the issue is persistent.
How can I tell if this specific issue has happened during a crash? Currently I use Better Exception Window.

I have run multiple tests (11 each) with no mods running, Diplomacy mod on it's own, Kaoses Tweaks mod on it's own and both mods running and have been unable to reproduce the crash.

This issue was related to a mod which has since been fixed by the mod author.

Back
Top Bottom