Steward Perk Question

Users who are viewing this thread

RodLimitless

Recruit
I'm on the 5th tier of the steward perk on 1.6 and I'm not sure which to decide between Giving Hands or Logistician.

How exactly does giving hands work?

For my governor companions I chose for them to have Logistician because I feel tax income is more secure/steady than tariff,

but for my personal character, "discarded weapons can be donated to troops for increased experience". how does this work? And how would you give the armor to the troops to level them up because I wasn't aware you could give troops armor at all; thought only companions?

And overall, would Giving Hands be better for personal use than Logistician? Thanks

Giving hands in really good for personal use it basically works by whatever u don't put in your inventory after battle will be converted to xp(It says how much)

After battle when item menu show up, you can choose to not to take weapon loot to your inventory. There will be a message below at the middle of the screen that says like x amount of exp will be gained by your troops. So this is another way to level up your troops.

Btw, it says discarded weapon so by logic you can buy weapon in towns and discard it to level up troops? Anyone try that?

Giving hands lets you discard weapons to give exp to troops (who are not at max exp yet). You do this at the inventory or the loot screen, just by moving the weapons to the left discard/leave side and leaving them. It will say at the bottom how much exp will be given, if it's red then there's more items then needed for max exp gain, so take some out. It's a pretty good ability and is much better once you have fiefs and can pull out just a stack of recruits or what not and level them with it.

Logistician is an okay perk if you're have tunz of horses usually it's just +4 moral boost.

However I would take giving hand for sure as it's very useful ability while the +4 moral is just kinda okay(and sometimes irrelevant).

Btw, it says discarded weapon so by logic you can buy weapon in towns and discard it to level up troops? Anyone try that?
Yep it's any weapons so it works for bought or crafted too. People have made videos showing off how they craft expensive weapons and power level troops to max tier with them.

I just hope TW understands it's this behavior of crafting values that is broken and not the giving hands ability it's self.

awesome thank you so much for the responses. this playthrough i'm doing it without crafting or trading and honestly caravans are wacked they don't work, i've found just workshops have been my main source of passive income plus the new vlandian mercenary bonus for working as mercenary.

really want to finish this playthrough without cheesing crafted javelins, but idk how i'm gonna save up enough gold to buy people to join the kingdom later on

Crafting as a player is not just immersive thing to begin with and on top of that it was broken and stays broken for 14 months. You are travelling all over the world but you also become a master blacksmith. I like how Witcher handled this, you would find manuscripts and then you have to take them to blacksmiths to forge the item you found manuscript for.

For 400 hours, maybe I spent 30 minutes for crafting and I guess I won't spend another minute until TW will fix it.

really want to finish this playthrough without cheesing crafted javelins, but idk how i'm gonna save up enough gold to buy people to join the kingdom later on
As a pure mercenary? Smash lord parties constantly, take bunches of prisoners and loot. Sell the loot and prisoners and each fight starts turning in around 7000 denars per. Once you get up towards Roguery 100-150, it is closer to 10,000 - 15,000 with some big battles clearing around 50,000+. Also keep your party costs under control. A party that costs 1500 per day isn't going to be three times as effective as one that costs 500 per day unless you can find three times as many parties to smash in the same time (unlikely) that you couldn't have taken on with the cheaper option.

After that, it just takes time.

Giving hands is borderline overpowered right now. 'Donating' basically means that at the end of a battle, any loot you dont take and leave in the loot window goes to your troops. You can also do this any time by opening your inventory and 'discarding' items.

Javelins? Do those sell for much? I just go for the two handed swords.
I don't know about current versions, but some old version the javelins would sell for a lot compared to how easy it was to make them (if you unlocked the parts). From what I've seen people now make expensive 2 handed sword though. I think 2 handed sword was always the best starting craft too as it was somewhat more valuable and gave a lot of exp and unlock-points.

I don't know about current versions, but some old version the javelins would sell for a lot compared to how easy it was to make them (if you unlocked the parts). From what I've seen people now make expensive 2 handed sword though. I think 2 handed sword was always the best starting craft too as it was somewhat more valuable and gave a lot of exp and unlock-points.
Javelins? Do those sell for much? I just go for the two handed swords.
With the recent beta branch release [e1.6.0] javelins have lost their celebrity status. Those are now low-mid range price melee weapons. Two handers however are still financially OP as well as some polearms.

Back
Top Bottom