Looter's throwing stones and insane bow's mysteries are solved

Users who are viewing this thread

Everything correct, Balearic man's word here ? .

In addition to the sling (stone and lead projectiles), it would also be interesting to introduce staff slings in a 2.0 version of what we have in Viking conquest.

7b3851a21aeeeff074e9df6885735686.jpg
0038246378b3de6ecd5b621418d5d476--roma-antigua-roman-history.jpg

Obviously, if Taleworlds finally introduces the sling (and eventually the staff sling) I don't think they will simply recycle animations (as bestmods168 does in his video with a lot of merit and success by the way) but create them for this type of action and type of weapon in a professional way.
Cool, I went to Palma a couple of years ago and had a lovely time!
Yeah, the staff sling would be awesome as well. I think if both weapons are put under Throwing, this skill won't be considered the underdog anymore.

As for the javelinmen it is sad to see how they waste projectiles due to the detriment of " behaviour " suffered by the AI. This type of ranged unit would benefit greatly from the volley fire action, imho.
They don't miss due to a lack of volley behavior; they miss because they try to throw while moving/rotating and the game punishes that with an absolutely massive spread. If you have them throwing into a huge formation, they'll hit and kill just fine.

They don't miss due to a lack of volley behavior; they miss because they try to throw while moving/rotating and the game punishes that with an absolutely massive spread. If you have them throwing into a huge formation, they'll hit and kill just fine.
Maybe we have had different experiences, that could be; in my case, both with guided movements (follow me) and with free actions of charge orders carried out by the AI, the bots miss more than a carnival rifle.

Imagine the volley fire command in place.

You select the group of mounted javelinmen, follow me + hold fire. You select the target and go to the flank, vanguard or rear of the enemy unit in a straight line. When you get to a safe distance, you make a caracolle move and command a volley fire where the whole unit blows up the javelins in unison when turning.

I don't know, I think such an order would increase the tactical possibilities. For me the holy trinity of orders framed in a tactical bare minimum would be: switch weapon button + focus fire + volley fire. Assuming that AI group spear bracing orders are finally introduced by Taleworlds.

Maybe we have had different experiences, that could be; in my case, both with guided movements (follow me) and with free actions of charge orders carried out by the AI, the bots miss more than a carnival rifle.

Imagine the volley fire command in place.

You select the group of mounted javelinmen, follow me + hold fire. You select the target and go to the flank, vanguard or rear of the enemy unit in a straight line. When you get to a safe distance, you make a caracolle move and command a volley fire where the whole unit blows up the javelins in unison when turning.

I don't know, I think such an order would increase the tactical possibilities. For me the holy trinity of orders framed in a tactical bare minimum would be: switch weapon button + focus fire + volley fire. Assuming that AI group spear bracing orders are finally introduced by Taleworlds.
I use hold fire + open fire as a substitute volley command, it works out fine for me when I can be bothered:
Alternatively, if you can acquire enough Faris (although Haramis, the T4 desert bandit, work well enough) you can use that as your flanking force. But it is important that you somewhat control their release of the javelins. They don't have very many of them, so you want them to count. If you only have a few Haramis/Faris, you'll want to lead them yourself, on hold fire orders, until you can get a decisive flank then slow to a trot and get them to throw their javelins. A javelin's accuracy is immense in AI once they're moving slow and you can literally watch something like 10 or 15 Aserai-flavored javcav crumple a rank of enemies in front of them with a good release. The best part is that Faris (maybe only the high-tier ones, I don't recall off the top of my head) have javelins that one-shot almost anything with even a modest speed bonus.

TW logic is like:

Sharp sword deals 1 damage to armor
Same sword but blunt - ignores armor completly

Becouse physics i guess. Just try it yourself with knife.

BTW 0.1kg rock? Lol even good punch is more deadly

1. For example baseball ball throwing record is 45m/s for 0.145kg ball. Its was in 1974 by Lynn Nolan Ryan. So we have gang of baseball throwing champions here.

@vym I'm very happy you brought up the professional baseball reference, because nearly 9 months back I had stated something similar lol.

>Looters are not MLB pitchers
-they are desperate, starving, homeless men who lack the same access to the modern nutrition or training regimen as an MLB player would

but...

>Looters throw rocks like they are Cy Young Award winners
-the accuracy, the power, and the damage they do would make you believe they're wearing a few World Series rings on their hands. Maybe they should pawn off one or two and get some decent clothes...

The damage looters do with rocks (especially to fully armored characters) is downright silly.

This game so broken.

I would love to see someone siege a town with an army of looters. I imagine they would probably do pretty well. If someone were to capture that on video it would be objective proof that this game is bonkers.

I would do it myself but I can't find it in me to justify wasting 60 GB on my hard drive for this game.

I would love to see someone siege a town with an army of looters. I imagine they would probably do pretty well. If someone were to capture that on video it would be objective proof that this game is bonkers.

I would do it myself but I can't find it in me to justify wasting 60 GB on my hard drive for this game.

Not sure of possible. I usually have pretty high morale, yet recruits (tier 1 like looters) start routing when anything lands near them. Would be fun see a 200+ looter army routing right off the bat tho.

My Peasant Army can take a Castle or Town if I first destroy the Walls and the Gate, just need much higher numbers to overwhelm the defenders. If the fight last about a minute and they are taking heavy losses morale plummets and some will rout.

I have not tried with a Looter Army, would be interesting to use the rocks and destroy the defenders on the Walls.

Not sure of possible. I usually have pretty high morale, yet recruits (tier 1 like looters) start routing when anything lands near them. Would be fun see a 200+ looter army routing right off the bat tho.
Maybe after modding the game to disable the morale penalty then. I am not suggesting it as a viable game strategy, just as a practical demonstration of the fact that when it comes to combat tier of troops is not all that important, and that rocks are OP.

Looters absolutely melt if you put them on the walls.
Maybe after modding the game to disable the morale penalty then. I am not suggesting it as a viable game strategy, just as a practical demonstration of the fact that when it comes to combat tier of troops is not all that important, and that rocks are OP.
Even without the morale penalty, they have no shields and effectively zero armor; they get utterly reaved by arrows. You're not wrong that tier isn't really important but gear is really important. Having no shield is the BL equivalent of "just **** my **** up, fam."

Looters absolutely melt if you put them on the walls.

Even without the morale penalty, they have no shields and effectively zero armor; they get utterly reaved by arrows. You're not wrong that tier isn't really important but gear is really important. Having no shield is the BL equivalent of "just **** my **** up, fam."
I was thinking more for an offensive siege although I suppose that would still apply. I suspect that would still apply for any higher tier shieldless unit though.

I was thinking more for an offensive siege although I suppose that would still apply. I suspect that would still apply for any higher tier shieldless unit though.
Hmmm, I hadn't considered that. I mean that literally: the thought of taking a bunch of looters against a castle and seeing what happens never entered my head, not even one time.

when someone says they are meant to be slings, but he doesn't care at all if the sling animation is implemented, he's kind of exposing his biases.

Back
Top Bottom