Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

An elegant solution to avoiding endgame grind is to end the game earlier. You conquer 2/3 of the map, and it's game over, you won, congrats, you may continue playing if you really want, here's your score in the leaderboards.

To level the skill with Prison Breaks in 1.6.0. I need to be skilled in fighting and I need costly gear. Not early game friendly or even mid game. I tested with all kinds of weapons and farm tools and smith tools. Nothing comes close to easy and of course the delirious prisoner is not making the escape easier.
Someone pointed out in another thread that in order to level Roguery to 275, you need to kill 1 million peasants and 20,000 caravans.

The dev in that thread ghosted.

It's a bleep-show, brother. I recommend tweaking XP gain from Roguery upwards like 400-1000% as the devs continue to not fix this problem. Bannerlord Tweaks mod - it's a necessity.
An elegant solution to avoiding endgame grind is to end the game earlier. You conquer 2/3 of the map, and it's game over, you won, congrats, you may continue playing if you really want, here's your score in the leaderboards.
My even more elegant solution to avoiding endgame grind is to uninstall the game and play a different, better game.

That's how I've always played Warband, no reason Bannerlord should be different.

play a different, better game.
But what game should I play?I'm playing legend of mana AGAIN

Yeah, I like to start a new game and just race to mid game and the start a new one. It's much funner to play the the first 2 days of the game 10X then the rest of the game.

But what game should I play?I'm playing legend of mana AGAIN

Yeah, I like to start a new game and just race to mid game and the start a new one. It's much funner to play the the first 2 days of the game 10X then the rest of the game.
Right on, as I say games are normally a grind to start and fun late game once you built up, however Bannerlord is the exact opposite. And that is something TW could solve with late game situations to spice things up without having to resort to mods

It's me or the game don't load the same amount of stuff to memory and read the HD each time we open any menu?

Someone pointed out in another thread that in order to level Roguery to 275, you need to kill 1 million peasants and 20,000 caravans.

The dev in that thread ghosted.

It's a bleep-show, brother. I recommend tweaking XP gain from Roguery upwards like 400-1000% as the devs continue to not fix this problem. Bannerlord Tweaks mod - it's a necessity.

My even more elegant solution to avoiding endgame grind is to uninstall the game and play a different, better game.
If they introduced the "no bandit defection perk" I imagine we would continue hiring bandits and leading a very big party of bandits which (with enough morale) should significantly contribute to exp gain. That's my prediction at least, if they didn't decide to not introduce the perk anymore for some reason...

Silk is not made of cotton. Silkworms eat Mulberry Leaves and spin silk.
Change the cotton icon to the Mulberry Leaf please.

Thank you Bannerman Man.

I was just testing the Prison Breaks and the leveling of an Honest Rogue in 1.6.0. Breaking out all the falsely accused innocent people from prisons. ????
I read you did a lot of test of Roguery and the Prison Breaks, so you know how long it takes to level.

To TaleWorlds
In general I think the fun part of Roguery for me is early to mid game, where I am broke and fighting Looters and clearing Hideouts, doing small Quest and leading Bandit Troops as a Mercenary makes sense as they require less resources. But I also make lots of money with Trade and even Smith (Smith really? who would have thought). So at some point I can no longer go out of my way to do Rogue stuff because there is little money in it.

To level the skill with Prison Breaks in 1.6.0. I need to be skilled in fighting and I need costly gear. Not early game friendly or even mid game. I tested with all kinds of weapons and farm tools and smith tools. Nothing comes close to easy and of course the delirious prisoner is not making the escape easier.

The perks that make Prison Break "easy" are Perks like Last Hit and Head Hunter 175 in Throwing and others but some are as high up as 250 in multiple skill trees, including Roguery itself. The guards need to die in one or two hits or the prisoner might end up dead or me. So extreme high skill and perks are needed and quality expensive weapons. With the 1.5.9 Athletics I could do with less skill and gear than with the nerfed Athletics in 1.6.0.

And why it should be easy, because it is easier to defeat an Army on the Battlefield than it is to do some of the Prison Breaks. What is the point TaleWorld is making here?

What is the purpose of Roguery, if not doing some Bandit stuff early on, until one can afford to become a Vassal Noble Lord.

In 1.6.0 there are so many Noble troops that the idea about getting Bandits and converting them is no longer as useful if at all.

Roguery loses its appeal the more powerful one gets into the game because its simply not as useful nor as easy to level.

Stats for Conan the Honest Rogue
Roguery CNG 9+5 and 184 mostly from Prison Breaks. I have gone far of the track to find these prisoners when I could be making money I have PAID money to break out people.
In the meantime Scouting +5 has risen to 217 from just roaming the map. Tactics are at 70.
Trade is at 224 with only SOC 4+5
Steward is at 236 with only INT 4+5

In short I do not need Roguery anymore and certainly not when I hit 250 Trade and 275 Steward.

Prisoner: @mexxico Can you help me out of here good Sir, You see I lost my key and need to be at a Birthday Party ?
I don't think Taleworlds wants players to be able to break out multiple lords at once, but maybe instead they could add a thug troop or two (the kind that are in alleyways) to your team who would represent the "cellmate(s)" of the lord you're breaking out. 2 vs. 6 is very difficult, but 3 or 4 vs. 6 would be more managable, and would make the lord you're breaking out less of a target. Might make it too crowded though, idk.

Getting the thugs could be made to be contingent on something like extra payment to a gang leader or completing a side quest, etc. Then if the thug(s) survive the prison break, security in the settlement could take a hit as a result too.

I like Warband much better for prison breaks, in Bannerlord you hit walls so many times where in Warband you go out into the castle or town streets to escape. And in warband you could tell the lord to stay behind but here they act stupid and run ahead to get slaughtered, Once again a 10 year old game has a better mechanic

I like Warband much better for prison breaks, in Bannerlord you hit walls so many times where in Warband you go out into the castle or town streets to escape. And in warband you could tell the lord to stay behind but here they act stupid and run ahead to get slaughtered, Once again a 10 year old game has a better mechanic
It also helped that you and the guy you were prison breaking rearmed yourselves once you got outside rather than doing the whole thing in the disguise gear. You can't even make use of improving a civilian set since you can't use it 90% of the time.

It also helped that you and the guy you were prison breaking rearmed yourselves once you got outside rather than doing the whole thing in the disguise gear. You can't even make use of improving a civilian set since you can't use it 90% of the time.
didnt some mods that allowed companions to follow you into towns (like in bannerlord base game) also have them join you too or am i remembering wrong its been a while since i played warband

With the next patch, we'll be adding these changes to the prison break mission which should address some of your concerns:
  • The ability to tell the prisoner to stay or follow.
  • The removal of polearms from the prison guards.
How can we see new scenes like towns and villages etc. ?
Well, if you know all the old ones by heart then walking around and visiting villages one by one is probably the best time waster :grin:. You could compare the code in the settlements.xml (SandBox module) and/or custom_battle_scenes.xml (CustomBattle module for custom battles) between the old and the new version (via some online tool) to see which settlements on the campaign map had their scene file name changed and then visit them in-game.

Or you could have some CM noob check it out for you and paste the list below for 1.5.10 (1.6.0 didn't have any new ones). The new town and castle scenes were already specified in the patch notes.
  • Lochana (empire_village_o)
  • Epinosa (empire_village_m)
  • Syratos (empire_village_k)
  • Masangara (empire_village_z)
  • Crios (empire_village_t)
  • Nortanisa (empire_village_v)
  • Elvania (empire_village_u)
  • Gamardan (empire_village_s)
  • Carphenion (empire_village_l)
  • Leblenion (empire_village_y)
  • Canoros (empire_village_r)
  • Glavstrom (sturgia_village_d)
  • Alebat (sturgia_village_c)
  • Deir Hawa (aserai_village_d)
  • Uqba (aserai_village_k)
  • Abba (aserai_village_m)
  • Hunab (aserai_village_g)
  • Arromanc (vlandia_village_j)
  • Ebereth (battania_village_m)
  • Bog Beth (battania_village_g)
  • Khimli (khuzait_village_e)
  • Dinar (khuzait_village_d)
  • Nutyuk (khuzait_village_f)
P.S. in the future we'll try to add these to the patch notes as well.

With the next patch, we'll be adding these changes to the prison break mission which should address some of your concerns:
  • The ability to tell the prisoner to stay or follow.
  • The removal of polearms from the prison guards.

Well, if you know all the old ones by heart then walking around and visiting villages one by one is probably the best time waster :grin:. You could compare the code in the settlements.xml (SandBox module) and/or custom_battle_scenes.xml (CustomBattle module for custom battles) between the old and the new version (via some online tool) to see which settlements on the campaign map had their scene file name changed and then visit them in-game.

Or you could have some CM noob check it out for you and paste the list below for 1.5.10 (1.6.0 didn't have any new ones). The new town and castle scenes were already specified in the patch notes.
  • Lochana (empire_village_o)
  • Epinosa (empire_village_m)
  • Syratos (empire_village_k)
  • Masangara (empire_village_z)
  • Crios (empire_village_t)
  • Nortanisa (empire_village_v)
  • Elvania (empire_village_u)
  • Gamardan (empire_village_s)
  • Carphenion (empire_village_l)
  • Leblenion (empire_village_y)
  • Canoros (empire_village_r)
  • Glavstrom (sturgia_village_d)
  • Alebat (sturgia_village_c)
  • Deir Hawa (aserai_village_d)
  • Uqba (aserai_village_k)
  • Abba (aserai_village_m)
  • Hunab (aserai_village_g)
  • Arromanc (vlandia_village_j)
  • Ebereth (battania_village_m)
  • Bog Beth (battania_village_g)
  • Khimli (khuzait_village_e)
  • Dinar (khuzait_village_d)
  • Nutyuk (khuzait_village_f)
P.S. in the future we'll try to add these to the patch notes as well.
And when will they add the maps by region?

Back
Top Bottom