Exploit: Fast Endless Experience

Users who are viewing this thread

iRkshz

Regular
As you can see in the video, I have level 38 (there are 2297751 experience points) and 316 smithing (the same at 330) - that is, the smithing skill is "red-maximum" and will not increase (until I do endurance 10).

But as you can see, I go to the forge, forge high-quality swords, and my experience grows (now 2775039 experience points).

The same will happen with any skill that is maximum, it will not grow, but you will receive experience points.
But in all other skills it is difficult to get a quick boost, when smithing is very simple and fast gives endless experience points.

Solution to the problem: the player should not receive experience points for skills that have reached their possible maximum.

Clear new game e1.5.9. without mods

This would suck on near-endgame characters who aren't exploiting smithing, lol.
omg dude, it's not about smithing personally, I know how to quickly learn horse riding 330, and then get fast millions of experience points after (I will write about this later, because I am still experimenting)

omg dude, it's not about smithing personally, I know how to quickly learn horse riding 330, and then get fast millions of experience points after (I will write about this later, because I am still experimenting)
That's not new: use a bow while on horseback.

Neither is smithing giving tons of XP if you craft high-damage two-handers or javelins. Those have been around for awhile. But leveling has just been made decent for all the other skills; cutting off XP for maxed-out skills would be a really quick way to take it back to a bad place where players have to scrounge for focus points because they did their build "wrong." We already had players locked out of level progression at one point in BL: it sucked.

And I put "wrong" in quotes because the game provides you with approximately zero feedback on how any of this stuff interconnects.

That's not new: use a bow while on horseback.
hahaha, not everything is so simple, there is a trick how to get a lot of experience

Neither is smithing giving tons of XP if you craft high-damage two-handers or javelins.
really? I climbed from level 12 to level 38 in just 10 days - I wanted to pump the heir as soon as possible
level 42 can be made in 100 days :party:

cutting off XP for maxed-out skills would be a really quick way to take it back to a bad place where players have to scrounge for focus points because they did their build "wrong." We already had players locked out of level progression at one point in BL: it sucked.

And I put "wrong" in quotes because the game provides you with approximately zero feedback on how any of this stuff interconnects.

believe me, if I make a video manual on how to "honestly" get 42 levels in 100 days and post it on YouTube and write on some popular forums - everyone will use it

why? because if the developers know about this exploit, but don't do anything with it, then it's legal - and if it's legal, then you can do it and your conscience won't torment
-
btw, this is how good games die

Last edited:
hahaha, not everything is so simple, there is a trick how to get a lot of experience

really? I climbed from level 12 to level 38 in just 10 days - I wanted to pump the heir as soon as possible
level 42 can be made in 100 days... I like your frivolity, don't stop pls :party:

believe me, if I make a video manual on how to "honestly" get 42 levels in 100 days and post it on YouTube and write on some popular forums - everyone will use it

why? because if the developers know about this exploit, but don't do anything with it, then it's legal - and if it's legal, then you can do it and your conscience won't torment
-
btw, this is how good games die
Attitudes like this is how good forums die....

It's in single player mode, who cares? People who want to exploit will do it, people who don't want to won't. There are many, MANY, other things of much higher priority than to worry about if people in single player mode are able to cheese the game.

But as you can see, I go to the forge, forge high-quality swords, and my experience grows
We all know you get raw exp independently of skill exp, including when there is zero skill exp.
It's not an exploit or new discovery.
People have been power leveling with smithing all year. It's absolutely a boring and useless thing to do, but if they want to , whatever.

You know "level" doesn't actually do anything for your character? You still have to skill up each skill to gain actual effect or perk.
It's more like you're just wasting time one way instead of another.
You spend time unlocking the expensive parts and resting so you can do the same with other clan mates to power level them, you spend all this time doing it, then you still have to spend time using them to gain the real skills you want.

It's a really goofy thing to do.

You're right though, people would try it (they already do), people do all kinds of dum stuff because they don't understand the game very well.

You know "level" doesn't actually do anything for your character? You still have to skill up each skill to gain actual effect or perk.
It's more like you're just wasting time one way instead of another.
You spend time unlocking the expensive parts and resting so you can do the same with other clan mates to power level them, you spend all this time doing it, then you still have to spend time using them to gain the real skills you want.

It's a really goofy thing to do.
why did you write this? don't make me laugh pls
each level gives points, each point spent on a skill accelerates the growth of the skill - it's so simple that it's even funny for me to write this
high skill rate accelerates skill growth even more - in order to play comfortably and win, the player needs advanced skills with a high rate

I do not understand why you all write criticism here - THIS is an exploit and this is BAD
any discussion about this exploit (everyone knows that, let him be) shows your lack of understanding of game mechanics

I made all these posts for the developers - they are the ones who decide what will happen

Why do you post in a discussion forum when you're unwilling to accept any form of discussion that doesn't align with your perceived point?

Amazing as it may sound, but other people's opinions, ideas or advice may actually be useful or correct.

Why do you post in a discussion forum when you're unwilling to accept any form of discussion that doesn't align with your perceived point?

Amazing as it may sound, but other people's opinions, ideas or advice may actually be useful or correct.
an exploit is evil, an exploit is bad anyway
what kind of discussion can there be on the exploit topic?
how can you communicate with people who defend the exploit?

discussion can be in relation to the PROPOSAL like this ideas
Small obstacle trees?!
The army menu needs to be slightly improved
The forge needs to be slightly improved
or any other discussion that players raise - but an exploit is a bug, so how can a bug be discussed?
tell me please, will you discuss the actions of a maniac who committed a crime or are you just bringing him to justice? you can discuss if you are a criminologist - but if you are just a layman, then you have no knowledge in forensic science, you are not a lawyer or a prosecutor - what's the difference what a simple man in the street says about a maniac? :mrgreen:

what kind of discussion can there be on the exploit topic?
how can you communicate with people who defend the exploit?

discussion can be in relation to the PROPOSAL like this ideas
Small obstacle trees?!
The army menu needs to be slightly improved
The forge needs to be slightly improved
or any other discussion that players raise - but an exploit is a bug, so how can a bug be discussed?
tell me please, will you discuss the actions of a maniac who committed a crime or are you just bringing him to justice? you can discuss if you are a criminologist - but if you are just a layman, then you have no knowledge in forensic science, you are not a lawyer or a prosecutor - what's the difference what a simple man in the street says about a maniac? :mrgreen:

Wow ?

Then don't use it. Simple
Then get to the friggin Bug Report section of the forum and open a thread there and not in the General Discussion forum if you dont want to discuss things.

I'm not going into the last gibberish he wrote. Like wtf ...

I do not understand why you all write criticism here
Because we think you're wrong or missing some understanding. I feel like you don't consider the concept of campaign time or IRL time when you talk about potential balance exploits. You also don't seem to consider how other players play the game at all.

Solution to the problem: the player should not receive experience points for skills that have reached their possible maximum.
I 100% DISagree, most players don't do anything but normal gameplay and depriving them of exp from capped skills will stagnate them and reduce the diversity of builds, which is already a problem.
I made all these posts for the developers
You made them in the discussion forum.

There may be some fixes needed for particular activates giving exp, but your remedy is not acceptable and needs to be called out as such.

if the developers say that this is not a bug or an exploit - and that this is part of the game mechanics
What is it you think is a bug or an exploit? That you sat thier and made weapons over and over and over?
Or are you also doing something else to gain exp?
Gaining exp for character level independently of skill exp was 100% intentional, it wasn't in the early build.
In the early builds you needed actually skill point to level up but this was changed to the current system.
If there some bug like shooting a shield that's active or a npc or something like that, that can be a bug and should be patched, but the exp itself is an intentional design.

if the developers say that this is not a bug or an exploit - and that this is part of the game mechanics, I will shut up, I promise :xf-cool:
Please.
Initially, character levels would grow based on skill levels, but this led to situations where you could harm your own progression unintentionally by focusing on just a few skills that would take longer and longer to develop. To solve this, the system was changed to be based on raw experience instead, which means that characters can grow even if their skill levels don’t increase.

Back
Top Bottom