SP - General Culture of children

Users who are viewing this thread

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
It's very awkward children of an Empire noble house get Khuzait culture just because the mother is Khuzait. This never would happen in a real situation.
The children must get the culture of the house they are in so the culture of the husband.
The only exception might be when the player is a female but I have no idea how that works in the game.

BL-childrens-culture.jpg

a child born into a noble house of Calradia should have the culture:

1. Is any parents the clan leader: Clan leader culture (Including player in all cases currently)
2. Othervice - The not-moving parent culture. Today allways father

Then they are surrounded with the culture of the empire.

Not necessarely. picture 3 Empire males in clan all marrying Aserai vives. Then 2 of the males dies... Suddenly the Empire clan is Aserai dominated... The clan might even govern Aserai holdings.

Look around in the real life and see what happens in these cases.

I know. I think we mean the same - it´s just when written it sounded very sexist.

If the mother happens to be the dominant culture - the father is the foreigner - then ofc the child get mothers culture.

Luckely, IRL cultures are not this static. A child of a mixed culture couple will get a mixed culture if the parents yield equal influence. I guess somewhere close to 20% father, 20% mother, 60% environment.

Last edited:
Yes, in case of matrilineal marriages they should inherit the culture of the mother. As I wrote, the culture of the house.
Clan leaders swap culture around.
It's very awkward children of an Empire noble house get Khuzait culture just because the mother is Khuzait.
It is a bug. Before it was girls = mother's culture and boys = father's culture but it broke at some point. Probably around the time education system came.

It would be good if we could change our child’s culture.
For example my hero is batanian but he becomes a vlandian noble. I might think the vlandian culture would fit better than the batanian one. Whatever is the culture of his spouse.
Another example, my hero is an aserai in khuzait khanate with khuzait wife but all his fiefs are of the empire. I might think the imperial culture would fit the children the best.
Having options is good.

It is a bug. Before it was girls = mother's culture and boys = father's culture but it broke at some point. Probably around the time education system came.

did they fixed on the next patches of was reported? thats something horrible to see
It would be good if we could change our child’s culture.
For example my hero is batanian but he becomes a vlandian noble. I might think the vlandian culture would fit better than the batanian one. Whatever is the culture of his spouse.
Another example, my hero is an aserai in khuzait khanate with khuzait wife but all his fiefs are of the empire. I might think the imperial culture would fit the children the best.
Having options is good.
I could agree on this

I think it should be influenced by various things.
First, the place where the children grew up. If they're living in a huge empire city, it's a given they'll be of imperial culture.
If the other nobles of a similar age who attend feasts (one day, maybe...) and other events or just hang around where the seat of the family is are part of a single culture, that should also influence which culture the children grows up following.
Secondly, Calradia being pretty much in the early middle ages, the culture should be mostly influenced by the father. Matrilineal marriage... didn't exist. At all, in our history at least. It's spoken of, but there is no proof a matrilineal marriage ever happened in the early middle ages.
Or we could just have a button you can click on when the child reaches a certain age, "Click here to select culture."

Just for an interesting reference, the English kings after the norman conquest still spoke French. It is believed they became bilingual only in the 14th century. So there is a nice example when a ruling class was able to preserve its culture for a few centuries.

Back
Top Bottom