Will TW finish the Perks?

Users who are viewing this thread

You know. It took them about a year to fix player leveling progression that every player wanted. There were mods fixing lvling since BL launch

While I get the frustration that the perk trees still aren't done, I think you're being disingenuous like 98% of the perks are done and of the ones that aren't done they're partially done except 1. Don't get me wrong I think TW should have them finished them but honestly since we're still in ea I feel like there are going to be changes so at this time it's fine. Personally I think getting sieges and battlefield ai working better is a bigger priority.

While I get the frustration that the perk trees still aren't done, I think you're being disingenuous like 98% of the perks are done and of the ones that aren't done they're partially done except 1. Don't get me wrong I think TW should have them finished them but honestly since we're still in ea I feel like there are going to be changes so at this time it's fine. Personally I think getting sieges and battlefield ai working better is a bigger priority.
This.

I feel like it was valid criticism when almost none of the perks were complete, but right now its pretty much all set. I dont even check bannerlord perks when choosing them because chances are, they're implemented.

be realistic buddy you can't expect them to complete any features it's not in their job description (y) (y)
pjvu3.png

giphy.gif

I love the signature :lol:.

I'm glad you guys are unmuted and back home for Christmas. Be a good boy or otherwise Santa won't bring you presents this time. :lol: :iamamoron:

Only 9 of the 18 categories (50%) are finished. Has TW said if they're ever going to complete the others?
This is some sneaky fake news math. Yes what you're saying is not actually a lie, 9 of the 18 skills are less then 100% complete, however the incomplete one's are from 93%-98% complete, so you could also say at an eyeball the perks are 98% complete altogether.

However both are also false because although technically complete, some skills are definitely getting a revisions.
Charm is an obvious one, being the only skill without the any duel effects, it must get a make over.
We know devs are working on alt ways and revisions to medicine skill, so I SPECULATE it could likely have some changes in perks to work with this.
Likewise if we get revision to Leadership gaining we might get some changes too.
I would really appreciate a overhaul to the vigor skills too and honestly the effect of the skill on weapons in general. As it is investing in vigor skills seem both completely unnecessary and unrewarding.

Famous last words.

Also famous last words.

Too optimistic and too complex expectations.
They could fix sieges right now with tools already clearly available to them.

All they need to do is take the time to recode the pathing so that soldiers don't all try to climb the ladders at once. Make it a specialty assignment like breaking the inner gate, or setting up the ladders, and you're done. The buulk of the ladder detachment could stand in formation 3 paces from the ladder while selected Soldiers would move to the ladders as assigned by the same algorithm that picks who gets to push the battering ram, the only problem then would be fine tuning the algorithm so that a steady stream of soldiers climb the ladder at any given time.

Right now, we have a moshpit at the bottom of ladders and there's so much pushing and shoving that no one can get to the exact point to start climbing. That's why we have this problem. So the other solution is just to make ladder collision easier by widening the area where troops attach to ladders, so you don't have to be standing in exactly one place to start climbing and the jostling isn't as disruptive to the climbing. That would also fix things.

either way, like I said, the tools are already in place and the fix should have been out months ago. It's not rocket science. I can only conclude that they're not diagnosing the problem correctly.

Last edited:
They could fix sieges right now with tools already clearly available to them.

All they need to do is take the time to recode the pathing so that soldiers don't all try to climb the ladders at once. Make it a specialty assignment like breaking the inner gate, or setting up the ladders, and you're done. The buulk of the ladder detachment could stand in formation 3 paces from the ladder while selected Soldiers would move to the ladders as assigned by the same algorithm that picks who gets to push the battering ram, the only problem then would be fine tuning the algorithm so that a steady stream of soldiers climb the ladder at any given time.

Right now, we have a moshpit at the bottom of ladders and there's so much pushing and shoving that no one can get to the exact point to start climbing. That's why we have this problem. So the other solution is just to make ladder collision easier by widening the area where troops attach to ladders, so you don't have to be standing in exactly one place to start climbing and the jostling isn't as disruptive to the climbing. That would also fix things.

either way, like I said, the tools are already in place and the fix should have been out months ago. It's not rocket science. I can only conclude that they're not diagnosing the problem correctly.
It's just so bizarre that this hasn't been fixed a long time ago. It honestly would not surprise me if TW never manages to fix it properly. The most obvious choices and decisions for some reason just can't be made, meanwhile the modders fix it for them. The argument that it's just that complicated to fix doesn't hold up when modders can do it themselves ten times as fast.

Back
Top Bottom