Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, pretty much, a lot of them even admit to never actually playing the game, just coming on the forums to troll and say how bad the game is ...
...or how good it is. Let us not forget about those countless white knights who pop up every now and then who never played (but mummy promised to buy when school is over) or just started to play and decided to immediately ejaculate with their verbal support...

Link threads of at least 3 (less than a lot) people admitting that what you just said.
Mods complain about how people keep breaking rules, but then let threads like these exist, which's only purpose is to enable flaming.
TW isn't trolled here, what have you expected?

...or how good it is. Let us not forget about those countless white knights who pop up every now and then who never played (but mummy promised to buy when school is over) or just started to play and decided to immediately ejaculate with their verbal support...

Link threads of at least 3 (less than a lot) people admitting that what you just said.

TW isn't trolled here, what have you expected?
If any threads have some actual mature discussion instead of uselessly criticising the developers about an unreleased early access game they're instantly flagged as white knights by all of the trolls in this forum just wanting to make this a toxic environment whilst circlejerking each other on how they came up with the best "devs are bad people lul" meme

If any threads have some actual mature discussion instead of uselessly criticising the developers about an unreleased early access game they're instantly flagged as white knights by all of the trolls in this forum just wanting to make this a toxic environment whilst circlejerking each other on how they came up with the best "devs are bad people lul" meme
You literally misinterpreted everybody's honest concerns to receive a great game instead of just a decent one. Sure it is not as smooth and bootlicking as your comments but it served its purpose many times. Mature people tend to discuss and sometimes argue in the process. The small difference between yourself and them is they do not spread lies... You ask why? Nobody has ever insulted or tried to personally attack any developer. I know some hypersensitive forum admins might have felt it this way, but everybody else felt different - TW as the organization was to blame...

Can someone please close this thread as its only purpose is to troll and antagonize?!

Plenty of them actually did, they've mostly been banned though.
From a larger perspective, I must trust what you say. Since I am here (1yr or so) which isn't btw. that long... I haven't seen people attacking devs, calling them names, etc... Of course, I didn't read all threads, and I believe anyone should be banned for breaking the forum rules. Does it mean everybody who complains has to immediately be considered a toxic outlaw?

Last edited:
From a larger perspective, I must trust what you say. Since I am here (1yr or so) which isn't btw. that long... I haven't seen people attacking devs, calling them names, etc... Of course, I didn't read all threads, and I believe anyone should be banned for breaking the forum rules. Does it mean everybody who complains has to immediately be considered a toxic outlaw?
I think most of them were from the MP scene as they have different communication culture.
My recent mute was due to a warning about calling the TW Dear Leader literally Hitler. It was a joke, but there's a low tolerance for saying potentially offensive stuff about TW devs. Or maybe it's a proof that Armagan secretly reads the forums, as the message was removed too, which they only do for the really nasty stuff.

I think most of them were from the MP scene as they have different communication culture.
My recent mute was due to a warning about calling the TW Dear Leader literally Hitler. It was a joke, but there's a low tolerance for saying potentially offensive stuff about TW devs. Or maybe it's a proof that Armagan secretly reads the forums, as the message was removed too, which they only do for the really nasty stuff.

You said ..what?!

Im sorry Vader- but im going to have to turn you into a dog for a while....

Words may seem to be pretty harsh especially when used out of context and a sense of humor is always a good filter. Did nobody get this joke, btw? :wink: I assume he (H-man) is not someone you would like to be compared with in one sentence... Good to have you back @MadVader.

Last edited:
Here is an example of a thread in which forum users started singling out a developer:

Does it happen on a regular basis then?
Definitely not. It's very rare.

To be honest, I think the comments in that thread are understandable.

A better example of "hostility" might be when a user photoshopped the face of that developer onto a picture of a scary monster coming out of a closet. A moderator eventually deleted it, although the user wasn't banned or muted - possibly because he usually makes very good posts. The image looked genuinely very scary.

So much polite, eloquent, informative feedback was made during beta (and early EA), it's not surprising if the boards are left with nothing but bitterness at this point.

My recent mute was due to a warning about calling the TW Dear Leader literally Hitler. It was a joke, but there's a low tolerance for saying potentially offensive stuff about TW devs.

These snowflakes get offended by anything. Comparing people to Hitler is classic, timeless and always in good taste. Right, guys? Guys?...

The mutes and bans only happened when people realized TW were not listening to a single thing that was being said. It's their own fault. Keep blaming the community for something that goes both ways.

Definitely not. It's very rare.

To be honest, I think the comments in that thread are understandable.

A better example of "hostility" might be when a user photoshopped the face of that developer onto a picture of a scary monster coming out of a closet. A moderator eventually deleted it, although the user wasn't banned or muted - possibly because he usually makes very good posts. The image looked genuinely very scary.

So much polite, eloquent, informative feedback was made during beta (and early EA), it's not surprising if the boards are left with nothing but bitterness at this point.

Also a few months after the release there were plenty of "X DEVELOPER SHOULD BE FIRED!" threads and posts which is pretty much instaban worthy.

These snowflakes get offended by anything. Comparing people to Hitler is classic, timeless and always in good taste. Right, guys? Guys?...
Comparing people to Hitler when it's obviously an unwarranted overreaction is sarcasm. It depends on the context, including who is doing it.
You are literally Goebbels and your post is worse than the Holocaust. See?

Comparing people to Hitler when it's obviously an unwarranted overreaction is sarcasm. It depends on the context, including who is doing it.
You are literally Goebbels and your post is worse than the Holocaust. See?

That’s a good one! Mind if I write that down, definitely gonna use it. See? That’s sarcasm. What you’re doing, I dont know. We’ve recently celebrated liberation day where we celebrate not speaking german. The day before we had a commemoration day. Anyway, you’re a clever guy, I dont have to explain this to you. I’m not offended about that, just drawing a clear distinction about a quality joke and ill taste. It’s like me jokingly wishing you got stage 4 stomach cancer and died. I can claim it’s about context but it’s still in ill taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom