[POLL]: How do you feel about he console port?

How do you feel about he console port?

• I think it's great, the more people able to play the better

• I think it's good as long as the game isn't limited because of consoles

• I don't care either way

• They shouldn't even be thinking about consoles until EA is done for PC with all promised features

• The console port is just a money grab

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Can you connect the dots by now?

It's simple, they wont.
tenor.gif
didn't they say that they will add *some* features? am i misremembering?
won't releasing a semi-empty game hurt their sales?

literally making the "full-release" a console release (I.E. they seem to be going full steam ahead to make it console ready, then will release it as full release, but really its just ready for console).

Wow.

Pretty mad at TW.
Thats not even the whole thing, after release the console versions are going to be filled with bugs and then begins the bugfixing and optimization which can take easily 3-6 months because otherwise they will face a lot of backlash, like it happened to Cyberpunk, so they will prioritise this over PC issues. I said it long ago, they have no interest in developing the game to where it should be, they already sold what they wanted on EA release by hiding the true state of the game instead of getting beta players to start helping them in SP. Now they want to make small fixes, pack it up, take the cash grab, bug fixing a little bit, and thats it.

We really should give a heads up to some youtubers and streamers so they know whats up, show then the "too complex" threads or the private servers, the shady business practice of EA release: having beta players play MP all day with no value to TW instead of SP so they actually fix stuff, but then people would know how ****ed the game was and decrease sells, so they went shady, radio silence and a ****storm of a release with a massive cash grab.

Last edited:
didn't they say that they will add *some* features? am i misremembering?
They are going to add the world map-battle thingy and the keep battles, and thats pretty much it since they need to launch in a few months for consoles. Its just that and fixing up a little bit of economy and things like that. Modders will have to take the wheel. To be honest I prefer this situation, to release early, devs are lacking numbers and they have poor management, modders can take the game where it belongs in less time and not having to deal with so many updates will encourage them to get involved since their work wont go to **** so often.

You must be new or blissfully ignorant, which is neither bad per se.
I cant really answer your question because I detest speculating, seeing it rarely helps.

However I'm aware there is a fair few who have been waiting for this on console. And seeing as there is nothing close to Bannerlord on consoles I assume they would be happy with what they could get, even in this current state.

They are going to add the world map-battle thingy and the keep battles, and thats pretty much it since they need to launch in a few months for consoles. Its just that and fixing up a little bit of economy and things like that. Modders will have to take the wheel. To be honest I prefer this situation, to release early, devs are lacking numbers and they have poor management, modders can take the game where it belongs in less time and not having to deal with so many updates will encourage them to get involved since their work wont go to **** so often.
it's not modders' job to make games not empty. and even if someone wants to work for free, they won't be able to do as they like because of the internal coding thingy blocking their efforts.
bannerlord should at the very least have all the features that warband had.
seen here
and to make the moderately expected game, they should add these

please make it cross compatible

multiplayer is dead on pc having huge numbers of console players to play against would be great for multiplayer

hopefully they have a battle mode by then
What’s the point of having them on the same server? They won’t stand a chance against flexible mouse and keyboard users.

Who actually wants to play such a game on a console anyway? There is literally not a single benefit of doing so. Sounds as absurd as dropping your racing wheel for your keyboard to play a racing sim.

What’s the point of having them on the same server? They won’t stand a chance against flexible mouse and keyboard users.

Who actually wants to play such a game on a console anyway? There is literally not a single benefit of doing so. Sounds as absurd as dropping your racing wheel for your keyboard to play a racing sim.
other games that have crossover also include the option of not playing with pc players if they so choose,

why not have more populated servers by including every platform participants

also i enjoy console more, the way players on console play is differently then pc

pc plays play archer alot more then console players bc mouse is insanely accurate

therefore console players get to have more melee fights bc of that, which i enjoy more

it's not modders' job to make games not empty. and even if someone wants to work for free, they won't be able to do as they like because of the internal coding thingy blocking their efforts.
seen here
and to make the moderately expected game, they should add these
That ship sailed long ago my man, its either modders or nothing, so I really hope they listen to their feedback from the other threads, otherwise TW will literally lose millions over the years of people who would have bought the game just to get into a GoT mod and others. They can ignore the forum playerbase, but they cannot ignore modders, they will be their main income source in the following years.

But I agree TW should have at the very least include every feature from Warband and a few important mods like Freelancer, they have done false advertisement with all those dev blogs promising cool minor factions that now just work as mercenaries or the outlaw roleplay. It simply has no excuse. Shady business practice

Thats not even the whole thing, after release the console versions are going to be filled with bugs and then begins the bugfixing and optimization which can take easily 3-6 months because otherwise they will face a lot of backlash, like it happened to Cyberpunk, so they will prioritise this over PC issues. I said it long ago, they have no interest in developing the game to where it should be, they already sold what they wanted on EA release by hiding the true state of the game instead of getting beta players to start helping them in SP. Now they want to make small fixes, pack it up, take the cash grab, bug fixing a little bit, and thats it.

We really should give a heads up to some youtubers and streamers so they know whats up, show then the "too complex" threads or the private servers, the shady business practice of EA release: having beta players play MP all day with no value to TW instead of SP so they actually fix stuff, but then people would know how ****ed the game was and decrease sells, so they went shady, radio silence and a ****storm of a release with a massive cash grab.
youtubers dont care though, they just want to clickbait people!

And most people are happy with BL if they never played previous WB (they dont know whats missing, or how it could be better, they are just happy to hack & slash)

but yes, seems like you are right about the cash grab - doesn't seem like they are interested in finishing PC version like they claimed prior...

That ship sailed long ago my man
before this news, they said that they're focusing on PC to make a good game.
they're taking a long time doing it but the game is getting incrementally better and i can't blame them for wanting to iron out crashes and improving performance before adding features.

i see the ship sailing right now with them wanting to make a console version and presumably (because how else could a console version materialize when they're finished fixing the performance of the PC one?) putting most devs to work on the console version.

I guess I sympathize. I've occasionally purchased a PC game not realizing it was a console port and been utterly disgusted at the stupid controls, tutorials that assumes I had a game pad, inability to change FoV and the like, lack of dedicated server support, and general failure to be a proper PC title. That said, as sympathetic as I am Bannerlord is a PC game and wasting time and resources trying to turn it into a console game is silly, especially when there's so much work left to do.

I understand that selling on consoles will be a major financial boost for TW, but they're going to completely alienate their fanbase if they choose to release a half assed game due to console limitations.

They could have some issues moving forward if they plan on any future releases after Bannerlord.

I know right? There are so many people that have antagonized everyone and me for being a "hater", "ungrateful", "not appreciating all that's already been accomplished", "your expectations are too high", and "being unreasonable". All I want is for this ****ing game to at least be Warband with better graphics. Is that so much to ask? Is that so unreasonable? Apparently, it is according to the apologists and TW. I don't see how this is apparently just too toxic and too high of a bar to set for TW.

I voted to focus on the PC for now and only after that is solid to do a console version.

If the PC version doesn't get good reviews, then the console version isn't going to get the sales they are hoping for. Focus on doing the PC version exceptionally well then port only after that.

I think at the very least the tier 1 and 2 issues must be addressed before final release.

I understand the need to port to consoles there is a potential playerbase there however if you really loved Bannerlord you would not be playing it on a console I just wish they did not develop the port during EA

idk why i didn't look this up earlier...
your callum quote is from 22nd february 2020

i guess it is possible to add warband and the most requested features if they don't release soon™

idk why i didn't look this up earlier...
your callum quote is from 22nd february 2020

i guess it is possible to add warband and the most requested features if they don't release soon™
Not sure why the date matters, but there's only a handful of additional features they've confirmed.

We won't even be getting alliances or non-aggression pacts

Back
Top Bottom