That's why Bannerlord is absolutely unplayable (IMHO of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Frankly only one moment making me vomit from this game. One veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal moment. Battles. And that's why:
- there is literally no AI targeting system
- as I told before - only 1 enemy mounted guy turning around all my FCKN army while archers shooting theirs butts
- as far as it is not turn based strategy there is literally no possibility to control my army same computer do - mounted archers left flank, cavalry right flank, infantry shield box formation, then move archers here, then there, then over there etc. doing all this sh*t simultaneously
- cavalry is the most annoying useless units I've ever seen in any games. All my bunch of 30 mounted pricks running around battlefield following only one same retarded mounted enemy unit who chaotically moving in random directions, completely ignoring archers and infantry
- physics is totally fckd up too. Im sick and tired doing 25-35 damage with my huge axe from my horse to infantry and archers (with weapon skill 150). This is pure bullcrap.
- archers are the only playable and totally OP units in the game. And lotters with unlimited stones too of course. They shooting without missing and doing absolutely inadequate damage even through my 65 body armor with 2/3 damage settings, lol
- buying armor and leveling character is almost useless processes, because even in the best armor some t1 bum with axe will 2-3 shot you. As well as t1-t2 archer. Not saying even about 2h guys. 1 shot and gg.

Dear devs, just tell me, please, is all this sh*t fixable? Or I should just "abandon hope all ye who enter here"?

Fixing the combat AI is one of TW primary things right now. The devs have said this publicly. Now, will they really fix it all ? Well.... probably not in the way that we all want.

But do they know about these problems? Yes. Are they working on it? Yes.

there is literally no AI targeting system
- as I told before - only 1 enemy mounted guy turning around all my FCKN army while archers shooting theirs butts
Yeah it's pretty absurd how the AI behaves and the only thing you can do is "put ranged units here, tell them look this way, hope they remember to shoot".
Oh look all my t5-6 Cav I got from prisoner, hhhmmm I guess I'll put them in shield wall infront of my ranged.
Hey I'll drag them around on fallow so enemies shoot at them and not me and I'll just kill all the enemies my self!
Now's the time to charge them into those archer's backs! Oh no they kill 1/20 of them and then 1/2 the cav died getting shot in the back. Remember Swadian knights? I do, they were good. I want that.

And the amazing damage formulas, Remember the famous historical europe battle where King kangus khan used his famous tactics of using the peasant archers to defeat the French Knights because he realized that the speed of the charging horses would cause the weak, near useless basic arrows from his peasant archers to hit so hard they go through the armor just tear the guys heads off! SO great to finally have some historically accurate mechanics in a game.

Edit: I guess I gotta say because of the topic title, I play Bannerlord almost everyday and I think it's very "playable". But I agree with OP's complaints and requests and look forward to related improvements.

Last edited:
RTS style of control is "best" we could have but it would be too complex for console
yEAH :/ I almost had a smart moment thinking about that though like.... you can always out micro the enemy when there is no micro.... Idunno but there's something there.

TW needs to make some baby steps though, Like if Units would not attack/chase/shoot at routing enemies while non-routing enemies remain active, that would be a big improvement.

If Cavalry could land it's initial charge hit that would go a long way too.

I really want the group target at target and similar stuff, but there's plenty of other improvements to make too.

Frankly, guys, I've found a panacea. A magic button which solved all my problems. Just F6 in the beginning of every battle. That's it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/791 Unique DLs 66,986 rank 44 on Nexus when sorted by Unique DLs
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/355 Unique DLs 47,107 rank 68

I mean these two mods almost solving all of the problem OP mentioned. I literally treat them as a official module in mod load order. Every now and then, some guys open a tread about these problems or mentions these problems in some other threads. TW just see what your playerbase wants or at least substantial portion of it. @Dejan I know you bring some of these suggestion internally. Please, ask it again if not accepted.

I mean literally I was fighting Empire the other day. I drag my archers to a hill where they are far away from my infantry and Empire cavs targeted my archers but only my archers because with RTS mod ai can attack a specific formation. Because of my mistake half of my archers was gone. I want this, I want ai can punish me for my mistake.

I mean literally I was fighting Empire the other day. I drag my archers to a hill where they are far away from my infantry and Empire cavs targeted my archers but only my archers because with RTS mod ai can attack a specific formation. Because of my mistake half of my archers was gone. I want this, I want ai can punish me for my mistake.

Wow! This is very good to hear. You actually nudged me a bit towards playing the game again. Kudos!

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/791 Unique DLs 66,986 rank 44 on Nexus when sorted by Unique DLs
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/355 Unique DLs 47,107 rank 68

I mean these two mods almost solving all of the problem OP mentioned. I literally treat them as a official module in mod load order. Every now and then, some guys open a tread about these problems or mentions these problems in some other threads. TW just see what your playerbase wants or at least substantial portion of it. @Dejan I know you bring some of these suggestion internally. Please, ask it again if not accepted.

Okay I'm gonna try these out! Probably got a couple weeks before update, good time for mods.

I agree with OP, sometimes the AI makes me Alt+F4.

Anyway I save before each battle and if I see my guys doing something silly I go to main menu and load the battle again.

25-25 dmg? which axe is that?

Best mod for doing damage is Xorberax's cut through everyone + Dismemberment (Plus)
Makes for some crazy stuff.

I think the Improved Combat AI mod can be adjusted to make troops smarter and shoot better, even after Cavalry.

Testing today mods in 1.6.0,
Diplomacy - there is so much PEACE!
Surrender Tweaks - no more fighting 2 looters.
Battle Regeneration - feels awesome, works for all troops. I wonder still how it affects large battles since I haven't been in one with this mod.
Battle Mini Map - AI always know where I am, so why should I not know where he is.
Configurable Battle Scenes - Keep forgetting to use it lol
and the RTS mods ofc.

Anyway I save before each battle and if I see my guys doing something silly I go to main menu and load the battle again.
I usually do this too, but I've been playing some ironman games and it's a cold reminder of how completely ****ed bannerlord AI behavior can be sometimes. I mean, you can still close the game but it takes longer so it's just annoying! Also annoying, marriage, getting pregnant, lords not being where the book says they are: All thing less annoying with normal saving!

25-25 dmg? which axe is that?
I know what he means, sometimes your speed gets stunted in some way and applied to you attack and you have these absurdly weak hits with like say executioner's axe! Happens a lot mounted too because you have get so close that you bump with the horse and the target is moving away as the hit lands and you speed is stopped too.

What do you mean? It's part of the charm when one random ******* twiddling his thumbs far behind your lines, turns your entire flank while 50 archers loose arrows right up your asses. It's a classic and authentic M&B experience.

Awesome. Playing as a non-fighter commander is now more viable. In native, the command system doesn't make you busy enough to not itch jumping into the fight.
I personally dont use its birdview feature. Other things this mod offer just essential for me which are telling my men to attack specific formation and being able to play as your companion or your soldier at the battlefield after you knocked out.

Is it stable? I think it is. You get crashes on battlefields sometimes but it is not so often for my taste.

- there is literally no AI targeting system
no, thankfully there is no such feature
care to elaborate?
- as far as it is not turn based strategy there is literally no possibility to control my army same computer do - mounted archers left flank, cavalry right flank, infantry shield box formation, then move archers here, then there, then over there etc. doing all this sh*t simultaneously
git gud?
- cavalry is the most annoying useless units I've ever seen in any games. All my bunch of 30 mounted pricks running around battlefield following only one same retarded mounted enemy unit who chaotically moving in random directions, completely ignoring archers and infantry
here is the deal, BL is not a game of a Warrior, but a game of General or Warlord. So you have to place your cav in such a way, so they prioritize targets in a more or less proper manner until TW would introduce a target selection system. Also, kd 12 to 1 is pretty damn good in my books, so cav is ok.
physics is totally fckd up too. Im sick and tired doing 25-35 damage with my huge axe from my horse to infantry and archers (with weapon skill 150). This is pure bullcrap.
not so huge it seems.
- archers are the only playable and totally OP units in the game. And lotters with unlimited stones too of course. They shooting without missing and doing absolutely inadequate damage even through my 65 body armor with 2/3 damage settings, lol
i like my infantry formation. looters do run out of rocks. they also tend to kill banner knights.
buying armor and leveling character is almost useless processes, because even in the best armor some t1 bum with axe will 2-3 shot you. As well as t1-t2 archer. Not saying even about 2h guys. 1 shot and gg.
git gud? because you know there are such things as blocking and dodging...
Dear devs, just tell me, please, is all this sh*t fixable? Or I should just "abandon hope all ye who enter here"?
although in the current state of the game BL leaves much to be desired, but i'm pretty sure the main issue is with you. you probably bought the wrong game.

Back
Top Bottom