Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

We have a nice long list of all AI abuses and we are working on changes to AI behavior to not allow them as much as possible. We believe ramobing goes against the spirit of Captain Mode and we have some changes we are working on already to make sure that ramobing is not a profitable strategy in Captain Mode.
Can we get an update on what the development team has planned for this? some time has passed

When are you going to do something about MP servers crashing. The game is in the worst state it has ever been, as far multiplayer goes. I cannot believe people even try to play anymore.

Hey guys, longtime fan and vet of the series, absolutely love you all for making my dream games (yes plural due to infinite moddability) come true. I have a small request that I was hoping one of your team could maybe bring up in discussions about the next MP patches in the works. I'm personally a huge fan of Captain Mode, and Commander Battle before it and I am desperately longing for this game mode to receive an update at the moment. I think what it really needs for a breath of fresh air is one new map that is very open and plains like, to allow people to really experiment with archers and skirmishers to their full potential as at the moment most of the maps are either too small or so filled with obstructions ranged weapons are rarely effective. A map like this would be fun for cavalry as well. The other change would probably be more difficult to implement due to optimization but I think it would really revitalize the gameplay in a great way. That change would be to ever so slightly increase the unit sizes that we are allowed to control in Captain Mode. I think a good standard for your baseline infantry unit should be around 30, with elite units decreasing in quantity from that number. Cav could be set at around 13-15 to even it out as well. Just my thoughts, and I look forward to seeing what the future of Bannerlord brings for us all. Thanks for your time.

Finishing up on a big MP patch, significant changes to combat and troops overall. Final testing and adjustments going on.
Couples of questions:

-Are we going to test the duel servers in this next update, or shall we wait untill 1.6.0. come out of beta branch?

-It would include any buff for heavy infantery? It is underpowered right now.

-Is friendly fire ever coming back to siege?

Thank you.

No plan to open beta servers yet. You will be able to play once beta goes Live.
[...]
From preplexity and with no intent to suggest a passive aggressive stance...
giphy.gif

... so why are you announcing it then in patch notes? Shouldn't BETA servers be the platform for active testing?

From preplexity and with no intent to suggest a passive aggressive stance...
giphy.gif

... so why are you announcing it then in patch notes? Shouldn't BETA servers be the platform for active testing?
We are testing.... Waiting for a fix on a critical issue before we enable public servers.

Finishing up on a big MP patch, significant changes to combat and troops overall. Final testing and adjustments going on.
Is cheering imported to multiplayer in it yet? It seems like such a tiny undertaking but would do so much for the enjoyment of the game

@AVRC Please consider making changes to the vlandian sergeant. Currently the mace is very weak with the 47dmg and 91 speed. Also the sword is 90 speed and it's the slowest compared to khuzait and aserai swords(same reach,same handling but 93 speed instead of 90). Sword is not much of an issue but the mace needs a slight buff like speed increase from 91 to 93 or slight dmg boost maybe to 59 and -1 speed. As it is the vlandian inf is having trouble and it's considered the weakest heavy inf in the game.

Like Sturgia has the Heavy battles Axe with insane reach and damage, Khuzait has slow but broken mace with 69 damage, Legionary on empire has a really good axe with 93 speed and good damage. Not to mention the axe on Vlandia is the most useless weapon and nobody is using it in-game. Basically both mace(need damage or speed) and axe(need more reach) to be good weapons so the Vlandian heavy inf can be on the same level with the other factions.

@AVRC Please consider making changes to the vlandian sergeant. Currently the mace is very weak with the 47dmg and 91 speed. Also the sword is 90 speed and it's the slowest compared to khuzait and aserai swords(same reach,same handling but 93 speed instead of 90). Sword is not much of an issue but the mace needs a slight buff like speed increase from 91 to 93 or slight dmg boost maybe to 59 and -1 speed. As it is the vlandian inf is having trouble and it's considered the weakest heavy inf in the game.
100% agree with ya there bud, Vlandia is considered the worst faction by a LONG shot and is memed in our community by saying "Vlandia is the best faction." But that is mainly due to the **** throwing meta that disables anyone after one throw no matter how much of a skilled player you are. I hope Vlandian inf gets a good buff because right now they suck.

No plan to open beta servers yet. You will be able to play once beta goes Live.
Wait, so the beta patch contains Duel mode... but we won't get to play Duel at all until the main branch is updated to 1.6.0? Why? I understand that you include it in the patch notes since you intend to include Duel mode in the main 1.6.0 patch, but... why not let the community beta test the mode after you fix the critical issues it seems to have had for the past 2 years?

Back
Top Bottom