Making console port instead of improving EA on PC. Why is it worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread

I need a hug. Seriously. You will ask me why? So, I am one of that people, who played Warband on PS4. Joking, this version is bad, but not that much ?
Firstly, optimization. It is unsurprisingly good, because Warband is an indie (past)pastgen. 60 fps, max graphics, all graphical effects. But, unfortunately, its the olny advantage of this version.
Controls. Oh my gosh, this, what exactly ruined it for me. And that is not because "haha gamepad gaming, keyboard is way better", no. The problem is that TW made awful sticks sensivity, no matter high it is or low, it just isnt smooth, so actually it is barely playable.
Finally, no mod support, small playerbase and dead online count. I would explain only two of them. Why playerbase is small on PS? Because they never heard of it! You cant rate the game in PS Store neither write a review. That is why it is on the final pages of the store and on the sales far behind AAA games. Online dead? Yes. You can find players online only in certain hours a day. I don't have any statistics about a singleplayer player count, but according to dead MP, I think it is pretty dead too.
So, I will get to the point. I think, we don't need Bannerlord port on consoles, because it slows down the development on PC (which has 95% of the M&B community) and in fact we will get unpopular, barely playable version. But who cares, Armagan officially announced it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Now your thoughts, guys? Do we need it? Have you played M&B on consoles before?

I have played Warband on ps4 and cleared the map many times on it. By comparison the PC is so much easier to me, because of the aim of the bow. In fact I feel like I'm very good HA because I suffered so much playing HA on clunky ps4 controller, I learned to mostly aim with the horse, which is actually really good IMO. Of course all the commands are much easier on key board too.

I don't think playing Bannerlord on a console appeals to me at all now that I play it on PC. I didn't have a PC that could play it and got this just when beta applications opened, it's not great but it can play Bannerlord.

I understand the desire to reach a broader audience and I think it's okay, though I don't feel there will be that much more players gained by console release.

I sincerely hope we aren't held back any of our requests for better battle commands/controls and other "keyboard centric" stuff just for sake of a console version. Really no excuse, they can always omit or dum down something just for controllers, but we need better controls on PC still!

I really hope console port will get reviews it deserves given the features of the game. On the other hand Redundant will maybe do miracle and will sell hot water to console players successfully.

well Callum said that most of the people is still working on PC EA, so should be fun to see what will happen with console version. Could be something like Cyberpunk 2077 release.

Here's a hug fren
ooEL63f.png

I need a hug. Seriously. You will ask me why? So, I am one of that people, who played Warband on PS4. Joking, this version is bad, but not that much ?
Firstly, optimization. It is unsurprisingly good, because Warband is an indie (past)pastgen. 60 fps, max graphics, all graphical effects. But, unfortunately, its the olny advantage of this version.
Controls. Oh my gosh, this, what exactly ruined it for me. And that is not because "haha gamepad gaming, keyboard is way better", no. The problem is that TW made awful sticks sensivity, no matter high it is or low, it just isnt smooth, so actually it is barely playable.
Finally, no mod support, small playerbase and dead online count. I would explain only two of them. Why playerbase is small on PS? Because they never heard of it! You cant rate the game in PS Store neither write a review. That is why it is on the final pages of the store and on the sales far behind AAA games. Online dead? Yes. You can find players online only in certain hours a day. I don't have any statistics about a singleplayer player count, but according to dead MP, I think it is pretty dead too.
So, I will get to the point. I think, we don't need Bannerlord port on consoles, because it slows down the development on PC (which has 95% of the M&B community) and in fact we will get unpopular, barely playable version. But who cares, Armagan officially announced it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Now your thoughts, guys? Do we need it? Have you played M&B on consoles before?
true,

never seen M&B on the PS store. Nor would I even consider this type of game for PlayStation / console - total NON console type game. You literally, cannot pick up and play this game for 30 minutes (u would have no time to do anything, literally buying/selling is prob sooooooOOoOOO laborious on console (it already is on PC...)

anyways.

TW will do whatever makes their bank happy (not the playerbase).

They'll see their bank wont be happy with the next game. Thats the only way they will learn.

And that is not because "haha gamepad gaming, keyboard is way better", no.
I sympathize with your need for a hug, but keyboard *is* way better. Especially for a game where you have to... well, aim.
I wish they would just focus on the PC. If and when the game finally releases in a decent state, then it'd make sense to divert *some* resources to console as long as they're willing to make it work decently. I'm not really sure they'd be able to develop a game for both PC and consoles, truth be told. I mean, CDPROJEKTRED wasn't able to, and they're far, far, far, far, far *inhales* far, far, far more experienced and talented than Taleworlds.

I sympathize with your need for a hug, but keyboard *is* way better. Especially for a game where you have to... well, aim.
I wish they would just focus on the PC. If and when the game finally releases in a decent state, then it'd make sense to divert *some* resources to console as long as they're willing to make it work decently. I'm not really sure they'd be able to develop a game for both PC and consoles, truth be told. I mean, CDPROJEKTRED wasn't able to, and they're far, far, far, far, far *inhales* far, far, far more experienced and talented than Taleworlds.
Keyboard is better, yes. But you can play comfortably with gamepad if you learn. There are plenty of games with good gamepad controls (Call of Duty series, Titanfall, Dark Souls etc.) But Warband has awful sticks sensivity as I said, if they will fix that issue in Bannerlord, it would be "not that bad" version.

if consoles can crossplay with pc then it will only add to the player count which is a good thing

i personally really enjoyed the xbox community and would go back to it if they had bannerlord,

the only reason i bought a pc was to play bannerlord

tbh consoles are more fun bc archers are less accurate playing with controller instead of a mouse
which is important for a inf main as archers are completely meta without realistic arrow penetration physics

i hope they add battle more or that "one life mode" they keep talking about or the game's multiplayer will be just as dead as pc

i dream they add the gold system back but i know we have to wait for mod support for that

if consoles can crossplay with pc then it will only add to the player count which is a good thing

i personally really enjoyed the xbox community and would go back to it if they had bannerlord,

the only reason i bought a pc was to play bannerlord

tbh consoles are more fun bc archers are less accurate playing with controller instead of a mouse

i hope they add battle more or that "one life mode" they keep talking about or the game's multiplayer will be just as dead as pc

i dream they add the gold system back but i know we have to wait for mod support for that
I think crossplay is not possible, because players on PC will have really big advantage in controls and movement. And unfortunately, mods are not possible on consoles, so still the only way to play M&B is PC (imo)

true,

never seen M&B on the PS store. Nor would I even consider this type of game for PlayStation / console - total NON console type game. You literally, cannot pick up and play this game for 30 minutes (u would have no time to do anything, literally buying/selling is prob sooooooOOoOOO laborious on console (it already is on PC...)

anyways.

TW will do whatever makes their bank happy (not the playerbase).

They'll see their bank wont be happy with the next game. Thats the only way they will learn.
I dont think they would have tons of money from console players, because M&B is unknown on consoles and playerbase is too small. They havent any commercials of their game (Console launch trailer wont change a situation). That is a point of my thread: it is worthless to work on that.
P.S. Maybe the only way to release BL on consoles is xbox gamepass, where people already have WB.

I think crossplay is not possible, because players on PC will have really big advantage in controls and movement. And unfortunately, mods are not possible on consoles, so still the only way to play M&B is PC (imo)
you can use mouse and keyboard on an xbox and ps4 i think?
if people care about that, but if crossover was possible who cares, i personally am starving for a large scale battle server

the inability to mod is a definite hit, but if they fix bannerlord or add napoleon i wouldn't really mind

i want melee without shields and napoleon does that,

hopefully they wise up in bannerlord and add back gold system or seriously overhaul the class system(make it editable maybe?)

Not on ps4 for warband, I forget what the deal was but I wasn't the first to really want too but it doesn't work. No idea about xbox.
i assume bannerlord is for the ps5 and the new xbox;

if the ps5 doesnt allow keyboard and mouse i would be surprised
Imagine playing M&B with a controller vs someone with a mouse & keyboard lmfao I thought torture was illegal

if crossover is possible imagine the hordes of console players falling to your sword

pc vets will be legends

btw i played on controller it really wasnt bad, but im sure if i got stacked to pc players i wouldnt think that

i assume bannerlord is for the ps5 and the new xbox;

if the ps5 doesnt allow keyboard and mouse i would be surprised

if crossover is possible imagine the hordes of console players falling to your sword

pc vets will be legends

btw i played on controller it really wasnt bad, but im sure if i got stacked to pc players i wouldnt think that
I think PS5 allows keyboard only in certain games

Back
Top Bottom