Resolved Bannerlord launching problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary:
Hello, so I recently had to reinstall my Windows and I wanted to play the game. I have Bannerlord on Steam when I click play it opens up the launcher and after I click play game doesn't show up. Steam says it's running but even the task manager doesn't show the game. I've tried switching from Beta 1.6.0 to 1.5.9, restarted the computer 2 times, verified the integrity of game files twice, reinstalled the game, uninstalled all mods I had (which was only Bannerlord Online), turning off antivirus, and firewall but nothing helped it still does the same (I also tried to launch multiplayer but it's the same response). After I click play in the launcher, the launcher vanishes, Steam says the game is running but the game is nowhere. No window, no crash, no process in task manager, nothing. Please help.
Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050ti
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6677
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: B350 Gaming Plus (MS-7A34)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

What happens if you launch the game directly from \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\bannerlord.exe ?
The same result with one difference - now there is something in Task manager saying it's running in the background but still the game doesn't show up.

The same result with one difference - now there is something in Task manager saying it's running in the background but still the game doesn't show up.
Installing Missing Necessary Dependencies
These dependencies are installed through Steam with the first time installation. But we have seen reports confirm that there are some players that these dependencies were missing even though they launch the game from Steam.To installing missing necessary dependencies try downloading and running the following executables:

Installing Missing Necessary Dependencies
These dependencies are installed through Steam with the first time installation. But we have seen reports confirm that there are some players that these dependencies were missing even though they launch the game from Steam.To installing missing necessary dependencies try downloading and running the following executables:
After installing these, the game still doesn't show up, and also now it turns off by itself after 3 - 5 seconds

Have you checked this list before?

‘Launcher not Launching’ / Game is not launching Workarounds​

If you experiencing any issues with the launcher, you can try the workarounds below to fix it:
  • The first thing to do when experiencing any issue with the game is verifying the game files. After an update, there is always a chance of some of the game files being corrupted or missing. Doing this will verify that the game files are installed correctly. You can also check our guide regarding this here.
  • Deleting the configs folder of the game located in the Documents folder. Please keep in mind that this will also delete your saved options of the game. Don’t forget to back up the files if you don’t want to lose them. (C:\Users\user.name\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs)
  • If you have installed a mod called Fixed Launcher in the past, you need to make sure that you have deleted its files. These files can block the launcher from launching. The files of the aforementioned mod.
  • Check your Windows Defender settings for Ransomware Protection. You should add Bannerlord to the list under the Controlled Folder Access. To do that:
  • - Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    - Click on Virus & threat protection.
    - Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
    - Under "Controlled folder access," click the Allow an app through the Controlled folder access link.
    - Click the Add an allowed app button to add Bannerlord.
  • If none of the workarounds above helped you, you can try to launch the game via the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe and TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Multiplayer.exe files located in the folder below:
    ...:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client
  • Check your OneDrive folder contents. Even if it is disabled we have seen users post that their files have been changed with the previous OneDrive synced files. You should try deleting your OneDrive files. More info about that can be found here.

I have checked a similar one, but I tried some of the solutions that weren't on the other one. Still game doesn't launch up even after reinstalling it for second time. Edit: Ok so after reinstalling it again I tried to repair .net Core, .net FrameWork and seemed to do the work.So hopefully it will work now, thank you for the help.

Last edited:
Hey so ive followed everything you guys have said to do but again the game is not loading after i hit play on the launcher even though steam says im playing it, is there a way i can share my scren with you guys through discord? if so please add me at ピカチュウ#3813

Can you try a clean install?
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom