Executions (with poll)

Should the AI be allowed to execute non-player heroes?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

So throughout my numerous playtime, I've never found the execution mechanic helpful.

-1000 to your honor followed by massive relation penalties with nearly all Clans.
The price is extremely steep for removing 1 Lord from the game outside of a battle, which has no penalties incurred.

Just some ideas on revamping the execution mechanic

1) Take Lord's Traits into equation

If the lord is a dishonorable, devious, or otherwise contemptable individual; then executing should reward honor (I.E 200). The relation decrease with their clan should remain the same, but relations should increase with Clan Leaders who view the act as justice.

If the lord is honorable, trustworthy, or has no negative traits; then executing should decrease honor. You killed an otherwise good person and people would view your actions as dishonorable and barbaric.

2) Executing Mercenaries should not reduce honor

They are hired swords who fight for the highest bidder, why is killing them reducing my honor? While I should take a relations drop with that Company and all others,
losing honor makes no sense.

3) Crimes fit the punishment

If the lord executed has committed various acts of violence against your kingdom while the war is ongoing (raiding, sacking settlements, attacking peasants, attacking caravans), you should be able to execute a justified execution against them regardless of their personality if they committed a large amount of these actions.

While you would take relation drops with that Clan and their allies, the vassals of your realm would approve of this action.

4) Relation increases and decreases

-Executing a Clan member unjustly: - 100
-Executing a Clan member but its justified: -50
-Executing a Friendly Clan Member: - 30
-Executing a Kingdom Clan Member (Not stacking with friendly): - 10
-Executing a Rival Clan Member: +20
-Committing a justified or honorable execution: +10
-Committing an unjustified or dishonorable execution: -20

I like the idea of having AI lords executing other AI lords. It would mean you have to care about your vassals more in your own kingdom because they could be executed by other lords. I also feel as though the penalty for executing is too harsh. Each person has friends and enemies so maybe they could work it so that If the Lord you execute has enemies your relations with those lords should increase as you got rid of someone they view as competition and or bad, as well as their friends losing relations with yourself for killing their boy.

I like these suggestions. You should only take a relationship hit at the Clan level for the members of that clan and maybe -5 for clans friendly to them in the same kingdom.

So throughout my numerous playtime, I've never found the execution mechanic helpful.

-1000 to your honor followed by massive relation penalties with nearly all Clans.
The price is extremely steep for removing 1 Lord from the game outside of a battle, which has no penalties incurred.

If the lord is a dishonorable, devious, or otherwise contemptable individual; then executing should reward honor (I.E 200). The relation decrease with their clan should remain the same, but relations should increase with Clan Leaders who view the act as justice.

If the lord is honorable, trustworthy, or has no negative traits; then executing should decrease honor. You killed an otherwise good person and people would view your actions as dishonorable and barbaric.

They are hired swords who fight for the highest bidder, why is killing them reducing my honor? While I should take a relations drop with that Company and all others,

If the lord executed has committed various acts of violence against your kingdom while the war is ongoing (raiding, sacking settlements, attacking peasants, attacking caravans), you should be able to execute a justified execution against them regardless of their personality if they committed a large amount of these actions.

While you would take relation drops with that Clan and their allies, the vassals of your realm would approve of this action.

This is exactly what I've been saying too. It's so logical I don't understand how it hasn't been implemented already.

Yes this is more logical. At the moment I never use the execution mechanic because the heavy downsides. It is mechanic that most people don't use (assuming here) because the game forces you to farm relationships. A mechanic that is not used should require a rethink. The proposed solution sounds very reasonable.

besides having an honor score, a dread score (or just a big negative honor score) because of executions could also have some positive effects on the campaign. Like enemy lords trying to get away while leaving some troops to block you, or a higher surrender chance for parties and settlements.

High honor and high relationships are useful for keeping the realm together.
To make an "evil" PT more viable a high dread score should make nobles more afraid to defect.

I've heard at some historical show, that in medieval times, mercenaries were always executed if taken as prisoners. The reason was that the ones, who were not mercenaries - they were doing their duty and served their Lord, while mercs came usually to kill, rob and pillage only for money.

The current consequences are based on the following

• Is the executed noble dishonorable?
    • Reduced penalties, no honor loss
  • Penalty with the clan members of executed noble
  • Penalty with the kingdom members of executed noble
  • Penalty with friends of the executed noble

The current consequences are based on the following

• Is the executed noble dishonorable?
    • Reduced penalties, no honor loss
  • Penalty with the clan members of executed noble
  • Penalty with the kingdom members of executed noble
  • Penalty with friends of the executed noble
Thank you for replying, it is very much appreciated. Are there any plans to include AI on AI and AI on Player executions?

Thank you for replying, it is very much appreciated. Are there any plans to include AI on AI and AI on Player executions?
First would've been very nice to enable AI vs AI death in battle. The fact that lords die only when you take part in a battle breaks the balance, since, nobles of your kingdom may die (especially during sieges) and your kingdom will lose strength, while enemy nobles are immortal and grow up in numbers and strength.

@Duh_TaleWorlds I asked you a few times, but for some reason, my question was left unanswered - is that true that we may see enabled AI vs AI death very soon, like, in 1.6.1 or 1.6.2? If that's not a secret info, ofc.

First would've been very nice to enable AI vs AI death in battle. The fact that lords die only when you take part in a battle breaks the balance, since, nobles of your kingdom may die (especially during sieges) and your kingdom will lose strength, while enemy nobles are immortal and grow up in numbers and strength.

@Duh_TaleWorlds I asked you a few times, but for some reason, my question was left unanswered - is that true that we may see enabled AI vs AI death very soon, like, in 1.6.1 or 1.6.2? If that's not a secret info, ofc.
Yes i do agree on that. I hope they include it soon

It is not part of our current priorities. However, we are looking into introducing AI vs AI hero battle death.

I must have missed them sorry, but I shared this before.
There is an open ticket for it. I suspect it will be part of either 1.6.1 or 1.6.2. Of course, the only true and reliable answer is SoonTM.

It is not part of our current priorities. However, we are looking into introducing AI vs AI hero battle death.

I must have missed them sorry, but I shared this before.
What's A.I vs A.I death?
Is it like death in battle or what?

I thoughy it was introduced a long time ago.

He means death in battle, yes! The same way heroes die in live battles (that the player is part of). AI vs AI deaths are not enabled yet.

Back
Top Bottom