(With Dev Replies) Development Now Feels Slower than Ever ... Do I Detect Another Code Refactor?

Users who are viewing this thread

@Duh_TaleWorlds What are the future plans for the minor factions?
giphy.gif

Yeah...tell us more about it Duh... or maybe @Gaerlim would like to share more information about it given that he handles the SP section globally :iamamoron: ?

@Duh_TaleWorlds What are the future plans for the minor factions?

I don't know if you have missed it gents but in the beta patch thread mexxico hinted on the following. I took it to mean that you will be able to also integrate(?) minor clans.

Another option is hiring minor clans and another option will be added later and player will be able to create new clans from his companions (of course limited to time / player clan tier / etc).

We need a better answer...

1- Will there be more minor factions?
(There is a Battanian minor faction pending in the game with a unit roster already inserted).

2- Will the minor factions have their refuges again?
(For what reason was this removed? MANY gameplay opportunities are being missed.)

3- Will there be new mechanics?
All minor factions should have a maximum of 7 units (half a major faction).

Mercenary minor factions should:
- Sell units from their roster permanently. (More expensive)
- Sell units from their roster in a temporary contract. (Less expensive)
- Being hired just to attack a specific target in a temporary contract. (Less expensive than entering in a total war)
- Reset the relationship with the factions after the end of the war or the end of temporary contract.
- Have a main territory; refuge. (Where your troops can train, for a price)
- To be able to choose one, and only one, to join and create your own kingdom with their units.

Bandit minor factions should:
- Be able to negotiate a truce when the leader is captured.
- Be more aggressive and capable of attacking villages, castles and cities.
- Have a main territory; hideout. (Which is rebuilt if you attack and have not eliminated the lords).
- To be able to choose one, and only one, to join and create your own kingdom with their units. (Like a rebel army)**

**And that's how I improved the Wolfskins, because I see them more as a rebellious faction of Battania, who preserve the old ways and characterize themselves as "ancient celts". A much better background:

Wolf01.png

Wolf02.png

(There is a Battanian minor faction pending in the game with a unit roster already inserted).

(For what reason was this removed? MANY gameplay opportunities are being missed.)

- Being hired just to attack a specific target in a temporary contract. (Less expensive than entering in a total war)
- Reset the relationship with the factions after the end of the war or the end of temporary contract.
- To be able to choose one, and only one, to join and create your own kingdom with their units.

- Have a main territory; hideout. (Which is rebuilt if you attack and have not eliminated the lords).
- To be able to choose one, and only one, to join and create your own kingdom with their units. (Like a rebel army)**

**And that's how I improved the Wolfskins, because I see them more as a rebellious faction of Battania, who preserve the old ways and characterize themselves as "ancient celts". A much better background:

Wolf01.png

Wolf02.png
+1

Wolf01.png

Wolf02.png
Absolutely. Minor factions were hyped up to add a lot to the game and I was excited about the concept, but they have absolutely nothing to them. Such a big missed opportunity. They're incredibly pointless yet we were told otherwise in the old dev blogs. They even implied in those blogs that we could join them. Like, wtf happened?

One of the things I most want in the game...
@ShakenSpeare & @Ulfhedinn The coincidence :lol: ... this was my #2 thread when I was still a newcomer back in 2018.

giphy.gif

I'm smiling for not crying when I see the poll....
#somanymissedopportunities
It's okay to shed tears, noble ones. I was so looking forward to that feature too, I wanted to join the Legion of the Betrayed or the Skolderbrotva. Why must they torment us like this?

Back
Top Bottom