So... How is Taleworlds getting away with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

LOL you obviously haven't been following the recent conversation in the forums.

We've been waiting over a year and siege AI + armor still hasn't been fixed. The running joke is that all we've got is sheep textures and a barber and that's about it.

It's not that the game hasn't progressed enough. It's that it hasn't progressed and there's no evidence that it will progress much further. Devs have been actively telling us that many of the features most players want are not even in their minds. Glaring issues present from EA Release haven't even been discussed by devs.
This is the nature of early access development, maybe this is not a priority on their list for now. You sound overwhelming negative in almost every post you make, maybe you should just wait until the game is fully released before reaching an unsubstantiated conclusion.

Last edited:
This is the nature of early access development, maybe this is not a priority on their list for now. You sound overwhelming negative in almost every post you make, maybe you should just wait until the game is released before reaching an unsubstantiated conclusion.
While I understand your point you have to understand that many of us here have been on these forums for years and patience with TW has is either worn thin or just gone. We've sat and waited for years while the game is in development and 15 months in ea and a lot of features that would've added depth to the game have been scrapped because "it wasn't fun for players" or "too complex". To add to the frustration the amount of content added during ea has been underwhelming to say the least. There have been so many great suggestions with detailed explanations, videos etc presented to them and it's either ignored or they're told "doesn't fit our vision" or "too complex". Bugs that seemly have been gone are reintroduced in almost every patch. To top it off TW is they're own worst enemy a lot of the negativity could've been removed if TW would just talk to the community. But as a company they love their radio silence, sure some devs will interact with the community and by and large those discussions are usually good but as a company they'd rather just say nothing. It's a perfect storm for pissing people off so when you accuse people of being overwhelmingly negative or to have patience you really should understand where they're coming from first.

The game is released though.
No it's early access, the game isn't fully released yet.

While I understand your point you have to understand that many of us here have been on these forums for years and patience with TW has is either worn thin or just gone. We've sat and waited for years while the game is in development and 15 months in ea and a lot of features that would've added depth to the game have been scrapped because "it wasn't fun for players" or "too complex". To add to the frustration the amount of content added during ea has been underwhelming to say the least. There have been so many great suggestions with detailed explanations, videos etc presented to them and it's either ignored or they're told "doesn't fit our vision" or "too complex". Bugs that seemly have been gone are reintroduced in almost every patch. To top it off TW is they're own worst enemy a lot of the negativity could've been removed if TW would just talk to the community. But as a company they love their radio silence, sure some devs will interact with the community and by and large those discussions are usually good but as a company they'd rather just say nothing. It's a perfect storm for pissing people off so when you accuse people of being overwhelmingly negative or to have patience you really should understand where they're coming from first.
I perfectly understand the situation. I've been here since 2014. I just choose not to post because most of forums are just a cesspool of toxicity. I understand why the developer would choose not to engage with the community unless they feel it's really necessary in their development process. The vocal minority isn't always indicative of good design decisions, so while some of you might be disappointed with their direction others may feel the opposite.​

Last edited:
Then you should full well understand that sitting and waiting patiently isn't going to work with TW, maybe getting pissed at them won't do anything either but for many they have no other options.
You see that's the problem with some people on the forum. It was the same deal during the old days of Warband on the previous forum board. People get overly attached to the game and think they have a say in the development process of their favourite product. I understand some people are passionate about helping, but sometimes the developers just simply don't share your vision. That's something you should try to understand.​

You see that's the problem with some people on the forum. It was the same deal during the old days of Warband on the previous forum board. People get overly attached to the game and think they have a say in the development process of their favourite product. Maybe they developers just simply don't share your vision. That's something you should try to understand.
The devs can and probably don't share or even like a lot of the suggestions but when TW takes the time to post and do dev blogs about features during development that add depth and then abandon them that's kind of shooting themselves in the foot, or when things like dumming down the ai because "reasons" it doesn't go over to well.
People have their own agendas and some stuff either doesn't fit the game or would be too hard to do I'm fine with that but when someone like @Terco_Viejo has made dozens of posts that add to game play by fixing mechanics, not adding features, and those posts are just ignored by TW that's pretty stupid. TW doesn't have to change a thing but what they should be doing is explaining things to the community and their track history, as you know, is piss poor and I believe that's where a lot of the frustration comes from.

The devs can and probably don't share or even like a lot of the suggestions but when TW takes the time to post and do dev blogs about features during development that add depth and then abandon them that's kind of shooting themselves in the foot, or when things like dumming down the ai because "reasons" it doesn't go over to well.
People have their own agendas and some stuff either doesn't fit the game or would be too hard to do I'm fine with that but when someone like @Terco_Viejo has made dozens of posts that add to game play by fixing mechanics, not adding features, and those posts are just ignored by TW that's pretty stupid. TW doesn't have to change a thing but what they should be doing is explaining things to the community and their track history, as you know, is piss poor and I believe that's where a lot of the frustration comes from.
I think they engage pretty well on a daily basis with the community. It's fairly typical during early access to remove content or make changes. That doesn't mean they won't address those issues again later on. A better fletched out roadmap would probably be nice if it was posted directly on the forums, but most people wouldn't pay attention to it since the majority of the players are on steam. The attention spent of gamers is very small unless it's a niche group of players directly engaging on the forums. The players here are the vocal minority and they tend to create an echo chamber if they feel the developers are not engaging enough with them. That doesn't mean it's indicative of a slow development progress, they could just be busy working on the actual game.​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom