Is this what a siege should look like to you Taleworlds ?

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a siege according to Taleworlds ? What a big joke, 75% of the players are playing Cavalry, it is literally goofy, unplayable and the furthest thing from a siege i can imagine. These new maps were supposed to be anti cav, yet this one is the most cavalry oriented of them all. Please, point me where in this screenshot is there anything remotely anti cavalry ? Is there any ETA on this piece of garbage noob class ****ing off from siege ?

This map is such complete garbage, the only pathing in the map where it isnt filled with cavalry is the one im circling in this picture. Basicly 10% of the map is a siege, the rest is a ****ing joust.

If Taleworld is so keen on cooming to Cavalry battle, why dont they just create a god damn Joust mode once and for all and remove cavalry from siege entirely.

Last edited:
If you ask most people in warband, they would say no they don't play cavalry during a siege. And the gameplay would still be completely fine.
Ask the same in bannerlord, and you would be left with factions like khuzait that are barebones.

But of course, this is not the only problem as you mentioned, this is a taleworlds issue. Warband never had an issue with maps because there was something i like to call "survival of the fittest map" where maps that were terribly unbalanced would either be never played, or forced to be updated to be made fun to play on or just playable.

Community filtering is the best way to approach maps, and the only way for siege to become the best it will ever be, is when custom servers and the community apply this "evolution of the strongest" to the maps and kill out all the terrible maps. I for sure can tell the TW base maps on maybe the exception of a few with modifications will not survive, just as it was in warband.

+1 to OP

Edit :
And whats the eta on making stairs impassable for horses? Maybe it's an intented mechanic for some stairs climbing alien in the new game that by accident ended up in BL..

Last edited:
If you ask most people in warband, they would say no they don't play cavalry during a siege. And the gameplay would still be completely fine.
Ask the same in bannerlord, and you would be left with factions like khuzait that are barebones.

But of course, this is not the only problem as you mentioned, this is a taleworlds issue. Warband never had an issue with maps because there was something i like to call "survival of the fittest map" where maps that were terribly unbalanced would either be never played, or forced to be updated to be made fun to play on or just playable.

Community filtering is the best way to approach maps, and the only way for siege to become the best it will ever be, is when custom servers and the community apply this "evolution of the strongest" to the maps and kill out all the terrible maps. I for sure can tell the TW base maps on maybe the exception of a few with modifications will not survive, just as it was in warband.
i dont think khuzait would even be that bad in seige without horses if they made a inf class have a speed of 83:

speed is very important in combat and for khuzait's to have their highest speed be 81 is bad.

speed should be based on the equipment you carry there is no reason for rabble, who have no armor or heavy equipment to have a slow speed of 81

compared to battania's savage class who have speed 84, a speed of 81 is crippling to play with,
and they both have next to no armor, in fact battania has a huge sword so the rabble should be quicker with their little sword/ or mace

bannerlord needs to go back to warband's weight system where your speed is only dependent(excluding class base stats which i disagree with) on how fast you go

to randomize your speed based on what taleworlds feels a faction's speed should be is silly and cripples factions infantry possibilities

what reason is there for khuzait rabble to have a speed of 81 when they have no armor or heavy weapons?

i think the logical weight to run speed formulas of warband should replace the randomness of bannerlords speed logistics

Siege should be a safe space for inf players that are sick of permanently getting backstabbed and run over by cav without counterplay.

yes please. Siege was actually so enjoyable when there was friendly fire. A way to balance cav would also be if they could run their own allies over.
This has been brought up alot in the past, and I'll ask the same thing I asked then. How will that balance cavalry? Why would they care if they run down their allies. It doesnt effect them what so ever, in fact it gives them a chance to troll people, and make people not want to play infantry. I sure as hell wouldnt play infantry anymore with that change.
The best way to balance cav is to have them get reared by teammates.

Siege has more cavalry than TDM does, its pretty frustrating

Charlini once said...this.
·I would limit ranged classes for defenders(50% or less) and limit cav and ranged for attackers(30% and 30% to ensure that more infantries are played attacking). This worked the other way around in Warband, servers didn't offer class limits and it was modded out servers those which added this preference in many cases, and it was way better. So perhaps Taleworlds can limit the classes and give us the options to unlimit or tweak as we feel.

i dont think khuzait would even be that bad in seige without horses if they made a inf class have a speed of 83:

speed is very important in combat and for khuzait's to have their highest speed be 81 is bad.

speed should be based on the equipment you carry there is no reason for rabble, who have no armor or heavy equipment to have a slow speed of 81

compared to battania's savage class who have speed 84, a speed of 81 is crippling to play with,
and they both have next to no armor, in fact battania has a huge sword so the rabble should be quicker with their little sword/ or mace

bannerlord needs to go back to warband's weight system where your speed is only dependent(excluding class base stats which i disagree with) on how fast you go

to randomize your speed based on what taleworlds feels a faction's speed should be is silly and cripples factions infantry possibilities

what reason is there for khuzait rabble to have a speed of 81 when they have no armor or heavy weapons?

i think the logical weight to run speed formulas of warband should replace the randomness of bannerlords speed logistics

Khuzait wouldnt be weak without horses for the simple fact that Spear inf and Khan's guard are 2 amazing units.

This has been brought up alot in the past, and I'll ask the same thing I asked then. How will that balance cavalry? Why would they care if they run down their allies. It doesnt effect them what so ever, in fact it gives them a chance to troll people, and make people not want to play infantry. I sure as hell wouldnt play infantry anymore with that change.
The best way to balance cav is to have them get reared by teammates.

Siege has more cavalry than TDM does, its pretty frustrating
Well, I figured that by enabling friendly fire damage by running allies over the cavalry would suffer most of that damage (since it's the reflecting friendly fire, and that would also stagger them). It's fairly easy for cavs to avoid running people over, but it would stop them from mindlessly charging into groups of people (allies and enemies) with no consequences. You can also have it so that the "allies they run over" don't get knocked down at all/or have a very short staggered effect (being only a mild annoyance), and the cav also gets a staggering effect. I'm fine with anything at this point because I agree that cav in sieges can be quite frustrating to deal with.

Yeah I have to say the new maps are very cav friendly, there's also quite a lot of distance to cover which incentivises cav. I very rarely find myself fighting for control of defences in siege which would seem like the point.

It's a shame they never reinstated friendly fire after the crashing it caused as melee isn't very enjoyable when spamming 2h off allies' backs is how most people play.

When lots of players are fighting the way you can easily slip by (almost through) others becomes more obvious and the further back swings often catch people - I really think the game could benefit from a slightly increased capsule around players, and shortened attack animations.

Lastly, it's really apparent in these game modes how big the movement speed discrepancy is between classes vs the 2h classes, which most casual and new players learn to abuse pretty quickly, making a lot of fights about chasing down someone who is spinning around and jumping while spamming their 2h weapon. Can't imagine this is the envisioned melee game the devs want.

[...]Its the only way to make TW realize the swing arcs are ****
Well... it's been preaching in the wilderness all this time... just tell that to OGL :roll:.

[...]

When lots of players are fighting the way you can easily slip by (almost through) others becomes more obvious and the further back swings often catch people - I really think the game could benefit from a slightly increased capsule around players, and shortened attack animations.
[...]
You know what I think about swing arcs; we're in the same boat. As for the capsules; I totally agree.

Currently the humanoid capsules in monsters.xml is set to 0.37; this in MP is not enough in my eyes. I would try to find a point between 0.41 and 0.50 where there could be no problems with the props in the scene.

Also, I consider that the humanoid_collision_resistance values for both the minimum and the multiplier in native_parameters are too low in native... I mean... the own capsule should be practically unable to push/displace the enemy, imho.

This, plus a major overhaul of swing arcs and the bringing back of team reflective damage would be the starting point for a lot of players to stop playing " wildly "... especially users addicted to menavlion or other two-handed polearm...

Back
Top Bottom