Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

(snip)

Another option is hiring minor clans and another option will be added later and player will be able to create new clans from his companions (of course limited to time / player clan tier / etc).

(snip)
This is 100% HUGE news. The fact that this will be lost on 99% of forum visitors (not to mention the player base) because it is buried in the 23rd page of a patch thread is why we say TW sucks at communication!!!!!

EDIT: I don't want to discount the serious uptick in dev responses lately. That is much appreciated.My criticism was more directed at dedicated official communication.

Another option is hiring minor clans and another option will be added later and player will be able to create new clans from his companions (of course limited to time / player clan tier / etc).
OH! One thing I forgot to mention:

It would be extremely nice for minor clan hirings to auto-renew or at least provide that option. IDR exactly how the calculation works, but maybe with a renegotiated rate?

It was a big annoyance in late-game play when minor clans would lapse right in the middle of a campaign and leave my army short-staffed right before a big siege or big army-vs-army battle.

What was worse was when the enemy or somebody else would hire them immediately afterwards. This meant that I still had problems retaining mercs even with the Diplomacy Fixes messenger system.

This was doubly a thing when I'd given minor clans fiefs in the hope that they'd be stronger and more reliable - those fiefs would go neutral when the contract ended. I think there's a lot of flavor in being able to partly staff your kingdom with minors so you have a power base whose loyalty is secured by money and land rather than faction voting rights etc.

Having high relation in Warband meant you had an ally who would might leave their faction to join you and would agree to help you with big fights and would be loyal to your cause. I don't know what it means in Bannerlord? Just cheaper influence costs? It's a weak and one-dimensional mechanic.

YES! One of the only reasons I kept playing was because Diplomacy Fixes messenger system made life so much easier in this way. I'd have given up on the game entirely if convincing a clan to join me meant that I had to chase each clan leader down individually when they're not in an army and pay millions etc etc etc

Having the clans send messengers to you would be so much better. Especially if - for instance - you're besieging their fief and they want to offer you money to go away OR offer to join your faction so they keep the fief.
Having messengers appearing or sending them, would be a good way to decrease the frustration of recruiting clans. I thought a messenger system would be discussed internally?
making companions into clans is a welcome change.
It would be good if there would be a minister or spymaster you could interact with who can find out which nobles are disgruntled and have a high change of recruiting. Don't use the almighty encyclopedia, or use the minister/spymaster to slowly fill the encyclopedia after missions.

I think character traits should be taken into account. A cautious noble would not want to change factions, but an opportunistic one who sees that you are winning might be easier to convince. A lower tier clan might also look at your faction as a way to rise quicker compared to their current faction.

It should be an option to recruit a clan with their holdings when you are at peace with their parent faction. This will of course start a war, but lower the recruitment cost.
it makes sense that a clan with a few holdings wont want to give them up to join an upstart kingdom, But if they can take their holdings with them they might be considering this if they have low relations with their current ruler.

The balancing of relationship with your underlings when giving out fiefs was an interesting aspect of ruling a kingdom. This of course needs other ways of improving relationship when it gets low.

Finally I agree with people that making money the gateway for recruiting is not the best. I don't like the fact that de calculation takes into account your total wealth and uses a percentage of that.
The calculation should solely be based on the needs of the clan that you want to recruit.
Relationship with the clan, marriage, the clans relationship with their current faction leader, renown, similar character traits, faction strength and location of holdings relative to your borders should be the primary considerations for the AI.

I agree that abstracting systems to money and influence hinders the "soul" of the game.

Having messengers appearing or sending them, would be a good way to decrease the frustration of recruiting clans. I thought a messenger system would be discussed internally?
making companions into clans is a welcome change.
It would be good if there would be a minister or spymaster you could interact with who can find out which nobles are disgruntled and have a high change of recruiting. Don't use the almighty encyclopedia, or use the minister/spymaster to slowly fill the encyclopedia after missions.
Yep. Functionality similar to this was already in vanilla WB or VC or Diplomacy/Floris.

I haven't seen any serious plans to implement any of these until now with the mention of messengers. Much of the issues surrounding SP play can currently be sorted out by mods like Diplomacy Fixes and Bannerlord Tweaks, which is why I'm not going to play again until I know that these essential mods are stable and support the current version. It's just too frustrating otherwise.

@Duh_TaleWorlds Honestly the content currently in Diplomacy Fixes is clean enough now that it already feels like it's naturally part of the base game. Is it plausible that your team might be willing to integrate mod content like that into the modules? I'm pretty sure nobody would mind copying and pasting their good work in any of the popular mods if you asked.

I'm sure that you guys have a lot on your plate, but I hope that leaning on the community to supplement development would all-around ease the workload. I'm sure there are no shortage of volunteers who would happily try to test and map out any issues of concern to take playtesting load off of devs working on specific mechanics.

Why do armies retreat more than ever now? I swear I see more troops run like the French than die in battle in this version. Looters will run away after I shoot one in the face with a crossbolt but they out number me. I just don't get it. I have everything set to realistic so maybe that's why?
You said armies but you're describing enemies routing in battle right? The morale system is different (works/exists) now and many bandit parties wander around with low morale and so they break easily and run. It will happen to you too if you let it get say under 40 or so. Even just 1 troops going down can trigger a massive rout.
Enemy lord parties (and armies) will sometimes wander too far chasing enemies or some other problem and run out of food and start to drop morale, so they too will break easily when you fight them.

It probably needs some tweaks but it's not entirely unwanted for the enemy to be punished for low morale or to make food mistakes sometimes.

You said armies but you're describing enemies routing in battle right? The morale system is different (works/exists) now and many bandit parties wander around with low morale and so they break easily and run. It will happen to you too if you let it get say under 40 or so. Even just 1 troops going down can trigger a massive rout.
Enemy lord parties (and armies) will sometimes wander too far chasing enemies or some other problem and run out of food and start to drop morale, so they too will break easily when you fight them.

It probably needs some tweaks but it's not entirely unwanted for the enemy to be punished for low morale or to make food mistakes sometimes.
yup i love that routing based on morale is working now, just need to fix not being able to order your troops after the routing and it'll be great.

I want to keep a cavalry force in reserve and send them charging as soon as the enemy routs to mow them down in pursuit (as was often done historically)

I have a problem with version 1.6.0. The inventory looks bad, I am attaching a picture. It also happens in the city market

Sin-t-tulo.jpg

I wonder what is the possibility of burning 1.5.9 and 1.5.10 to ashes now, relegating them to oblivion due to their poor performance and moving 1.6.0 to the main version (better performance + new additions + MP servers to test Duel Mode).

giphy.gif

How do you get clans to join your kingdom now? I'm not having much luck. I have 100 relation with many leaders too.
As you can see I own several settlements and castles right now. I have many companions too. But I'm the only clan in my kingdom.
QKPt2hb.png

How do you get clans to join your kingdom now? I'm not having much luck. I have 100 relation with many leaders too.
As you can see I own several settlements and castles right now. I have many companions too. But I'm the only clan in my kingdom.
QKPt2hb.png
LOL jump a couple pages back in this thread. Apparently you can't even complete the dialogue unless you have enough money. Try again after saving a few million denars.

LOL jump a couple pages back in this thread. Apparently you can't even complete the dialogue unless you have enough money. Try again after saving a few million denars.
There was a discussion some time back when they reduced spring of gold to a max of 1000 denars at a million, before that you got 1% of your money so 10000 per day for 10 million denars. It was stated by a dev that 1 million was plenty. Seems like that was a bit of a silly statement.

Just a Info. In 1.6.0 your clan members(not companions), can do villages quests and can form a caravan. Tested it in sandbox. Im quite sure that you couldn't do that before this version.

QKPt2hb.png
Yeah as @bonerstorm said there's good info on it in the last couple pages back! I would say for you look for the clan leaders you took those towns and castles from, if they're still fief less just beat them up a and release them for some relations then they should join you for 200K or so. Fief less is the most important part.
I wonder what is the possibility of burning 1.5.9 and 1.5.10 to ashes now, relegating them to oblivion due to their poor performance and moving 1.6.0 to the main version (better performance + new additions + MP servers to test Duel Mode).
That'd be a really great move. Only issue I've had is the grain quest gives no relation, but that's an extremely minor bug. Do it TW!

There was a discussion some time back when they reduced spring of gold to a max of 1000 denars at a million, before that you got 1% of your money so 10000 per day for 10 million denars. It was stated by a dev that 1 million was plenty. Seems like that was a bit of a silly statement.
+10 getting 2-5k a day from it is too much but there are times when you must have 5-10 Million on ya just to get one clan

@Lesbosisles You did not understand my point I dont want it to be removed, I find it useful but in certain situations an thats why I asked it as an ALT option

You have to spend some time and find clans which has no good relationships with their king
Yeah but ah... if i join Vlandia i may notice that Derthert and Ingalter are not on the best terms. They are enemies. However, with time they become best buddies. Relation between lords inside a kingdom is a not-existent thing in the current state of BL.
The same goes for Raganvand and Lek, they are enemies at the start of the game, and best buddies later on. And by "later on" i mean reaching T4 with my clan.

Back
Top Bottom