Suggestion Resource Browser Request for access to shader files

Users who are viewing this thread

La Grandmaster

Sergeant Knight at Arms
At the moment I see no way to edit the shader files or postfx files for mods (or to add new ones). I have located all the files in the resource browser (and windows explorer) but have no way of accessing and editing the code for these - as they are Tpac files, and the resource browser (and the unofficial Tpac tool) do not allow editing of these particular files.

Shaders are a huge way in which modders can make their projects look unique and different from the base game, and were accessible for editing in warband. Given access to these modders can make projects look extremely eye-catching and different from the base game, potentially encouraging and attracting new players.

Modders must be given access to and the ability to edit these files.

I too would like to edit shaders at some point, is it possible we could get some information about whether this will be possible or not?

Edit: It does look like there is a decent amount of shader params you can tweak with the shader inspector, but I don't see a way of modifying the source files as suggested by OP

Last edited:
Hello. We discussed this at one of our modding meetings and want to explore it in the future. Having said that, you should already be able to add new shader files and we intend to work on the documentation for that.

Hello. We discussed this at one of our modding meetings and want to explore it in the future. Having said that, you should already be able to add new shader files and we intend to work on the documentation for that.
I tried to do it ... but i wasnt able to. It almost looked like editor blocked me. I was trying to paste options 1 to 1 as the native shader. But I wasn't able to. I looked like editor forced me to use tesselation for some reason. And outcome when I attached shader to the material also was totally different

Back
Top Bottom