Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Gang Needs Recruits
  • Quest giver: Gang Leader
  • Quest conditions: Relation of the quest giver with the player must be above -10, the quest giver's faction must be at peace with the player's faction, there mustn't be an active quest of the same type.
  • Quick quest summary: The gang leader needs new recruits (bandits).
Conquest of City
  • Quest giver: Faction Leader
  • Quest conditions: Relation of the quest giver with the player must be above -10, quest giver's faction must be at war with at least one faction, quest giver must be a fief owner, player and the quest giver must be in the same faction, there mustn't be an active quest of the same type.
  • Quick quest summary: Your faction leader will ask you to conquer a town/castle within a given time frame.
Noble Revolt
  • Quest giver: A lord that's not a faction leader.
  • Quest conditions: Quest giver must be a fief owner, quest giver's faction must have at least 3 settlements, relation of the quest giver with the player must be above -10, player's party size must be at least 50, there mustn't be a war between the player's and quest giver's clan, there mustn't be an active quest of the same type, the player mustn't be a faction leader, the player must be a member of the quest giver's clan.
  • Quick quest summary: The quest giver will ask you to put a stop to a potential upcoming revolt.
Yep, that's nice, thank you! Would be very nice if this format will be kept for further patchnotes as well.

Just received notification that a courier arrived to ransom one of their lord. That's cool, it helps immersion
It would also be nice to either accept the ransom or deny the ransom to try to haggle for a higher sum or run the risk that the lord can do a successful prison break.

It would also be nice to either accept the ransom or deny the ransom to try to haggle for a higher sum or run the risk that the lord can do a successful prison break.
You have the option to refuse already. If their clan wealth goes up in that time, so will the payout.

I see that video :

@Dejan sent me this video. Here money Archon (which have 2 fiefs) wants from you to change sides reduces when you go into war with his kingdom. Because in case you are not in war with his kingdom he have to leave his fiefs to his old kingdom while joining your kingdom however if you are in war he takes his fiefs to your kingdom (so these fiefs left at Archon's clan) so if there is no war he does not want to change sides because it will cost him losing fiefs (cost player need to pay to Archon become too high and thats why he directly rejects before persuasion) Also know that even he takes his old fiefs when you are in war with Southern Empire location of his fiefs also matters. If they are located inside Southern Empire (surrounded by other Southern Empire fiefs) he will want more money while changing sides because it will be hard for him to defend these fiefs aganist Southern Empire after he joins your kingdom.

.....................Also we are changing dialog opponent says while rejecting your offer it was not clear enough why he rejects.

You can wonder why Archon wants about 2M (estimated, we do not see exact amount) even your relation is 98, each castle's value is about 300-500K and leaving 2 of them will cost him 1M also you are a weak kingdom you want from him to leave his strong faction (with 7 towns & 9 castles & 5600 strength) and join your weak kingdom which have only 1 castle and 700 strength and maybe his relation is also good with his king.

Those infos are marvelous Mex. Here, the player can enjoy both immersiveness and act of realpolitik thinking.

However, the problem is.. Only you @mexxico, -and other respectful devs / personnel are know those infos & in-game logic know-how. (I mean, that detailed and that broad.)

We should also see this data. Both UI wise (@MRay) and also text wise. (@SadShogun, @Duh_TaleWorlds, and other related studio representives)

"Because when we cannot see this, we starting to think ~OmG tHiS gAmE iS sOo DumMb !! etc. etc. ~ in certain in-game moments"

I know Mexxico said "you will hopefully see more info in some conditions" but i'm asking more broader data projection.

Can you guys make this (more persuasion data projection for player) possible for BL ? @Dejan, even upping this in a decision meeting will be apreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Those infos are marvelous Mex. Here, the player can enjoy both immersiveness and act of realpolitik thinking.

However, the problem is.. Only you @mexxico, -and other respectful devs / personnel are know those infos & in-game logic know-how.

We should also see this data. Both UI wise (@MRay) and also text wise. (@SadShogun, Duh_TaleWorlds, and other related studio representives)

"Because when we cannot see this, we starting to think ~OmG tHiS gAmE iS sOo DumMb !! etc. etc. ~ in certain in-game moments"

I know Mexxico said "you will hopefully see more info in some conditions" but i'm asking more broader data projection.

Can you guys make this (more persuasion data projection for player) possible for BL ? @Dejan, even upping this in a decision meeting will be apreciated.

Thanks.
Meta information is typically displayed in a tooltip on greyed out options. However, I think the general preference is only to use that if the information is difficult to convey in a regular dialogue response without breaking the 4th wall. This particular case can probably be resolved by improving the dialogue.

Meta information is typically displayed in a tooltip on greyed out options. However, I think the general preference is only to use that if the information is difficult to convey in a regular dialogue response without breaking the 4th wall. This particular case can probably be resolved by improving the dialogue.

Understood. Thanks in advance for your attention Duh.

Meta information is typically displayed in a tooltip on greyed out options. However, I think the general preference is only to use that if the information is difficult to convey in a regular dialogue response without breaking the 4th wall.
I agree wholeheartedly in the general case. But sometimes AI decision-making like this is hard to communicate with dialog, right? There are many different factors, values can change quickly, their relative importance is a degree of nuance that's hard to communicate; and then someone has to actually write dialog that's simultaneously clear, in character, and succinct, which isn't easy either. It's a lot of different information to convey, and the scale matters as much as the direction. Like, the game mechanic (in this case, lords lose fiefs during peacetime defection, but not during wartime defection) is a perfect fit for explanation via dialog, but players are going to be confused by seemingly (to the player) random inconsistent prices so long as the core factors are invisible.

I don't know if this is something that would come to native (might be more in the realm of a mod), but this sort of AI decision might be best expressed via a "reasons for/against" box/tooltip that just shows the factors and their weights plainly? A string that just apends details might work (eg text = "I would lose my holdings.", if (factors) then text += " And my land is deep within what would become enemy territory.") but that, too, seems beyond the current intended scope of the trade system.

Is there any reason not to stop the raid of a village just before the final tick? You get no relationship penalty until the last tick, and then you get all relation penalties for raiding the village. I would imagine the relationship penalty would make more sense to be divided in smaller portions throughout the raiding process instead.

Or maybe give a bigger roguery experience boost for successfully finishing raiding a village?

Last edited:
I'm wondering what's going on regarding path finding. Is anyone even working anything related to it? I sincerely hope Taleworlds isn't waiting till processing power is affordable to everyone to run our machine learning algorithms..

Sieges fixes should be a top priority it's part of every single of your trailer videos.

Gang Needs Recruits
  • Quest giver: Gang Leader
  • Quest conditions: Relation of the quest giver with the player must be above -10, the quest giver's faction must be at peace with the player's faction, there mustn't be an active quest of the same type.
  • Quick quest summary: The gang leader needs new recruits (bandits).
Conquest of City
  • Quest giver: Faction Leader
  • Quest conditions: Relation of the quest giver with the player must be above -10, quest giver's faction must be at war with at least one faction, quest giver must be a fief owner, player and the quest giver must be in the same faction, there mustn't be an active quest of the same type.
  • Quick quest summary: Your faction leader will ask you to conquer a town/castle within a given time frame.
Noble Revolt
  • Quest giver: A lord that's not a faction leader.
  • Quest conditions: Quest giver must be a fief owner, quest giver's faction must have at least 3 settlements, relation of the quest giver with the player must be above -10, player's party size must be at least 50, there mustn't be an active quest of the same type, the player mustn't be a faction leader, the player must be a member of the quest giver's faction.
  • Quick quest summary: The quest giver will ask you to put a stop to a potential upcoming revolt.
I didn't go into details intentionally about how the quests play out, go and try them out :razz:. But you now know the requirements for them to appear.
Thank you, this is quite helpful.

Back
Top Bottom