Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

That's only one side of this, yes... But if we want to test quests properly, we need to know more info about how to obtain them in the first place.
I think this is a good point, we're beta testers after all. Can't hurt to make it easier for those who want to provide feedback to rush to the new content without having to search for it.

This is a step in the right direction for sure! Though if you guys are open to feedback on these, here are some things to consider-

How about some combat bonus?

For example, Battania gets a bonus to combat skills during forest battles? This would apply to both regular and simulated battles. This would be a nice bonus that under the right situation makes them a formidable enemy. Like the Battle of Pendraic and would be a way to simulate and promote an ambush style of game play.

Other examples could be Sturgia could get a bonus to melee skills while in shieldwall formation, Empire could have a bonus to morale, and Vlandia could get a bonus to mounted charge damage.
Yes ? I support any change to make fighting different cultures a different experience that require you to rethink your strategy and troop composition. This alone would go a long way to make the wars feel noticeable different

Glad they improved the cultural traits but they really don't have a lot of character to them still. Is there any real need to choose one over the other? They don't really promote utilising a particular culture's troops. Just to copy/paste from a previous suggestion of mine-

Vlandia cultural traits:
Sweat on the training field: 20% more upgrade XP to troops from battles (Vlandian troops only)
Sword brothers: Companions gain XP bonuses.
Castle builders: Castle walls are tougher for the owner.

Sturgia cultural traits:
Cold lands breed hot war: 20% less speed penalty from snow. Only functions if party is at least 75% Sturgian troops.
Axemen of the north: Axe-armed sturgian troops do additional shield damage.

Empire cultural traits:
Imperial knowhow: 20% construction speed bonus to town projects, wall repairs, and siege engines.
Imperial pride: Parties consisting solely of empire troops gain small morale and XP bonuses. Empire companions also.

Aseria cultural traits:
Sand and gold: Caravans are 30% cheaper to build. 10% less trade penalty. Caravans have additional guards.
Desert strike: Aserai cavalry gain speed and attack bonuses in desert maps.

Khuzait cultural traits:
Under our hooves: 20% extra speed bonus for horsemen on campaign map. Only functions when party is at least 75% mounted troops.
Meritocratic command: Stats improve faster through battle experiance.

Battania cultural traits:
Waystalker: Forests give 15% less speed penalty to parties. Easier to spot forest bandit lairs, and bonuses to attacking them.
Not one of us: If party is less than 75% Battanian troops, recieve a morale penalty. If more, receive a morale buff.
The trees have eyes: When attacking in forest, chance for party to gain 'surprise attack' stat bonuses and enemy debuffs.

Yes ? I support any change to make fighting different cultures a different experience that require you to rethink your strategy and troop composition. This alone would go a long way to make the wars feel noticeable different
I think a good start would be differentiating the troop trees more. Five out of eight factions in the game (Aserai, Battania, Nimps, Wimps, Simps) are all currently able to field a very similar "generalist" combination of troop types.

+1. @Dejan Don't like to @ unless it is significant, but has this been discussed before? Again, don't mean to bother you.

I think a good start would be differentiating the troop trees more. Five out of eight factions in the game (Aserai, Battania, Nimps, Wimps, Simps) are all currently able to field a very similar "generalist" combination of troop types.
Yes I agree, there are multiple good threads and suggestions about that. While I am happy with the snowballing fixes it made the similarities between factions worse by giving more mounted troops to battania and sturgia.

the only time I had to change my infantry army was when I got a war with khuzait. I was winning every other engagement but started loosing. I know a lot of people hate the khuzait, but this was a positive experience. This was also the only time I used different tactics and uses circle formation to good effect (I put the archers on the outside) I hope to encounter this situation more in the future.

Last edited:
(I didn't read through every comment in the thread so sorry if the below already has been said).

I think that the crafting system needs a completre rework. Especially with the unlocking, it'd be a lot better if it was tier-based rather than more or less random.

The weapon economy also needs fixing, with prices being mainly influenced by material rather than stats imo to stop the exploits with crafting large two-handers (and also having one-handed weapons be worth nothing and not worth crafting at all, especially with expensive materials).

Lastly I also think that crafting weapons above your difficulty should have a high chance of failing. As it is now you can just spam high difficulty weapons as long as you have the parts, even with no skill at all, and level it up quickly. Rather there should be a chance to fail which increases with higher difficulty, to a point where it is 100% impossible to craft (say for example when it's above 50 points more in difficulty rating).

@Dejan that is what I'm talking about: we need more info about the new quests in the changelogs. At least you can let us know, who is the quest giver and when did the quest trigger.

Example: Added new quest 'Village needs draught animals'. Can be obtained by the village headmen and appears when village has a low hearths number.'

I' ve been asking for this for a half of the year and there is a reason for it.

With the current way, as you can see, we are forced to either guess or ask people who can dig up the game code...

But for some reason, you never listen.
Fair point, thanks for your feedback. I will take it into account when preparing next patch notes.

Edit: I will follow up with explanations for the recently implemented quests tomorrow.
I didn't see an answer so I apologize if I missed it, but was only being able to recruit clans into your kingdom while at war intended or a bug? @Dejan
Did you see the following dialogue when trying to persuade a lord to join your kingdom?
bda797b16e6f2956f230f535e4f8058b.jpg

Last edited:

That would improve the game a lot in my eyes, if there was a distinct cultural difference you felt/saw between them.

Fair point, thanks for your feedback. I will take it into account when preparing next patch notes.

Edit: I will follow up with explanations for the recently implemented quests tomorrow.

Did you see the following dialogue when trying to persuade a lord to join your kingdom?
bda797b16e6f2956f230f535e4f8058b.jpg
Yes I got that when I tried, I used the cheat program to give me max relation and 6 million gold and they still said the same thing, so as a suggestion someone said maybe have to be at war, so I declared war with them and the charm check opened up, let me know if you want to see it I can give ya a link and time stamp to it from my live stream

Yes I got that when I tried, I used the cheat program to give me max relation and 6 million gold and they still said the same thing, so as a suggestion someone said maybe have to be at war, so I declared war with them and the charm check opened up, let me know if you want to see it I can give ya a link and time stamp to it from my live stream
To be honest it might be a bug that it opens up once you are at war. Not the other way around :lol:. Almost positive that is the message when a lord is content with their current kingdom (meaning they have plenty of fiefs and money, so no interest in leaving). Unless of course the lord you are trying to convince holds no lands at all, then it is likely a bug that you can't recruit without war. Either way, it's a bug.

There's no limitation in place that prevents recruiting lords during peace time. However, if you don't have sufficient money in your inventory, the dialogue will just end as shown above in the screenshot (it won't progress to the persuasion system). I tried doing this today on v160 and it was indeed like that, when I spawned myself 9M (3M wasn't enough) the dialogue with the lord went through and I landed on the persuasion screen.

But yeah please send over the video, I'll follow up tomorrow if the state of the faction (peace / war) should in any way influence the recruitment of clans.

when I spawned myself 9M (3M wasn't enough)
I don't want to be mean, brother, but it's stuff like this that makes my eyes bleed.

Why would a player recruiting a clan cost 9M? Especially if they can switch sides right back with no warning? Especially if lords no longer queue in your hall asking to join your kingdom?

Especially a clan who you're not at war with - so you won't get their fiefs in your faction.

Without Smithing javelin cheese or similar things, I can't imagine the scale of grinding it would take to raise untold millions of denars every time I wanted to persuade a lord to join me. I mean... what is even the point of Charm if that's the case?

If that's the design philosophy, then I kind of never want to play this game - or any game designed by someone who thinks that's a good idea. Which is staggering to me because I've been eagerly awaiting this game for years and legit thought it would be my #1 of all time.

I don't want to be mean, brother, but it's stuff like this that makes my eyes bleed.

Why would a player recruiting a clan cost 9M? Especially if they can switch sides right back with no warning? Especially if lords no longer queue in your hall asking to join your kingdom?
The clan doesn't cost 9M to recruit. I will inquire about more details on this tomorrow.

The clan doesn't cost 9M to recruit. I will inquire about more details on this tomorrow.
Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate that. ?

The old Warband system of lord recruitment was hit or miss, but the current setup seems like a big step down in terms of roleplaying and player utility. Abstracting the complex politics of lord friendship/rivalry and culture and personalities into a straight cash transaction is pretty underwhelming, especially with higher denar amounts. I'm not sure about the current release, but I've absolutely ragequit earlier versions after spending 2M denars recruiting a clan and then watching them flip sides one week of game-time later.

As an RPG nerd, seeing no visible effect of having high charm or lord relation or personality score is pretty frustrating in general.

There's no limitation in place that prevents recruiting lords during peace time. However, if you don't have sufficient money in your inventory, the dialogue will just end as shown above in the screenshot (it won't progress to the persuasion system). I tried doing this today on v160 and it was indeed like that, when I spawned myself 9M (3M wasn't enough) the dialogue with the lord went through and I landed on the persuasion screen.

But yeah please send over the video, I'll follow up tomorrow if the state of the faction (peace / war) should in any way influence the recruitment of clans.
Here it is, I also have the save file right before I declare war if you want to try it I can send it to ya

Back
Top Bottom