Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

It was? I never saw that, just a vague timeline.

Anyway, onto patch reactions:
  • I think these new culture perk Cons are messing stuff up with the economy, except Battania's, which effectively cements it as King Ding-a-ling among culture perks now.
  • I personally dislike being able to back-out of a Kingdom decision; sometimes I click the wrong one and don't want to decide that moment -- generally when I'm launching one last siege assault but have to give out the previous siege target to a clan and misclick on the peace agreement instead.
  • Reducing the success chance for emissaries sucks in terms of player satisfaction.
  • I still haven't seen the Lord/Lady Needs a Tutor quest pop with any consistency, even when it should be popping all the goddamned time (20 years into a playthrough).
  • Not a fan of the universal desert speed penalty, would have preferred an increase in food consumption or similar. Right now, it is just Snow 2.0, except all year.
I disagree with the emissary nerf reducing player satisfaction. I think it was just too overpowered before so the nerf is welcomed in my book.

About the quests I agree there seems to be some issues... some quests just never pop up. It seems that lords mostly want horses still, so I always get this quest. I really miss quest variety... I don't know about the official campaign (I remember patches ago I could find a good variety of quests), but in sandbox mode lords want horses very often and not much of anything else it feels like.

How about making the requirements clan lvl 4 and renown 2000+ in order to get married?
By that time, a good portion of single nobles get married already. It'd reduce your alternatives greatly and considering you don't reload every time you fail in persuasion, it may take a long time. Got rejected by 9 in a row once. Such an achiever my character can be.
Though I agree there should be a limit as nobles marrying off to nobody makes no sense, level 3 plus having a fief sounds more logical.
Also noone forces you to steal your wife's gear.

By that time, a good portion of single nobles get married already. It'd reduce your alternatives greatly and considering you don't reload every time you fail in persuasion, it may take a long time. Got rejected by 9 in a row once. Such an achiever my character can be.
Though I agree there should be a limit as nobles marrying off to nobody makes no sense, level 3 plus having a fief sounds more logical.
Also noone forces you to steal your wife's gear.
Even that a fief at least something to make it make more sense. I just want to not be able to marry anyone at the start of the game. (i cant resist doing it.)
Well yeah none forces you to steal your wife's gear but you know if you can do it its pretty difficult not to, you know what i mean?

Right now you can get the best gear in the game while being a clan lvl 2 with no renown
Why do you have to be clan rank 2? I assure you, you can be clan rank 0.
If you are clan rank 2 you have at least 150 renown.
How about making the requirements clan lvl 4 and renown 2000
No thanks, fertility decreases as women age in the game so you have get making babies right away. And I want the gear, I get to work fast and don't dawdle around trading sheep. I don't stop if I can't get gear though. Like today clan leader has been in jail a month so no gear even though I did marriage checks, but I'm just moving ahead in war anyways. Gear helps, but just a little.
I hope they ditch the % dialogue and add requirements that change depending on the person and a quest too. I hate %, especially like this where it makes the NPC seem like a maniac who's whims change second to second.

Just want to say, the new steward skills are very nice in the way they notify you that you reached maximum gainable experience. Also I'm so excited about finally being able to easily upgrade troops in this way, my army of vlandian sergeants can finally be achievable. Really great work!

Also I like the new smithing orders, really cool.

I disagree with the emissary nerf reducing player satisfaction. I think it was just too overpowered before so the nerf is welcomed in my book.
Just clarifying, that was my personal reaction.
About the quests I agree there seems to be some issues... some quests just never pop up. It seems that lords mostly want horses still, so I always get this quest. I really miss quest variety... I don't know about the official campaign (I remember patches ago I could find a good variety of quests), but in sandbox mode lords want horses very often and not much of anything else it feels like.
Yes, that's my experience as well.

I found that Forging Two Handed Polearm with Bill Head(1 wrough iron) and Pine spear stuff(lvl 1) cost 2000-5000 for sale.. So you have infinity money. I think it's a bug. May you tell me please should I report that somewhere?

I found that Forging Two Handed Polearm with Bill Head(1 wrough iron) and Pine spear stuff(lvl 1) cost 2000-5000 for sale.. So you have infinity money. I think it's a bug. May you tell me please should I report that somewhere?
They are probably aware, but it won't do harm to report in case they aren't... Mid-range 2-handed swords may cost from 10 - 100k.

Really digging these new steward skills, you can rip through troop upgrades really quick and gives you a reason to "donate" moeny to towns and dump the gear for your troops. Wonder what the Item Value-to-XP calculation is

Game still doesn't save the resolution I choose. Every time I get back into the game it defaults to "Desktop Resolution", this has been a (very small) issue for a long time now

And another small issue: Can't change Banner color during the campaign anymore? I can only change 1 color (the secondary color), and the primary not. I also think it bugged in a way that the color options are the same as the main color, so I can have the same green on green.

How about making the requirements clan lvl 4 and renown 2000+ in order to get married?
Just a suggestion
Honestly if they were to implement some kind of limit to marriage it should be having the same or higher clan level than the spouse you are trying to get to simulate nobility not wanting to marry lower than their own rank.

It could either be a hard limit (equal or higher) or a soft limit that would drastically increase dowry cost the higher your clan level difference (my favorite alternative)

Make me one I can't find any swingers!

Just want to say, the new steward skills are very nice in the way they notify you that you reached maximum gainable experience.
Oh that's cool. Do you know will it stop sharing for your stacks that are ready to level (exp all filled) and only give to the level-able stacks?

Honestly if they were to implement some kind of limit to marriage it should be having the same or higher clan level than the spouse you are trying to get to simulate nobility not wanting to marry lower than their own rank.

It could either be a hard limit (equal or higher) or a soft limit that would drastically increase dowry cost the higher your clan level difference (my favorite alternative)
Actually that's not a bad idea at all!

That's a really nice idea. And the spouse's equipment should also maybe be tied to her clan tier. A low tier spouse should have poorer equipment than a higher tier, to balance things out a bit. Want high end equipment? Get yourself a high tier waifu.

Oh that's cool. Do you know will it stop sharing for your stacks that are ready to level (exp all filled) and only give to the level-able stacks?
yes it displays the experience gained in red color when reaching the limit. Once you reach the highest amount of experience your troops can get it will be red, so at that point you're wasting equipment. So basically if you have troops ready to level they don't need any experience, so the number will turn red after exceeding the exp needed for troops that can actually gain experience (full exp troops don't count). The more troops you recruit that need experience to level, the more experience you can gain until the number turns red. Also, equipments such as bolts and arrows and horse saddles can all be used to discard for experience, so that's cool.

The perks pretty much have synergy with smithing and with roguery (more loot), or, you can just be a rich bastard and buy equipments yourself, but the perks are a must imo, quite strong. Now I'll pretty much get 4 points in steward no matter the playthrough, and with only 2 intelligence it gets you up to the perk that gives double morale bonus from food variety (175 perk), and the morale bonus will also help with leadership gain and roguery gain when leading normal troops and respectively bandits (you know you need a minimum morale to gain exp). Very nice perks and very good synergy overall. Also I absolutely love the free attribute point and 2 focus points at age 20 in the sandbox, definitely helping a lot. Also, athletics and roguery don't seem as sluggish to level anymore, just by raiding a few villages and ransoming a few troops I'm almost 50 roguery in 1 year, and I haven't been focusing on it... only got 2 focus points in it as well. Now I just need the big bandit party perk and I'm all set, really awesome stuff.

That's a really nice idea. And the spouse's equipment should also maybe be tied to her clan tier. A low tier spouse should have poorer equipment than a higher tier, to balance things out a bit. Want high end equipment? Get yourself a high tier waifu.
Oh that would be cool aswell and make tons of sense! the game already has gear divided by tier, it wouldn't be hard to balance clan tier to general equipment tier aswell so higher level clanmember would show their "prestige" by wearing more expensive gear corresponding to their clan level.

Oh that would be cool aswell and make tons of sense! the game already has gear divided by tier, it wouldn't be hard to balance clan tier to general equipment tier aswell so higher level clanmember would show their "prestige" by wearing more expensive gear corresponding to their clan level.
yes, and by giving the faction leaders special equipment as well, including crowns for their civilian outfit, everything will just be chef's kiss. I hope they will get special battle equipment with awesome designs so they can really be distinguished in battle and be durable as well. Ah the potential. I love this game.

Back
Top Bottom