Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm 100% sure if I actually cared to make an effort I could go through every patch and show a multitude of things they implemented and changed based purely on feedback
That's a very easy claim to make. I too can "easily" cite all the things that:

1. Showed up in dev diaries and have disappeared since then

2. List all the things Warband had that Bannerlord doesn't have (remember we're only here because of how well-received Warband was)

3. List all the things in neither category that have been summarily rejected for vague reasons such as "too complex" or "doesn't fit our vision".

4. List the big issues people have been clamoring about for upwards of a year that have yet to be addressed (i.e. siege AI).

The community feedback I've seen implemented generally falls into one of two categories:

1. Around the edges stuff like UI tweaks

2. mexxico going out of his way

Stuff like the modding changes has been a (welcome) exception.

There's no grey area. They told you it was early access. They told you the price. You bought it. No one forced you to do anything.

If you're not pleased with development that's your fault. You could have waited until the game was out of ea to buy it. Thats on you.

This world is full of people that want to blame someone else for their own bad decisions.

Its not TW's fault you bought ea and don't have the patience to see the process through. Its your fault.
Legally speaking, Early Access *IS* absolutely a grey area. Being a recently introduced concept, it still benefits from having no totally specific consumer law applied to it. This is not debatable, ask anyone you might now with just a modicum of knowledge in that field and they'll gladly confirm that is the case.
Aurex is 100% correct. Suing any company for breach of contract etc. is extremely difficult in general, but the law can get pretty murky even with established contracts... let alone things like paid trials.

Regardless, the entire argument of "It's legal! Suck it up!" is kind of ridiculously galling nonsense.

"Can I sue someone over them screwing me?" is a pretty terrible barometer in terms of ethical business practice. Tons of douchey things are absolutely legal and part of the free market is the screwed person's right to complain + stop doing business with them + spread the word of the douchery to others (the latter is limited in terms of defamation + libel + tortious interference etc. - but that's also difficult to prove).

There are jurisdictions in America where bestiality is legal, but most Americans would rather not associate with people who choose to exercise their legally-protected civil liberty to molest animals. If someone is doing something that is legal but I object to - especially when it affects me rather than a golden retriever - then complaining about it on the internet is absolutely my God-given right as a ****poster.

I am a foaming-at-the-mouth free-marketeer and I literally write right-wing propaganda for a living, but I can't remotely fathom this bat-guano lunatic notion that consumers are not allowed to complain when corporations screw them because the screwing was technically legal.

Early access isn't a shield. Its an honest description of what you bought.

If you don't want to be involved in the process, wait until the game is finished.

Take some responsibility though. You bought exactly what TW was selling.
Debatable. TaleWorlds has arguably repeatedly lied in their description of the state of the Early Access product at launch.

Enough to be actionable in court? Probably not. Enough for us to be justified in complaining? Definitely yes.

Last edited:
Lol they released the elephant dlc on purpose to see the response to them working on dlc rather than their unfinished base game, seeing as how no one cares that gives them the signal that this community can be milked for dlc

I looked through the patch notes and didn't see anything, but is it now a requirement that you can only recruit clans when your at war with them?

That's a very easy claim to make. I too can "easily" cite all the things that:

1. Showed up in dev diaries and have disappeared since then

2. List all the things Warband had that Bannerlord doesn't have (remember we're only here because of how well-received Warband was)

3. List all the things in neither category that have been summarily rejected for vague reasons such as "too complex" or "doesn't fit our vision".
1. Besides the village = castle upgrade thingy and gang system which haven't worked out because things happen in development, I honestly don't remember anything else that significant that is missing... I also remember a post about that and was not impressed, it was very little things and it brought up repetitive points.

2. We're here because of Warband mods as well, and DLCs, not because of Warband vanilla. If the game did not have modding potential it would in no way be as popular as it is now. And the problem we are facing is that we are currently judging Bannerlord vanilla based on experience with years worth of Warband mods + DLCs. And Bannerlord vanilla is 10x times better than Warband vanilla was, without taking graphics into account. Unless you don't count sieges with 1000 men with siege towers, flamey projectiles, battering ram and tons of ladders an improvement from the one single ramp we had and 150 troops in the unmodded Warband experience... (and yes sieges are not yet working as intended, it's being worked on, but it's already way better). And we'll be getting elephant DLCs, so see, game will be awesome.
Also this is not Warband 2, and I am totally fine with the tavern drunkard, bandits attacking you on the street at night in an annoying overrepetitive event and companion complaints missing from the game. Warband had its fair share of flaws.

3. That's the company's right to decide upon these things and shouldn't be seen as an issue. Many times they have completely reasonable motives for which they are rejecting certain ideas, because certain ideas are just not good in the grand scheme of things. I know many people wanted more micro management and to tell their parties "Attack this settlement" for example, but honestly the game is so easy already that this would be so easy to abuse, and it's just better they didn't imo. It's an unpopular opinion but it is what it is. Instead they implement a simpler approach (aggressive - defensive state). Also, if players and devs strongly agree a certain feature would be good, it's usually brought up multiple times to the management to see if they decide in favor of it, so the effort is there.

4. Siege AI has been improved, it just needs more work but it's slowly getting there. Devs stated long ago that the issue is a difficult one and it will take time to solve, so I don't see the problem here. It's not like we're not getting good siege AI eventually.

About the feedback, besides the UI (MRay) and mexxico: Dejan, Duh and Marda are others I have seen plenty of active. You also have to consider that the developers are non-english speakers and it's just less likely for them to engage with the english community, it is what it is. In a perfect world we would all be americans and this would bring peace and prosperity to us all (lol.).

And all in all my claim was simply that it's not true that they're not listening to feedback, and there is plenty of evidence in dev - player discussions as well as in the patch notes. If the 4-5+ examples that I gave aren't enough proof for that, then I guess it is ok if you don't believe me. To each his own

I mean, just yesterday this was posted: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/on-crafting-orders.443899/#post-9708765 ... a post asking for feedback on a feature. Just a recent example. They're trying aren't they?

Last edited:
Early access isn't a shield. Its an honest description of what you bought.

If you don't want to be involved in the process, wait until the game is finished.

Take some responsibility though. You bought exactly what TW was selling.
You say that like this isn't a game we waited 8 years and about 5 delayed releases for.

Not buying EA was never a realistic option for long time fans of the series, it would be the equivalent of telling Game of thrones fans to not watch season 8 because the writers rushed it. We were always going to buy Bannerlord and TW's knew that, just like GOT writers knew everyone would watch S8.

@AndrewArt I absolutely agree, regarding improved communications. Communications, commune, communism, community, all are based on equality. Before, that equality was not visible, there was us and them.

Now in these last couple of weeks, I’ve seen that gap get smaller and smaller. With noticable effect in both culture and structure. The culture influence in this community is an obvious one, but the structure influence became visible with the patch and moddersupdate where in around 150 internal modifiers were removed and about 4 were added for consistency.
Shorter lines, better involvement, learning and developing together, with and from eachother. When appropriate.

Getting on to trying campaign 1.6, brother is back to being very useful but no longer flat out the best npc you'll ever have. You can choose his perks still in the tutorial, but he doesn't have unallotted FP and attributes like he did in 1.5.10.

If any one has brother that did have unallotted fp and attributes(in 1.6) I'd be interested to know. This was really useful but obviously over powered too, as he basically got all his default skills and FP for "free" getting him effectively, free skills, double FP and custom attributes!

It's gonna take awhile to get used to battanian brother, but he's really a good reason to pick campaign over sandbox still.

I tried my INT build earlier but I feel Medicine still needs an alternative way to raise it, troops going down all the time.... it's just not how play I have to go too far out of my way to gain and medicine! Think I stick with my cunning build for now.

I bought this early access after watching a Spiffing Brit video about how broken the game is. It's over a year later and slightly less broken and I'd still buy it early access. If they want to release a $20 elephant DLC I'll buy that too.

The broken game is still more fun than lots of cheaper not broken games. The first PC game I ever bought in 1991 for $50, UMS II, was so broken you couldn't play more than 10 or so turns before the AI got stuck. I'd still buy it again too.

The biggest recent complaint is mods and looks like they really tried to do something about it this time even if it isn't everything wished for.
?

You say that like this isn't a game we waited 8 years and about 5 delayed releases for.

Not buying EA was never a realistic option for long time fans of the series, it would be the equivalent of telling Game of thrones fans to not watch season 8 because the writers rushed it. We were always going to buy Bannerlord and TW's knew that, just like GOT writers knew everyone would watch S8.
Actually, that's exactly what I did, but I'm special. It turns out that waiting for reviews before buying is a good idea.
Development hell and several postponements are poor omens for the quality of the game (because of how the production is managed).

Awesome. A lot of good QoL, performance optimizations and balancing stuff in there.

Good to see starting culture bonus changes. Not sure about the actual changes but will see how things play out with them. Any changes to smithing also welcome.

Big thing here seems to be the modding stuff which seems to have been recieved well by the modding community.

Nice work :smile:

Was looking forward to some Bannerlord this weekend, but my saves don't work with 1.6.0 and 1.5.10 beta has been removed. Why you gotta do me like this TW?

A nice patch.
I really want to see you doing something about the marriage mechanic, i think that it should be a mid to late game thing!
Right now you can get the best gear in the game while being a clan lvl 2 with no renown. How about making the requirements clan lvl 4 and renown 2000+ in order to get married?
Just a suggestion

Back
Top Bottom