Elephant DLC theories - disscussion

Users who are viewing this thread

I created this to discuss the possibilities of the leaked Elephant DLC and its theories to what it could be.

My theories:
1) The name in itself Elephant DLC is just a placeholder just in case of any leaks so we don't know the real name. What I think this DLC would/could bring in would be 1 - 2 factions, that would be inspired by Carthage and/or India and with it the map would expand beyond Calradia, having all these new cultures and land to conquer. Or these factions could be part of a big invasion event. Where these foreigners would be conquering Calradia forcing everyone to join forces in defending the homeland.

2) It literally is Elephant DLC. Which I don't think is bad. Why? Simply because some games have DLCs that are free for reasons that maybe players don't want to be forced to have it in the game, so they get the option wherever to install it or not. So there is a possibility of this being free. In case TW plan to put it out for money and it's only the Elephants, I think it would be around 1 - 5 euros. More than that would be too much for just elephants and would be a bad move for TW to do.

Feel free to share your opinion on wherever you agree with me or not. And if you have your own theories, I'll be glad to read them.
Have a nice day everyone c:

Elephants are smart enough to have their own faction, a nomadic faction without settlements. You can fight their herds and suffer from a stampede of angry elephants or train them for your army by giving them peanut butter tributes.

Dunno what will happen with the game, but if they add elephants that are capable of making physical attacks - and looking at the code that seems possible - then modders will make all kinds of cool reskins. Warhorses that kick and paw? Bear and wolf bounty quests? Lions? Tigers? Fantasy beasts from LotR and 40K?

So much potential...

I believe the name ElephantDLC is only a placeholder aswell while they are in the early development/testing phases of it, hope it'll be part of a larger dlc either PDX style focusing in one region or total conversion like TW old dlcs.

Honestly i would prefer PDX style dlcs that flesh out regions of the game with more fetures, flavour and immersion or add entire new ones and leaving the total conversions to modders (unless they partner with modders like Brytenwalda team again whom made the awesome Viking Conquest DLC)

People are rushing with the torches and pitchforks without cutting them some slack, the changes to modding alone in 1.6.0 already made it one of the best patches to date giving much more liberty to modders to access the code, it's really awesome that they listened to this feedback and took it serious.

It's also common practice in the industry to have idle team members working on the early stages of future projects/dlcs, nothing wrong there since these guys are being paid just the same and have to keep working on something to make it worth for their employer to keep them around.

Greetings,

For game development companies, it is standard to do R&D as part of the regular processes. This is done for the base product as well as potential future additions. The work might or might not be released to an end-user. This is why it's usually only announced when it's largely ready - to avoid false expectations.

The model accidentally released was something being tried by a team member who had no remaining tasks and pretty much the entire Bannerlord team is busy working on early access features.

Any assets created by Taleworlds are, of course, protected under copyright law and they cannot be released as part of mods unless prior permission is obtained.
If you believe Callum it's just some **** a developer made because he had "nothing else to do" HOW THAT'S POSSIBLE I DON'T KNOW

they really shouldnt be charging for it while the game is still in early access, if its free which it should be then fair enough but why not just add it in withought it being dlc, if they charge for it i hope it creates an absolute ****storm like when ark released its first expansion while being in EA
If it comes out after the games out of EA then imo thats fine.

they really shouldnt be charging for it while the game is still in early access, if its free which it should be then fair enough but why not just add it in withought it being dlc, if they charge for it i hope it creates an absolute ****storm like when ark released its first expansion while being in EA
If it comes out after the games out of EA then imo thats fine.
No dlc should be released during the early access period, to me it seems they are just starting early testing/development for future dlc ideas with idle team members so nothing bad in there.

If they keep improving the game and make it a good complete experience for the real release i'll be optimistic about their dlcs in the future and buy if it's something interesting to me.

If they "abandon" the game before the major problems are fixed and call it released or starting to sell dlcs during the EA phase they'll never get another coin from me.

The elephant thing really seems like early work of something, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt no problem until proven otherwise.

No dlc should be released during the early access period, to me it seems they are just starting early testing/development for future dlc ideas with idle team members so nothing bad in there.

If they keep improving the game and make it a good complete experience for the real release i'll be optimistic about their dlcs in the future and buy if it's something interesting to me.

If they "abandon" the game before the major problems are fixed and call it released or starting to sell dlcs during the EA phase they'll never get another coin from me.

The elephant thing really seems like early work of something, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt no problem until proven otherwise.
time will only tell

The only theory is that we will be using Elephants in the Sword & Musket mod project. We will even replace the camels of the Bedouin Egyptians in the Desert with elephants and put them under Napoleon's command. What kind and different topics are these :grin: This is a feasible theory.

Real question is, can they fly?

SEa3hjb.png

a team member who had no remaining tasks
i mean if they need tasks to do just go look at the posts five bucks has made about all the missing **** in bannerlord

or work on elephants

i guess that works too

TW management has some serious issues if they made a team to design elephants while my army can't do ladders.

Hard to believe that Warband has a smarter AI then Bannerlord, you would think game developers improve over the years.

I wish more people understood that a person who can make elephant models usually can't fix pathfinding code or fix memory leaks.
The guys in the other thread who understand this proposed that the elephant dev could improve the horses instead/next, which is what he can actually do.

I wish more people understood that a person who can make elephant models usually can't fix pathfinding code or fix memory leaks.
The guys in the other thread who understand this proposed that the elephant dev could improve the horses instead/next, which is what he can actually do.
If he can code and model a fully working elephant he could improve the banner creator surely

Back
Top Bottom