Reduce Prosperity Loss for Serfdom!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Arkyll

Recruit
Serfdom is single-handedly responsible for the '0-prosperity-in-Castles-crisis'.

Every campaign, almost half of all the kingdoms castles are literally stuck at 0 prosperity and have no hope of getting unstuck, largely thanks to this garbage policy that for some reason all of the AI lords just love so much to the point that it cannot be revoked.

Because of this 0 prosperity, it means that castles will have puny garrisons to compensate for the loss of revenue, and thus make castle even more useless than they are by design.

This needs fixing real bad. Reduce the prosperity loss from 1 to 0.5 or something.

+1 with time all castles reach 0 prosperity. It seems also that every kingdom votes for these policies, so you cant escape it. Another solution would be to give castles the option to raise their properity, like in towns with aquaducts (i think is the right one)

Or just make it apply only to towns and not castles, or at least turn it into big militia bonus for castles to compensate or something.

@mexxico is it something that could be addressed in the coming patches?
I understand that castle are not supposed to be a source of big profit but the penalty could be limited to towns as suggested.

Examined situation and I will remove -1 prosperity effect of that policy and security (+1) and militia (-1) effects will only effect towns not castles. Policies are not yet balanced and clans select policies without an intelligent system currently, they do not evaluate what are positives and negatives of these policies. This can be annoying.

Examined situation and I will remove -1 prosperity effect of that policy and security (+1) and militia (-1) effects will only effect towns not castles. Policies are not yet balanced and clans select policies without an intelligent system currently, they do not evaluate what are positives and negatives of these policies. This can be annoying.
very much appreciated, thanks mate

Examined situation and I will remove -1 prosperity effect of that policy and security (+1) and militia (-1) effects will only effect towns not castles.
This -1 prosperity effect has been quite a balancer for imperial towns regarding too high prosperity = starvation issue. Removing it from towns may result in with faster cycles than before.

Okay thx for the prompt action and additional info.

Policies are not yet balanced and clans select policies without an intelligent system currently, they do not evaluate what are positives and negatives of these policies. This can be annoying.
Kingdoms adjusting their policies over time to address any systemic issues would be awesome.

Policies are not yet balanced and clans select policies without an intelligent system currently, they do not evaluate what are positives and negatives of these policies. This can be annoying.
Can I suggest adjusting a set of policies to be balanced, set them up for the AI kingdoms in such a way that they all feel different, and then make it so the AI can't change them?
My reasoning is that it would be easier to balance a handful of policies than all of them, and that would provide a more playable environment while you get more time to balance the rest of the policies, which you can then allow the AI use as it sees fit.

Basically a stopgap measure, but I think it would be good for the player experience in the short term.

Back
Top Bottom