Elephant DLC?

Users who are viewing this thread

The model accidentally released was something being tried by a team member who had no remaining tasks and pretty much the entire Bannerlord team is busy working on early access features.
If I was cynical, I would suspect it's a deliberate leak to gauge interest. But I'm not and I fully trust company PR. :grin:
Btw, it would be a good DLC if the elephant units have a good combat AI and it's low priced, so it's not a bad idea.

If it's like $2 I'd buy it. At least it's not utter nonsense like the blood packs in Total War.
agreed, it's way better than Bethesda's famous Horse Armor DLC as well. If they deliver a proper DLC with a low price I'll pay them for their work, indeed. Just hope the price will be a sensible one, that's all.

I would pay up to 5$ for fully functional elephant mounts, that can also attack. Maybe they could even have a ballista on them.

The way i see it, its not about if its an elephant, dragon or a ridable duck....it disturbs me that the the game is clearly lacking content left and right as mentioned by the thousand of posts, and instead of suprising us with some some interesting new in-game features, content is already being paywalled (or at least in preparation of said) while the game is neither finished nor fleshed out enough. These kind of anti-consumer practices are the reason many formery beloved game studios have fallen from grace (creation club). When the game is finished, and you decide to make the game better or adding significant content, i have no problems with buying expansions. But working on dlcs mid ea with all the above stated content issues is just not ok. You dont have to agree with me, but i also want to adress my opinion and concern.

What are you guys talking about? Players bought the game at full price. Also, the game is still in EA -which has been used for every single critic -. So, why are you trying to pay more to the company which couldn't hand your full product to you?

If you think TW having financial problems and that's the reason I can't deliver a good product, I do not agree with that. The problem is not about the financial status of the company. It shouldn't be. Foreign people couldn't understand how much TW earns from the game.

Let me explain it. Let's do simple math.

Step 1 - Let's say TW sold 2M copy. I guess they sold more than this but let's assume.
Step 2 - And again let's say TW makes a profit of $10 from each copy. That makes $20M.
Step 3 - One US dollar is approx. 8.37 Turkish Liras today. Let's say it's 8TL so, that makes 160M Turkish Liras.
Step 4 - The minimum wage in Turkey is approx. 3.000TL. Of course, this is the minimum wage and most of the TW employees could earn more than it but just focus on the main calculation. And minimum wage is $1.250 in the USA. As the mighty Google says.
Step 5 - Under these circumstances -which are lowered already- with the money TW earn from Bannerlord you can hire 16.000 people with minimum wage in the USA. However, you can hire 53.333 people in Turkey. It's more than 3 times. I guess you might understand what I meant...

Also, TW may benefit from some laws in financial matters such as tax deductions in Turkey. This is governments support for the companies which are working in some business areas. I'm just guessing it and my reason is the location of TW HQ. On the campus, TW HQ is in, the companies can use the benefits I mentioned before.

From my pov their priority shouldn't be the DLC, they should focus on finishing the game and completing the EA process. As a company, they can focus on the next money source. It's understandable but it doesn't mean I agree with it. And at these circumstances, I'm not going to pay even a 1TL to them until to see what is the end product is going to be.

And there is a difference between EA Games and CD Red Project right? One is milking their player and the other one listens to their players. So, I'm really wondering which road will TW take from now on.

I wouldn't like paid DLC in an EA title.
However I also think that Elephants as a DLC makes more sense than just adding them to the base game.
I don't know if I would like them in my campaign since I suppose an actual war elephant would be hard to balance.

Let's just hope it's free.

Greetings,

For game development companies, it is standard to do R&D as part of the regular processes. This is done for the base product as well as potential future additions. The work might or might not be released to an end-user. This is why it's usually only announced when it's largely ready - to avoid false expectations.

The model accidentally released was something being tried by a team member who had no remaining tasks and pretty much the entire Bannerlord team is busy working on early access features.

Any assets created by Taleworlds are, of course, protected under copyright law and they cannot be released as part of mods unless prior permission is obtained.
Wait, who is then working on console port?

can the guy that has finished his tasks and is developing elephants please redirect his amazing work to horses?would be nice to have ultimate mounts on the base game, just saying
2906-1619459111-316495151.jpeg

can the guy that has finished his tasks and is developing elephants please redirect his amazing work to horses?would be nice to have ultimate mounts on the base game, just saying
2906-1619459111-316495151.jpeg
With danEn's permission... :lol:

giphy.gif

---
Regarding the topic in question... What do you think of this model, more asian or african? Let your imagination run wild... :iamamoron:
image.png
a7c066b39d41bd532290b33894c42da4.jpg

Regarding the topic in question... What do you think of this model, more asian or african? Let your imagination run wild... :iamamoron:
All I care if it's tall enough to protect me from the mighty looter and his 30 cm wooden hammer when i charge. What's the fun if I can't smash them under it's feet?

With danEn's permission... :lol:

giphy.gif

---
image.png
a7c066b39d41bd532290b33894c42da4.jpg
Actually i got question regarding this. I remember that in XML there was information about kicking. So that means that you planning to add feature like that to the game? Or maybe its already implemented but its unknown?

And regarding your question, African elephant look more aggressive and overall better in my opinion.
if I can go wild then i will enlarge this elephant and use him as battering ram :grin:

A random software developer with time on it's hands named an addition "DLC Elephant", ye buddy go kid someone else.
You wouldn't call it DLC then, that's not something you would name a random 2 hour project on the side.

We will drink from your skull.

A random software developer with time on it's hands named an addition "DLC Elephant", ye buddy go kid someone else.
You wouldn't call it DLC then, that's not something you would name a random 2 hour project on the side.

We will drink from your skull.
Actually it depends what they mean by this. Maybe its just fricking elephant then its bad, but maybe this is part of bigger dlc for example addition of new culture with fricking elephant then I'm ok with this.

Actually it depends what they mean by this. Maybe its just fricking elephant then its bad, but maybe this is part of bigger dlc for example addition of new culture with fricking elephant then I'm ok with this.
well then it ain't a small side project that a developer did when he/she was bored would it? Like overlord Callum says it is.

I personally dont care about how much money TW made, or if its moral or not to work on DLC while in EA.

I only ask myself: would I buy it? And the answer is yes. If TW made a dlc per week, I would buy all of them. Because I love the game and I have no money issues. Also, gaming is my main hobby. Even though I probably paid 500-1000$ for league of legends skins and like 500$ for paradox DLCs, its still a pretty cheap hobby for me, cause I played for many many years and got thousands of hours of fun.

With this way of thinking, very soon we will "should be happy" that they gave us the opportunity to run around and swords and other stuff is clearly DLC-content.

We SHOULDN"T be happy that they are selling something useful, and we SHOULDN'T support this approach at all!

It all starts with something simple and ends up with the blood packs and the amount of DLC in Dead or Alive 6...

P.S. Judging by the YouTube, blood pack for Three Kingdoms looks awful. And many people bought it anyway.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

I would pay up to 5$ for fully functional elephant mounts, that can also attack. Maybe they could even have a ballista on them.
Legacy Elephant DLC
-2x bigger than normal elephant's size
-Owner of DLC can drive it(only owner).
- %50 more hp than normal, but also %25 slower.
-There can be 3 more players at cabin(top).
-Elephant has kick, jump, antler(?) attack functionalies too.
-you can buy custom skins, varoius colors at Butter Store in-game menu for this elephant.

DLC price(as a better functinalities than normal elephant DLC) : 10$
[without discount]

Wouldy u buy this legacy Elephant dlc? Better but more expensive..

Legacy Elephant DLC
-2x bigger than normal elephant's size
-Owner of DLC can drive it(only owner).
- %50 more hp than normal, but also %25 slower.
-There can be 3 more players at cabin(top).
-Elephant has kick, jump, antler(?) attack functionalies too.
-you can buy custom skins, varoius colors at Butter Store in-game menu for this elephant.

DLC price(as a better functinalities than normal elephant DLC) : 10$
[without discount]

Wouldy u buy this legacy Elephant dlc? Better but more expensive..
back in my broke student days, maybe not. Today? 10$ is lunch money

Back
Top Bottom