Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks man. really appreciate you taking the time to collate the new stuff.

Really like where TW is heading to with these new armour pieces. These pieces that are closely based on historical armour are awesome. Honeslty they should get rid of sh*t fantasy pieces like the battanian warlord set and stick to historical stuff.

The plummed helmets are awesome.
Sorry but I don't agree with you. It's a fictional world and i think they would add more fantasy pieces. It would be good for variety if they have made more

It's like this every patch, I really have no idea what people read in these notes that get's them excited

It is because people expected change out of the big patches. Other games always seem to do that on the big numbers, like 1.1.0, 1.2.0. 1.3.0 etc. People were hoping 1.6.0 would be the start of that for Bannerlord. I can understand perfectly why they were excited. Unfortunately, it was nothing more than a pipe dream at the end.

I haven't got to play it yet because.... it's gone for now lol but I'll tell you what I think from speculating based on experience.
  • Aserai
    • [Pro] Caravans are 30% cheaper to build. 10% less trade penalty.
    • [Pro] No speed penalty in deserts.
    • [Con] Daily wages of troops in the party are increased by 5%.
Money is easy to to get so this is a pretty weak for an experienced player. Probably be a steamer/youtuber favorite though :razz:
Not unsure if desert penalty will be relevant enough.
The con is a non-issue, though form a design point I dislike giving a +money buff and +cost malice to the same Civ.

• Battania
    • [Pro] 50% less speed penalty and 15% sight range bonus in forests.
    • [Pro] Towns owned by Battanian rulers have +1 militia production.
    • [Con] 10% slower build rate for town projects in settlements.
Movement + is king for experienced players! With the Khuzait losing thier, this becomes the best option! Speed on the map effects every part of the game!
Militia is not important.
Slower build rate could be a legit con for the player taking a rebel town or other bad off fief! Getting the orchards up a few days late couple be trouble sometimes!

• Empire
    • [Pro] 20% less garrison troop wages.
    • [Pro] Being in an army brings 25% more influence.
    • [Con] Village hearths increase 20% less.
-20% garrison pay could certainly add up, but again money is kinda easy for experienced players so this isn't as good as something that gives a martial advantage. It's still better then the Aserai caravan bonus though! I mean this would be like 5K daily wage saved in most of my games
Influence + is decent, of course if you're not a vassal or ruler it's dead, but still.
Village heart getting hit is a very harsh Con and I expect we will see more rebellions and weaker factions in general for the AI empire as many empire towns already start with bad heart amounts compared to thier prosperity. For they player, it could be annoying too as the game goes on and prosperity of fief increases.

• Khuzait
    • [Pro] Recruiting and upgrading mounted troops is 10% cheaper.
    • [Pro] 25% production bonus to horses, mules, cows and sheep in villages owned by Khuzait rulers.
    • [Con] 20% less tax income from towns.
DEAD, these are not good abilities. Money... yeah you know what I think. Production.... I don't know what "ruler" means in this context but either way it's not so hot.
The Con isn't too bad but the perks aren't good so.... yeah sorry Khuzaits I'm dump'n you.

• Sturgia
    • [Pro] Recruiting and upgrading infantry troops is 25% cheaper.
    • [Pro] Armies lose 20% less daily cohesion.
    • [Con] 20% more relationship penalty from kingdom decisions.
Money, no thanks, it's okay though.
Army Cohesion WILL HELP the AI and is relevant to sturgia's map layout! Not super great for the player, but good for the AI.
Con, will have to see but it could add up to a disadvantage to staying in strugia as a vassal for a long time if you're loosing more relation when you choose sides in a election. Could lead to more defections on a long game too.

• Vlandia
    • [Pro] 5% more renown from battles. 15% more income while serving as a mercenary.
    • [Pro] 10% production bonus to villages that are bound to castles.
    • [Con] Recruiting lords to armies costs 20% more influence.
Fun for RP games, not that useful. Production.... okay.
The CON may noticeably hurt the AI and slow down thier expansion, the player can deal with it though.

SO in short Battania is my top pick with a strong martial advantage in +movement and also a real punishments I' a little worried about in my playstyle.
Khuzait is in the dumpster.
Empire might be good for player's who struggle with money in mid game, but trouble for AI
The reats are fun, cute but don't really give a great advantage or disadvantage.

Oh wow many thanks for your very detailed answer !

I still think that the Khuzait bonus regarding horse production is valuable, especially for war horses.
When you keep referring to money as not that important for experienced players, do you put into account the smithing glitch or not ?
I've never done that glitch for the record, and still think that money is a very important variable on my playthrough.

game crashes in the town in the trade menu. all the time

ok. Banner Paste mode is killing a game for me, BL crashes on the trade screen. No more Alpha Legion banners for me :sad:

Last edited:
So we still cannot control our troops after the enemy routes? Nobody likes this.... But here's a new patch with some icons and tinkering...

I guess we have to wait another month for the decision panel to decide? This so irritating, why? I would have rather have this as a hotfix(yes they did this on purpose) than anything in 1.6.0.

Last edited:
Right now it feels that Battania culture bonus is the only appealing option for the player. When most people will be playing Battania (with a few exceptions like a couple of players who want to level Trade to 300 + other roleplayers), please instead of nerfing battanian culture bonus consider buffing the others to make them feel more significant instead, because if you nerf battania it just doesn't matter what culture you pick at all since nothing seems that attractive from the player POV... As an example the kuzait mounted troop price reduction: I imagine it isn't significant at all if you do not also increase the overall price of mounted troops to begin with. Also, most of the money for upgrading cavalry comes from buying horses, and there isn't a reduction for horse price as far as I'm concerned. For Vlandia, is 5% renown even relevant when you have a perk that grants you 20% more renown from battles at 50 charm? For Sturgia the 20% cohesion sounds great, but you need long wars for that to matter, and balanced influence gain so all lords from every faction don't have infinite influence. I like the idea behind the new culture bonuses but I also hope that instead of everything being nerfed from now on and sucking once something is too strong, the others will instead be buffed as to accentuate faction uniqueness more, that would be great.

If they were going to just get rid of Khuzait speed bonus why did they have Mexico spend months fixing snowballing?

I'm really interested in seeing if they're going to have to revert snowballing changes now that they got rid of super speed for Khuzait.

It is because people expected change out of the big patches. Other games always seem to do that on the big numbers, like 1.1.0, 1.2.0. 1.3.0 etc. People were hoping 1.6.0 would be the start of that for Bannerlord. I can understand perfectly why they were excited. Unfortunately, it was nothing more than a pipe dream at the end.
It feels like they should have so much finished content built up and every patch as time goes on longer and longer people expect it to be released soon, like the smithing overhaul, banner editor, siege fix and so on but some ****ing how it never appears. Makes me wonder how long this game is actually going to be in EA.

The worst part is when you actually look through the notes, 70% of it is just fixes, but they spread it out to lengthen the list instead of just putting it all in the fixes section

There's basically nothing new in this patch... It's just more tinkering.. People are so easily pleased lol....thinking of buying that DLC already...

I agree with you most of the time, not this time though. Are there big features added? Not really. Are there tons of QOL improvements added to inprove gameplay? In my opinion, yes. They’re small updates, looking at a singular level, but they do make the game more “whole”.

Im glad with the amount of these singular improvements, I do believe they will make life in calradia a little better (like the allied lords not receiving the same godlike invincibility anymore, when playing in small pp mode)

If they were going to just get rid of Khuzait speed bonus why did they have Mexico spend months fixing snowballing?

I'm really interested in seeing if they're going to have to revert snowballing changes now that they got rid of super speed for Khuzait.
I don't really think that there is a realistic workaround for it, the speed bonus is such a massive advantage..

When you keep referring to money as not that important for experienced players, do you put into account the smithing glitch or not ?
I don't use smithing ever (unless testing a change), so no I don't consider it at all when talking about player's money or game balance. If I did consider it then the money related effect would be even less valued. Beating lords is the best money in the game and really the core of the game. There are many fast ways to get starting money too, so even early on an experienced player doesn't need help from perks/skills for money. If anything the +movement perks help this even more then the money perks early game as whatever the player does for early money, he does it faster. You can't just buy 5 caravn's immediately and you don't have an expensive party or garrison, but you CAN ride your bunz around to get more "deliver the herd" quest faster and get more horses to (steal)sell faster with the battanian (or old khuzait) perk.

To me the approach is to take down lords for money and to only create more and higher tier units as you go after bigger and more enemy lord parties, so you are always using your investment in the field and always building wealth at the same time you pursue other goals such as fiefs and higher clan ranks.

I still think that the Khuzait bonus regarding horse production is valuable, especially for war horses.
Well, it can increase prosperity, but remember they also pay less tax to you, so that prosperity gained is even less valuable to the player the normal. Also the prosperity will increase food requirements for the towns which sometimes can be a problem, though I admit khuzait towns seem to not get too much prosperity to have problem usually.
As far as warhorses for the player, assuming you buy all the warhorses, you're getting 1 extra for every 4, so that could be sometimes relevant. But again for instance I buy all of my early warhorses as cheap imperial chargers and then for the rest of the game the rest are 90% from battle loot and occasion imperial charger buys. I almost never have reason to buy a steppe warhorse or other full-price warhorse. This is by far a YMMV thing though I admit and it's likely many people do buy all the steppe warhorses!

I'm interested for sure in how this plays out in the game over time.

Edit: @SOku I forgot something important I wanted to tell you! A important reason I don't value money is that IMO the game lacks meaningful money sinks, or things you can do with extra money! You are limited in how many units you can field, how many clan parties you can have and how many upgrades you can make in fiefs. So eventually the money just doesn't have a good place to be used anymore. I guess maybe you could pay high price to recruit some extra lords with fiefs if you really had tunz of money, but by then you probably can have tunz of money no matter what culture you picked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom