New class system: Equalize all stats, freely choose equipment

Equalize all combat abilities?

• yes, players should be able to fight with every equipment/mount without penalty

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • no, players should be penalized if they use different equipment/mount to their class

Votes: 31 75.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Remove the class system, equalize all stats, and allow each person to freely choose what equipment/mounts they want only limited by gold(or some other limiting system based on kill to death ratio)

all combat capabilities should be equal

I am frustrated i cannot shoot with the same accuracy or ride with the same speed or run as fast as my opponent with the same armor and equipment just bc i have a lower running, riding or shooting skill ( they are hidden skill levels with every class you select, so you cannot shoot with the same accuracy with a bow if you do not select the archer class or ride at the same speed as someone who chooses the cavalry class)

i believe your character should be versatile and be able to use a mount or bow without being penalized.

every combat situation is different and calls for unique tactics which requires the use of a variety of equipment and mounts

to be killed in a combat situation bc your opponent has a statistical advantage based on class selection in either archery cavalry or infantry is unfair

if i am the best archer, infantry, and cavalryman in the game i should be able to play every role on the battlefield without being limited or penalized

the only combat variable should be speed, which should only be affected by the equipment you carry (which could be discarded)

when custom servers come out, someone please try this
i know this topic has been discussed alot but i want to focus on the idea of a complete elimination of any restricting systems on the player's ability to choose equipment or fight with any weapon or mount freely without penalty

thank you for reading

You pick infantry -> You are better in melee but can't use bows properly
You pick archer -> You can shoot people from a distance but aren't as good in melee

You're saying everyone should be archers who can also ride on horses and fight in melee like a dedicated melee warrior? And since the stats would be the same, everyone would have to go archer with some heavy armor so they wouldn't be at a disadvantage at any point. Hell, even Warband had a class system.

Everyone being able to do everything will just end up with everyone picking the same single best loadout every time.

Pls no equalizing. Each player should be able to select their wished uniqe ability combination (within different ratios) & their own perks/role equipments..

This makes field enriched. This increases cooperstion. This makes meaninful-balances easy. And, mode consept-rules are enough for a fun gameplay. Dont make all similar. Dont want it casual. Dont limit any part of customization.

The class system of warband was perfect, you had a general class for each role and then bought equipment of that class from the lowest to the highest quality available with the cash you earned during the battle itself.

There was absolutely no need to reinvent the wheel when it worked so damn well.

The class system of warband was perfect, you had a general class for each role and then bought equipment of that class from the lowest to the highest quality available with the cash you earned during the battle itself.

giphy.gif

Amen, seen and verified after all this time "testing" the game; yes, this is an established fact. In my opinion, for Captain mode it works because it is basically a 2.0 mode inherited from the NW Commander mode, for Skirmish I would look for a hybrid system (often commented---I'll bet for Orion's one) but of course I'll stick with the Warband system, because it's what works best and in the long term it broadens the strategic possibilities.

For example, in Duel modes, you would fight using your preferred combo gear for the sake of improving your skill for that specific combo. The custom loadout system allowed this; Bannerlord's one doesn't.

But hey... we've been over this ad nauseam...

----
Regarding OP's poll my vote is NO.

+1

You pick infantry -> You are better in melee but can't use bows properly
You pick archer -> You can shoot people from a distance but aren't as good in melee

You're saying everyone should be archers who can also ride on horses and fight in melee like a dedicated melee warrior? And since the stats would be the same, everyone would have to go archer with some heavy armor so they wouldn't be at a disadvantage at any point. Hell, even Warband had a class system.

Everyone being able to do everything will just end up with everyone picking the same single best loadout every time.
what is wrong with everyone picking the best loadout?

there is nothing wrong with people all going archer if they want,

having the gold system will lead to people not wasting the extra gold on bows and spending it on armor, weapons or mounts(given armor realistically deflects arrows)

even if gold wasnt an issue people would naturally choose other methods of playing based in their preferences;

yes archers are meta right now bc armor doesnt work, but to put penalties and restrictions on player playstyle choices are not the answer

giving players freedom to pick whatever role they want on the battlefield is the best decision

Yes let's just equalize everything so there exists a best strat which will become the only strat.
if that strat is fun for every to play why not?
i think you are assuming that the best strat is something that isnt fun for everyone to play,

like i guess without restrictions i would use 3 pilas a shield and on the fastest horse,

i can see how you might fear this would be annoying to play against and that everyone would just exploit the most seemingly unfair tactic

but i think that could be negated by debuffs to whatever that might be, for example that i came up with, greater range inaccuracy for mounted combat

i think you should be open to the idea and try it before assuming it will be awful
thank you for responding

Pls no equalizing. Each player should be able to select their wished uniqe ability combination (within different ratios) & their own perks/role equipments..

This makes field enriched. This increases cooperstion. This makes meaninful-balances easy. And, mode consept-rules are enough for a fun gameplay. Dont make all similar. Dont want it casual. Dont limit any part of customization.
i dont think that is a good idea,

i dont want to say i am good at the game but i do get outnumbered alot

and in those situations i have to fight a combination of cav inf and archers

if i was anything but inf i would be too slow and i would be overrun due to my lack of speed,
so i am restricted to only playing inf when outnumbered,

so when a cav or an archer plays against me i cannot ride a horse or shoot a bow with as much accuracy as my opponents,

i do not think that is fair or enjoyable

cooperation is a good idea but in my experience you should not be crippled to one role especially if your team is unable to support you/dead

For example, in Duel modes, you would fight using your preferred combo gear for the sake of improving your skill for that specific combo. The custom loadout system allowed this; Bannerlord's one doesn't.
Exactly and i miss this so much, i loved to train naked with my favorite weapon or the one i wanted to improve my skills and close to the end of the match just use the accumulated cash to go fully clad from head to toe and feel like a goddamn tank in battle, never gets old lol

Since bannerlord doesn't offer this experience and multiplayer is the most neglected part of the game (and this is saying alot) i just go back to warband when i want to have fun playing multiplayer.

the class system of bannerlord should only be used for captain mode and nothing else but as you said we had this discussion before more times than i can count..

100 stat man

Don't make anymore threads until you get better ideas
please list why you feel that way,

i get my ideas are unpopular but i would like to engage in a discussion on why you disagree,

thank you for replying

Just have a look at tdm Or skirmish right now, it’s exactly in favour of your suggestion. Why would anyone play such a misconception?
how is it what i am suggesting?

there are penalties in all game modes

please list why you feel that way,

i get my ideas are unpopular but i would like to engage in a discussion on why you disagree,

thank you for replying
Because your idea would mean that the brain power required to play would sink lower than it already is
You'd have horrible ****ing metas with archers running around with the best and most manvouerable gear without any melee proficiency penalties
So at that point what's the point of playing anything other than archers / horse archers for example? What's the point in classes?
To kill an archer you're supposed to close the gap and therefore you have an advantage against them up close, for example.

Your idea would be fine for an arcade style server. Which is fine.
But it shouldn't be the default state of multiplayer.
Warband's way was perfect. If it ain't broke,. don't fix it.

There needs to be 3 classes with different stats : archer, inf and cav. Equalizing is a bad ide
why is equalizing a bad idea? can you please explain?

i would rather have the warband 3 class system rather the new bannerlord system though

Because your idea would mean that the brain power required to play would sink lower than it already is
You'd have horrible ****ing metas with archers running around with the best and most manvouerable gear without any melee proficiency penalties
So at that point what's the point of playing anything other than archers / horse archers for example? What's the point in classes?
To kill an archer you're supposed to close the gap and therefore you have an advantage against them up close, for example.

Your idea would be fine for an arcade style server. Which is fine.
But it shouldn't be the default state of multiplayer.
Warband's way was perfect. If it ain't broke,. don't fix it.
in bannerlords system yes archers are meta and there is nothing you can do about it,

however if armor realistically deflected arrows then i think archers wouldnt be as overplayed as they now are,

but there needs to be a speed debuff to QUIVERS similar to what are on shields (a little more so archers cannot kite shield bearers)

i think it is realistic bc running with a quiver full of arrows is unrealistic and should slow you down,

however once you drop the quiver you can run normal speed

i get your afraid of people exploiting flaws the in game and using the cheapest strat to win but if everything was balanced then i think people would naturally play in different roles based on preference

Absolutely agreed. I just can't get over how the TW team was absolutely vehement in dpposition of a rework. I think Callum literally said "Classes are not going anywhere", and thats it.

what double post?

each post is a response to each individual replier,

am i missing something?

thank you for trying to help me organize though, i like to be neat
I mean you may notify several commentators in the same comment. :wink:

Double-posting/Duplicate Threads — If you wish to contribute further to a conversation, and yours was the last post in the thread, please edit your last post instead of creating a new one. Likewise, if a topic is already being discussed, please use the existing thread rather than creating duplicate threads. (rules)

Back
Top Bottom