TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Without particulars, it's hard to know what someone thinks of as "politicized" science, as he may in turn have politicized unscientific beliefs. But we can guess it's about Covid/measures/vaccines skepticism, because those people say such things. :smile:

Things are going great in Scandinavia.

We ****ed up so bad Snowden tweeted in Danish
"If only there had been some reason to investigate this many years ago.
Oh, why did no one warn us"
sv-q_.jpg

Of 22 European countries analysed in the report, data from 2014-2017 put the country in second place, behind Croatia and ahead of Latvia. In 2018 it topped the ranking, although data from some countries was not complete that year.

Between 2000 and 2003, Sweden was 18th out of the 22 countries for deadly shootings per capita. But after a long period of decline, deadly shootings began to increase in the mid-2000s and have continued to do so, the report found, whereas in most other countries in Europe lethal violence has declined.

_118734242_hi019735772.jpg
I know it doesn't fit the context of this particular news, but it just begs for the "x know, shut it down" caption or the "he's all in? pump it/dump it" one

Wasn't it also a Danish bank who got caught laundering record-breaking billions of Russian mafia/oligarch money and another one who was ears deep in the LIBOR manipulation scandal along with Deutsche Bank? You Danish like to play it like the whole country is a hygge kibutz, so mellow and progressive, but actually pretty ruthless behind the curtains :xf-grin:

Noice. If it works.
Edit:
"Facebook vice president Nick Clegg" Wait wtf? Nick Clegg, the former lib dem leader and deputy prime minister of the UK is now the vice president of Facebook?

Last edited:
"Facebook vice president Nick Clegg" Wait wtf? Nick Clegg, the former lib dem leader and deputy prime minister of the UK is now the vice president of Facebook?
For years now. What else would he do after he became infamous in the UK for promising free tuition then backing out of it when in (shared) power? Like Blair and Cameron, he spent his political capital and he's more of an embarrassment to his party than an asset.
Similarly, Theresa May became VP of Prisons in China Uyghur Corp.

U6Q85.jpg

@MadVader At first I thought another Barbie event has taken place...
I have ascended to a higher forum existence. It's also a good April Fool's Barbie-type joke, as it could be automated.
You have to refresh your avatar every once in a while, especially if you find a website for adding laser eyes in a simple way. :smile:
I was hoping it would be at least somewhat true, but you fooled me again ?
In a post truth world, it's true if you like the news.

Last edited:

I've just tried the new recipe... and I simply wonder... why Coca&Cola why ?!!

P.S. Haven't they almost started WWIII with a similar move in the mid-'80s?

Executives trying to earn their pay and bonuses? May be a pure marketing stunt and they will backtrack later.

This one is for "what made me laugh", but it's actual news. I love it when they go for maximum offensiveness on the international stage.
“The Mexicans came from the Indians, the Brazilians came from the jungle, but we Argentines came from the ships. And they were ships that came from Europe,”
Argentina’s president, Alberto Fernández, he is here all night.

Last edited:

I've just tried the new recipe... and I simply wonder... why Coca&Cola why ?!!

P.S. Haven't they almost started WWIII with a similar move in the mid-'80s?
For fun I tried a blind tasting experiment at work with some of my colleagues.
They had to guess if they were drinking regular (sugary) coca-cola, zero, regular pepsi or max.
It was in six different cups (to lower the chance of randomly getting it right).
No one guessed all of them, and even guessed wrong between the regular and diet ones, and coca cola and pepsi. They got between 2 and 3 of them right.

My guess is most people can't actually taste the difference. Some can, of course, but even then the difference is not significant.
What people like is mostly marketing and what they've been drinking from an early age.

For fun I tried a blind tasting experiment at work with some of my colleagues.
They had to guess if they were drinking regular (sugary) coca-cola, zero, regular pepsi or max.
It was in six different cups (to lower the chance of randomly getting it right).
No one guessed all of them, and even guessed wrong between the regular and diet ones, and coca cola and pepsi. They got between 2 and 3 of them right.
Yes, I guess in tests like that you will most likely fail to point out all the brands. Have you used any methodology behind (e.g. DOE) and randomized cups, etc? The funniest I saw was the 'anti-Pepsi' guy who blindly tested it on TV and couldn't show the right one, not even once. Later admitted Pepsi tasted better at the time.

My guess is most people can't actually taste the difference. Some can, of course, but even then the difference is not significant.
What people like is mostly marketing and what they've been drinking from an early age.
I am a simple cola zero addict that just received a different **** :wink:

No methodology. You also need a much bigger sample size, and perhaps a longer testing period. E.g. it has been proven that sweeter drinks tend to be more appealing here and now, but not necessarily in the long run.

It was for fun because someone said she only drank Pepsi Max, and distasted Coca cola, incl. zero.
It was the four colas, diet and regular, in newly opened bottles poured into 6 plastic cups marked with numbers only. (So two of the cups had the same in them).
Funny thing is she thought the same content tasted differently. It was almost random guesses.
I must admit I also tried and got 4 out of 6 right, even though I didn't think I could taste the difference. But it could have been luck. 25% chance of guessing right with each cup. Hence the 6 cups and not just 4.

It was for fun because someone said she only drank Pepsi Max, and distasted Coca cola, incl. zero.
It was the four colas, diet and regular, in newly opened bottles poured into 6 plastic cups marked with numbers only. (So two of the cups had the same in them).
A-ha casual office/lab testing - great time accelerator! Always funny and healthy :grin:

Now you get to guess your own diagnosis in a game of "will I die or go bankrupt."

In a 2018 analysis published in JAMA Open Network, researchers found that up to 90 percent of the symptoms that prompted an adult to go to the emergency room overlapped with symptoms of non-urgent conditions, which may be denied coverage in the future. But those same symptoms could also be linked to life-threatening conditions.

Maria Raven, chief of emergency medicine at the University of California, San Francisco—noted how problematic it is to retroactively evaluate emergency medical care. “My colleagues and I examined whether a patient’s symptoms at presentation to the ED could be labeled reliably as a non-emergency based on the discharge diagnosis—the diagnosis that Anthem is currently using to determine medical necessity,” she wrote. “We found it was impossible.”

Back
Top Bottom