Bannerlord Challenge:

Users who are viewing this thread

Can Taleworlds design a feature better than a mod with their 100 man company and 3 plus million sales?

Mods to look up for TWs:

Freelancer
Custom troop
Improved garrison
Diplomacy mod

And if you are wondering, Rebellions, the barber, and prison break I do not consider better than these.

This is what i expected bannerlord to have in like 2016. Call it whitepill but i still hope they can be included in a reforged edition (tw would be making market suicide without it). At least diplomacy, come on

Ikr... the custom troop mod alone has rekindled my interest in Bannerlord.

Something that rebellions in their current state do not provide.

I can sense that TW employees are very competent in both modeling and coding. Management however, is just that. A lot of people have questionable managers at their own work place.

If anyone is unaware of the Diplomacy mod, it has added a "factions" tab in kingdom management that can spark civil wars. Yes, full-fledged civil wars implemented in an engaging and CK inspired way. All done through the efforts of one mod.

Can Taleworlds design a feature better than a mod with their 100 man company and 3 plus million sales?

Mods to look up for TWs:

Freelancer
Custom troop
Improved garrison
Diplomacy mod

And if you are wondering, Rebellions, the barber, and prison break I do not consider better than these.
AAAaaaaw I wanted a bannerlord challenge for me!

They can to 100%. It depends on the person(s) who make the choices, though.
honestly i still believe the devs can do this but the problem is on the management
I can sense that TW employees are very competent in both modeling and coding. Management however, is just that. A lot of people have questionable managers at their own work place.

I agree. I think it's somebody saying "doesn't fit the vision" "too complicated" and just not coordinating thier workforce efficiently that's to blame for lack of interesting features and slow progress.

If anyone is unaware of the Diplomacy mod, it has added a "factions" tab in kingdom management that can spark civil wars. Yes, full-fledged civil wars implemented in an engaging and CK inspired way. All done through the efforts of one mod.
That sounds amazing, if 1.5.6 (yeah meant 1.6)doesn't drop soon maybe it's time for me to mod up for a bit. I'm not saying I have great anticipation for 1.5.6, but I usually like to play the update and report bugs.

Last edited:
That sounds amazing, if 1.5.6 doesn't drop soon maybe it's time for me to mod up for a bit. I'm not saying I have great anticipation for 1.5.6, but I usually like to play the update and report bugs.
I'm assuming you mean 1.6? If so yeah, I'm pretty excited to see if they improve the limit wager as it's kind of the only thing I'm looking forward to (aside from the modding debacle) since other info is under CIA protection. It's a system that has a lot of promise and gives much needed control over parties. Only wish they continue onto this trend and allow us to order our parties specifics like this,

I get that you're salty dude, but can you give it a break with the dev bashing? Bash the game all you want, it sure as hell deserves it and more, but putting your aim on actual people is just pathetic.

I get that you're salty dude, but can you give it a break with the dev bashing? Bash the game all you want, it sure as hell deserves it and more, but putting your aim on actual people is just pathetic.
Literally no one bashed any dev's in this thread though?

Everyone has generically started "TW" as in the company by itself, and this is fair to do.
Some people have stated quite specifically that this is a management problem, not a developer problem. This is also fair, and accurate given all the information we have, a lot of it from actual developers.

Can you chill with the blind white knighting? I don't mind you defending TW when it's deserved, or defending specific people, however, you making **** up is just a step too far.

Calling someone pathetic for doing something they actually didn't do is what is pathetic here.

I'm assuming you mean 1.6? If so yeah, I'm pretty excited to see if they improve the limit wager as it's kind of the only thing I'm looking forward to (aside from the modding debacle) since other info is under CIA protection. It's a system that has a lot of promise and gives much needed control over parties. Only wish they continue onto this trend and allow us to order our parties specifics like this,
Yep I meant 1.6.... or whatever they call the next one. That mod looks good. As it is when I make clan party they just kinda wander forever and ever killing the endlessly regenerating bandits. If I could order the around more it be a lot more enjoyable. I like if they would proactively do all the issues of the fief my clan owns too.

Literally no one bashed any dev's in this thread though?

Everyone has generically started "TW" as in the company by itself, and this is fair to do.
Some people have stated quite specifically that this is a management problem, not a developer problem. This is also fair, and accurate given all the information we have, a lot of it from actual developers.

Can you chill with the blind white knighting? I don't mind you defending TW when it's deserved, or defending specific people, however, you making **** up is just a step too far.

Calling someone pathetic for doing something they actually didn't do is what is pathetic here.
Designing and implementing features is a job of a developer, not a manager. The OP "literally" specifies he asks if TW is capable of designing features better than those in mods.

Also, I did not call anyone pathetic, I was saying that what he's doing is pathetic, which it is.

In my opinion the most likely thing to win your prize at the moment is the battle terrain system. I feel like this could be a massive boost to immersion if you can realy plan how and where to fight.

Designing and implementing features is a job of a developer, not a manager. The OP "literally" specifies he asks if TW is capable of designing features better than those in mods.

Also, I did not call anyone pathetic, I was saying that what he's doing is pathetic, which it is.
But the management of TW are the ones that decide what does and does not get implemented, not the developers.
If you read through the thread, you can see that everyone agrees that the devs are up for the job, and the problem lies with management not wanting to do do a better job.

There are plenty of examples where mexxico written on the forums that both his ideas and ideas of the community are getting rejected within 5 minutes by his managers.

Potato potato. He did not do anything pathetic though as he did not aim for an actual person, but rather TW itself.
You twisting his words, making it seem like he's personally attacking dev's is pathetic, especially considering it is a bold faced lie.

The OP "literally" specifies he asks if TW is capable of designing features better than those in mods.
I know this might sound harsh, but I don't view his stance as incorrect. The mods he listed far outshine any official intended gameplay imo.

Ya the tone is there, but why should his observation be silenced any more or less than someone praising the game?

@AnandaShanti, correct me if im wrong, but doesnt leaving a companion/clan member in the tavern/keep automatically take on settlement issues?

Seems like logic is an issue for you. Nobody is identified specifically, and this is the name of the game and the design team making the incredibly lackluster code in the game.

Last edited:
correct me if im wrong, but doesnt leaving a companion/clan member in the tavern/keep automatically take on settlement issues?
I think they have chance to solve them but I'm not 100% sure either. Also my family members teleport around, but I don't know if that matters. They may have a chance each time the teleport to a fief to solve a issue, but Idduno. I think the field parties have chance to solve an issue when they enter a village, but I think they only enter when they need to recruit. Regardless, there's always a abundance of ! all over my areas even with members in the area and in towns.
So idunno how much they do, but I want them to do more!

Back
Top Bottom