Call to Arms: Community Petition

Users who are viewing this thread

Sellion

Recruit
As many of you probably know, there are a few passionate discussions going on in the forums currently relating to the direction and state of the game. As much as I didn't want to create another thread, only further adding to the chaos and splitting discussion, I felt it necessary as this is an important matter of its own that deserves the attention of the community and hopefully will grab the attention of Taleworlds as well. I have created a petition so that the community's collective voice can be heard loud and clear and so that Taleworlds can see how many of us truly feel passionate about this issue currently going on within the modding community.

If you can, I encourage you all to share this throughout the community and with your favorite modders so that maybe they can help bring awareness to this issue and we can help show Taleworlds how much we truly do care about this issue and wish to see this game prosper into the future.

Here is a link to the petition to sign: http://chng.it/94m2Z77Sgj

A petition, eh? Hmm.. I like that idea. They're a solid concept. The description is pretty solid too (though I would include more key topics than just the open letter). I'll sign later.

Though I wonder, how many licks will it take to get to the center of TW's attention?

I like the game as it is, I'm playing it in 1.5.8 with a lot of mods. But by other side I fell that this game was a lost opportunity to put Taleworlds in the top, to many wasted work, like the useless scenes, and few things that bring us to medieval ages. It's funny, but only recently I noticed that nobody interact with me,besides Radgos and my bore companion when I loot a village,but no noble, no notable, no bandit chief, absolutely nobody look for me to ask me to do anything during the entire game. I'm feeling alone in Calardia.

If only it took some of the self-entitled complaining off the forum. It was funny for a while - in a laughing-at-you-not-with-you kind of way.

*shrug*

I think you need to add more specifically what you want into the petition description.

Is it just the removal of "internal" hard coding tags? If so, this is really easy to miss this when you read through the petition. I think there is too much padding and semi-dramatic language in the text.

What I am saying is it needs to be clear and simple. (Less is often more)

Last edited:
Don't like the topic don't post in the thread. Simple as that.

Ahhh... the crier in chief...

Perhaps that statement also applies to the legitimate game focused threads that you post 80% of your "smart" remarks in?

For the record... I happen to think that a petition is a much better use of energy that complaining in a way that no developer will ever bother reading - i.e. in every single post.

A petition, eh? Hmm.. I like that idea. They're a solid concept. The description is pretty solid too (though I would include more key topics than just the open letter). I'll sign later.

Though I wonder, how many licks will it take to get to the center of TW's attention?
I think you need to add more specifically what you want into the petition description.

Is it just the removal of "internal" hard coding tags? if so, its really easy to miss this when you read the petition.

I guess what I am saying is it needs to be clear and simple.
Thank you for the replies and constructive criticism, I will be the first to admit that this petition is not perfect in the slightest especially since I do not have a full grasp of the situation since I am not a modder myself. It was why in the petition itself I linked to the forum and open letter since it would do the best at explaining it than I ever could myself. I tried to keep it as clear and simple as I could to address the issue at hand without muddying it further with my own inexperience on the matter and leave the finer details to those more suited to explain them.

Not intended as a shot at you OP, but I'm very very skeptical (to put it mildly) that if they haven't listened to the modders in any meaningful fashion up to now, that a change.org petition would do anything to meaningfully catch their attention.

Not intended as a shot at you OP, but I'm very very skeptical (to put it mildly) that if they haven't listened to the modders in any meaningful fashion up to now, that a change.org petition would do anything to meaningfully catch their attention.
There is always that risk, but I do have faith in Taleworlds that they would listen to their community if we made it known, which is the true purpose of the petition. There is always the chance that they won't listen and it was wasted time and effort on my behalf, but it was a risk I was willing to take since I felt passionate enough about this topic and I love this game and its modding community so much since I see the potential it truly has as time goes on.

Ahhh... the crier in chief...

Perhaps that statement also applies to the legitimate game focused threads that you post 80% of your "smart" remarks in?

For the record... I happen to think that a petition is a much better use of energy that complaining in a way that no developer will ever bother reading - i.e. in every single post.
You are doing most of the crying in here chief. That seems to be lost on you.

I like the game as it is, I'm playing it in 1.5.8 with a lot of mods.
That's the only way the game is playable for me, using mods to fill the giant gaps left by Taleworlds, the problem is that even the modders are getting fedup and starting to leave since TW is refusing to make simple changes that would be a world of difference to modders and even worse, they seem to be planing to place new restrictions when people were nicely asking them to remove those already there..

You are doing most of the crying in here chief. That seems to be lost on you.

Perhaps call me a cynic... but I've seen this all happen before. The Total War series locked modders out of many features about 6/7 years ago after Attila Total War. Since then sales have grown, much to the chagrin of those who lived through mods. And the best modders moved elsewhere - or stayed on Attila.

Perhaps this will be different, and Taleworlds will listen to you. Perhaps they already have listened to you and what you're after is coming soon* I hope so, or not, I don't really care either way. But for your sanity I hope so.

*heh

I don't mean to derail this thread any further, but if no developer/CM will respond on their official forums, what makes you think a third-party petition will be any more efficient? I mean, there is an entire poll system that has been used in many instances here, with nearly none of them garnering any attention.

Edit: Unless I am unmistaken, the only way to access this petition via link is through this thread. This makes this:
no developer will ever bother reading - i.e. in every single post.
quite problematic.

There is a chance that they won't see it at all or that the petition won't go anywhere. I had plans to post it in other threads where the topic of discussion is going on but I didn't want to risk it being seen as spam or taking away from their own discussions. Hence the hopes that the community would share it with modders or modders would notice the thread and find ways to share it with more and more people as well. In all honesty, the ideal scenario would be if a modder put up a post about it to their audience to make it known. If that is likely to happen or not is a good question and out of my hands, but I remain healthily optimistic since this situation has caused the loss of one of my most beloved mod creators and I hope to avoid that from happening with others since there are many great mod creators in the community.

Perhaps call me a cynic... but I've seen this all happen before. The Total War series locked modders out of many features about 6/7 years ago after Attila Total War. Since then sales have grown, much to the chagrin of those who lived through mods. And the best modders moved elsewhere - or stayed on Attila.

Perhaps this will be different, and Taleworlds will listen to you. Perhaps they already have listened to you and what you're after is coming soon* I hope so, or not, I don't really care either way. But for your sanity I hope so.

*heh
Bro we get it, you're smart and all. Can you sign the petition now and go back ontopic?

I don't mean to derail this thread any further, but if no developer/CM will respond on their official forums, what makes you think a third-party petition will be any more efficient? I mean, there is an entire poll system that has been used in many instances here, with nearly none of them garnering any attention.

Edit: Unless I am unmistaken, the only way to access this petition via link is through this thread. This makes this:

quite problematic.

Developers do respond in these forums. They respond in the support forums, and they respond into genuine and constructive threads that they have something to input into. But it must be a nightmare trying to filter out the things they can answer from the sea of complaints that they can't respond to.

E.g. look at Dejan's activity: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?members/dejan.483507/#latest-activity

That's more posts than I have made in the last week - including this thread. But you'll note also, that the posts are where they can be constructive and not just answering every complaining post.

Bro we get it, you're smart and all. Can you sign the petition now and go back ontopic?

Your.

Developers do respond in these forums. They respond in the support forums, and they respond into genuine and constructive threads that they have something to input into. But it must be a nightmare trying to filter out the things they can answer from the sea of complaints that they can't respond to.

E.g. look at Dejan's activity: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?members/dejan.483507/#latest-activity

That's more posts than I have made in the last week - including this thread. But you'll note also, that the posts are where they can be constructive and not just answering every complaining post.

Your.
Your means “belongs to you”, does his smartness belong to him or are you addressing him as such?

The correct English is "You are smart" or "you're smart."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom