What does the community want?

Which one of these best applies to you at the moment?

• I play Bannerlord Multiplayer

• I would play Bannerlord Multiplayer if we had dedicated servers.

• I would play Bannerlord Multiplayer if we had multiplayer mods.

• I am a mod developer and am waiting for MP mods support.

• I am a mod developer and I need more SP modding support.

• I would play Bannerlord singleplayer if it were expanded further.

• I only play Bannerlord Singleplayer and am not interested in the Multiplayer experince

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

My entire point during this is that good communication on both sides needs to have people be more polite, and not just bash the game in general.

I joined this forum two days ago, there is no possible way that I could possibly help as many people on this forum and report as many bugs on this forum as you have. What I've been trying to contribute is to let people actually think for a second before they go all doomsday and listen to only half of what a dev says. That has always been what I tried to do. Also, if that's being schooled in an argument, I'm kinda shocked ngl.

It was both being haha clever and also my thoughts on this thread. Just as the mod said, this thread devolved quickly, and even this last part, on both sides OP and those against him.

Overall, I do have some things to add. Personally, I want pretty much everything added in this (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...kwards-in-multiple-areas-from-warband.431963/) thread. With these added, which they still haven't been, I will consider Bannerlord to be the better game between Warband and itself.
There is simply no hope for this game. Almost everybody bashing the game isn't trying to solve anything at this point, it's about having a good time, making the criticisms loud and clear, and reflecting on this black situation. Nobody actually expects the situation to change. TW will continue to do what they're doing regardless of what people do on here.
Why is an expanded multiplayer experience important to you?
Because M&B multiplayer has been something incredibly special. I've always loved the combat, its (relative) realism, its thrill, and its skill ceiling, but this game failed more in this department than probably anything else. The MP is incredibly shallow, full of issues, badly designed game modes, and MP quickly dying makes this painfully obvious.
How important is the Warband/Bannerlord community to you?
It's pretty important, they have made M&B what it is. Yet it is on a serious downhill decline due to this situation, and its future looks grim, and TW has no respect for it.
Why is an expanded Singleplayer experience important to you?
It's important because the singleplayer could be one of the most groundbreaking SP experiences in gaming yet if it was well designed and far more expanded than it is now. But that is now so far out of the realm of possibility. That's what makes this whole situation so much more maddening than it apparently should be because this game leaves you with a taste that it has the potential to blow Warband out of the water, but is currently in such a mediocre state. On top of that, TW is greatly contented with the current status and wants to fully release it and move on as quickly as possible, recognizing none of that potential.
What would you do if you were in Taleworlds shoes?
Clearly, TW has gotten themselves in a royal mess of sorts, and if I was in charge, I'd publicly apologize and implement transparency in what went wrong, because clearly, something went terribly wrong. Something involving the leadership or organization has severely handicapped TW's ability and capacity to develop the game, and the code, I hear, is an absolute mess. A big company change in some way involving the organization would probably be the only way to tackle the root of the problem. Oh, and maybe communicating and actually LISTENING from the top to the community would change the mood of the forums. But maybe the situation and game is so ****ed that no matter who's in charge, they can't implement anything significant. But if that were true, it's very strange that individual modders have fixed so many issues that TW can't fix or refuses to fix.

But nothing significantly good will happen. The game is not having any significant innovation. The modding scene may or may not save the game due to recent developments. I admire your optimism, but it is poorly placed. Also, your poor wording and loaded proclamations in several instances are causing this backlash from people.
Oh Gods please let this turn into one of the threads of guys posting thier shirtless karate pics! We haven't had in a good while now!
Wait... What?

There is simply no hope for this game. Almost everybody bashing the game isn't trying to solve anything at this point, it's about having a good time, making the criticisms loud and clear, and reflecting on this black situation. Nobody actually expects the situation to change. TW will continue to do what they're doing regardless of what people do on here.
I'm sorry, but if this is what you constitute as having "no hope for a game" that really isn't much. Games have been in worse states and gone on to do great things, just look at two titles, No Man Sky and also DayZ. Both of these games have been in "no hope" states yet after years of work they have gone on to succeed. And, to be quite frank, if you're bashing the game on these forums when people are trying to actually fix the game since they still have hope, then that's just a ****ty move. It makes it harder for people who have actual complaints and critiques to look good, and therefor get their complaint to be looked at more seriously.

I hope OP realizes by this point what the community wants is to be mad.
The rants get the headlines, but there's a lot of constructive discussion in the threads. Some people feel cheated and are frustrated that they can't do anything about it. Other people want moderate changes that would make the game decent at least.
And then there are the white knights. They contribute as little as the worst rants, and all they want is for the complaints to stop, because they can't deal with them for some reason. They even get delusional and do incredible mental gymnastics just to put a positive spin on every little thing. That's not helpful at all and this thread demonstrates that very well.

let me tell you something about money:

when people say "we bought the game and we expect the promised things" they are right, but that doesn't quite hit the spot.

If Bannerlord were listed on stock exchanges, we would be the investors (and of course we are in a sense).
With all this uncertainty and frustration and the near total lack of communication TW is corrupting the confidence of its investors and companies are not doing that!

But we have not bought shares that can collapse in their value but a game and the money taken does not take away anyone ... sooo incorrect

Personally I just want them to fix as many existing bugs and issues that currently exists. I will be content if they do that and call it a full release. The game won't be as good as I expected, especially modding-wise, but I won't feel "betrayed" or regrets. It's not like I have some kind of responsibility to make this game good, or that this game being a failure will damage my reputation and thus ego. I feel no such frustration. It's just a sequel of an old game I love. Big deal if it's underwhelming. Of course, this experience will make me more doubtful when Taleworlds release anything in the future.

Good attempt by gesha, but if I could give some feedback on the thread...

You should ask for answers on more specific subjects, right now your questions deal on extremely broad subject, and seeing as this kind of thread has been done to death, it is honestly not that surprising not a lot of people bother answering, especially since most of what there is to say has already been said.

For a broad answer though: more player agency, even if it means giving them more things to do than AI lords, deeper mechanics or at least more full-fleshed ones, taking advantage of what is already there (so much missed opportunity, simple changes)... Make everything matter more, I am part of those who liked the fact AI lords recruited from the same slots as players, it made my relationship with notables matter, while right now I absolutely don’t care (For example).

Last edited:
If Bannerlord were listed on stock exchanges, we would be the investors (and of course we are in a sense).
No, we are really not. There is no legal transaction that happened that makes a simple purchase like being an investor on a stock exchange, barring the very fundamental fact that even investors are not necessarily shareholders that have a vote on what a company must do to return your investment, particularly not if they only own 1/5000 000 the of a share of a company (do not know the game purchases now).

I find this comparison is kind of the problem. A purchase transaction is wholy different and we have no claim beyond (in the EU and elsewhere mandatory) 2 week refund, no questions asked.

All the rest now is an entirely voluntary PR thing and business wise the only concern is potential sales of expansions/DLC or new titles and that we may be more wary to buy another Taleworld game in EA state, but tbh I spent my 40 bucks back then under the premise "Oh, well, spent 40 bucks on other useless stuff before".

I just think people may consider being a bit more chill. Even if all the grievances are justified... what you do in life when met with disappointment is move on and do not write yourself into a frenzy like that. It's a game, not a hospital screwing up a surgery of your loved one.

First of all I am not an ass licker <snip>

Second, I have to say that this is the saddest and, at the same time, most pathetic response this thread has gotten. I mean cmon you could not be more spineless than that. "I have no power, I have no choice, everything is ****ed, blablabla". If I was even coming close to being so desperate I would have stopped hanging out here long ago. Maybe you should do like your steam friends and move on.

That's the only sane part of your responce:

If TaleWorlds was actively trying to make changes, but productivity problems at the moment prevented them from doing so, they could say so and 85% of the forum would understand, as would I.

The rest is just *****ing. Read it again once the game is fully released and you are over the "poor me no choice frustrated chump" thing.

If I was taleworlds I would not even think about improving a game for community of players like you.

So...what was it that you were trying to get across with this post?

Nowhere did I say that you were an ass licker. If you take a moment to actually read what I said, you'll find that I was responding to your strawman argument about pro-TaleWorlds people being afraid to post, and I responded by saying there's multiple new people a week who create an account and come on this forum specifically to mindlessly brown nose and white knight for TaleWorlds, thus disproving your point that people with a different opinion would be afraid from posting.

As for the rest if your post; I am happy to get banned from this forum if I have to. I have spent over 5000 hours in Warband, and hundreds of hours reading/posting on this forum. So clearly I care enough. If you want to consider me spending that much time 'pathetic', then that's a fair opinion. However, I clearly care enough about this game and franchise to spend as much time as I have engaging in discussions relating to it that me being willing to cop a ban, or even the hatred of TaleWorlds as a whole, to get some change, that my actions clearly aren't "spineless". I gave you the explanation relating to agency because you were clearly not understanding what "product of the environment" means in my previous argument. A person becomes a product of their environment if the environment cannot be moved, and as such can only respond to the conditions. Everything about the concept of "product of the environment" relates to agency, which based on the post that I was responding to, you clearly didn't understand.

I understand that you're upset because you don't understand what's been happening around here and as a result simply don't get why people are rightfully upset, but if your entire posts end up becoming ad hominem and strawman attacks, then you end up looking like more of a toxic jackass than I do, which is an amusing irony I've seen on this forum more times than I can remember.

...this thread demonstrates that very well.

Oh, it does. It very much does. Also demonstrates how easily many of you 'forum veterans' can get so incredibly riled up by a single person and struggle to remain mature and civil. It's sad, but also entertaining.

On the topic of the thread itself, and the "questions": I selected the last option (I only play Bannerlord SP and am not interested in the Multiplayer experience) but I don't really care for the rest. I just want a fully functional game with expanded features. Something that cannot define the current state of the game. How long until then.. I don't know.

Last edited:
Oh, it does. It very much does. Also demonstrates how easily many of you 'forum veterans' can get so incredibly riled up by a single person and struggle to remain mature and civil. It's sad, but also entertaining.

Haha I agree.

I think ranks should be reversed so that your forum rank is high to start with... and then gets lower and lower the more time that you spend trawling over these forums... finally attaining the hallowed, lowly rank of " Forum Rat ". :wink:

Having said that, I do think the OP is far too positive ... like unjustifiably so. (Hence the rather understandable reaction)

Last edited:
Battle gamemode would be great indeed. Thats what I played the most in Warband Native MP. The arena map with ~20 players.

As for premade classes thing, I dont mind the change that much than the rest of forum posters I guess. And also I doubt TW is going to make it an option for player-run servers. My personal prediction - its gonna become a modded server thing if that many people want it.
The more customizable MP servers are, the more popular. For example, adding friendly fire to siege MP changes so much.

Lastly, can we please refrain from filling this thread with garbage TW good or TW bad debatelord ****. It literally doesnt matter. If you see some debater post irrelevant ****, just ignore them.

I find it interesting that 50% of the players aren't interested in the online aspect. I thought it would be somewhere around 20-30% max.
Maybe it's even more, I'd imagine most SP only players don't really visit the forums as much as MP players. May be wrong though. TW probably knows that.

Hello fellow raiders!

I've been following the discussion on some parts of the forum and Youtube and it seems to me there is a misalignment of the direction TW is going and what the community, at least the majority of it on the forums, wants. So, I propose we have a mature discussion about it, leaving all the hostility, frustrations and "TW DOESNT CARE ABOUT US" at the door.

Having said that let's not forget that TW delivered an insane game, I mean c'mon guys what other game supports 1000 NPC third person battles with such stunning visuals? In a lot of aspects it is a huge step forward from warband and I think that a lot people fail to give TW enough credit for that.

--------------------------

So...
Looking at Bannerlord's steam charts currently there are about 15k players per day, which I find interesting because the multiplayer servers have very few players. Yes there are a lot of people playing the recent Bannerlord Online mod (right now ~400 total). But still, I must presume those are 15k players are mostly singleplayer players.

Jumping into Warband multiplayer I saw that there is a considerably larger amount of players, compared to Bannerlord's multiplayer but compared to warband's steam charts there are around 4,5-5k players a day. So the logical deduction, it seems to me, is that a lot more players are choosing Warband's Multiplayer to Bannerlord's Multiplayer and vice versa for the singleplayer aspects. This seems to be reflected by the updates that we have had for Bannerlord - largely singleplayer focused.

Knowing that there is, even though somewhat limited, support for singleplayer modding and virtually no support for multiplayer modding and even server creation, the question is: How many players would actually want to partake in: Native Multiplayer, Modded Multiplayer, MP and SP mod development if these were available?

I invite all of you to vote in the POLL on this thread, it is important to know what the community actually wants.
Seeing how many thousands of players joined Bannerlord Online when it first launched this seems to indicate there is a huge demand for more online feature support, so let's see how true this actually is. I ask you to send this thread to your fellow warparty members, so we can get as many votes and responses as possible!

------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I want to know what YOU think.

Why is an expanded multiplayer experience important to you?
How important is the Warband/Bannerlord community to you?
Why is an expanded Singleplayer experience important to you?
What would you do if you were in Taleworlds shoes?

And, please! Keep it mature. Keep the bashing and blamegame on a separate thread. TW has been working on this masterpiece game for almost 10 years now and they delivered, don't forget that. It is normal and understandable to lose direction a little bit over a decade. I think we can all forgive them about this and help them to better understand the community's needs and steer the ship in the right direction!
Problem is that TW is oversteched.If i remmmemebr correctly for years it was plan for them to focus on SP only and once its finished/or near the end of making SP then they will dive into MP.That was also with Modding Tools bcs ORIGINALY modding tools was projected to be worked on AFTER the game is Finished cbs that way it would be so much easyer nad faster for Devs cbs they would have free up manpower and also it would be much easyer bcs the game wouldve been finished so they can without much problems soly focus on Mooding Toos BUT TAHNSK TO CONSATNT COMMUNITY BIT*HING TW stupidy ended going with making SP,MP and Modding Tools at the same time witch DEFFINETLY oversterched them and made it so they waste time nad resorces nad dividint stuff ending in brkoen mess of SP,MP and MT wich hen resuthss in even more bit**ing of community cbs now they alos have people form MP,MT side that joined in the bit**ing.

TW made HUGE MISTAKE imo by tackling everything at the ssame time due to community constant preassure and attack instead they shouldve stick to their original plans of just all focusing on SP while MP side of things being slowly worked on in the backgrboud and then after the game is feature coplete or fully relesetd THEN the shouldve started to fully on go into making Modding Tools (they can like have 1/3 poeel that woud be dedicated to making Mooding Tool but in the backgroud/behind the scenes during games development and te just once gae is released the rest can then joinn and then in full force focus their resorces towards Mooding Tools.

Battle gamemode would be great indeed. Thats what I played the most in Warband Native MP. The arena map with ~20 players.

As for premade classes thing, I dont mind the change that much than the rest of forum posters I guess. And also I doubt TW is going to make it an option for player-run servers. My personal prediction - its gonna become a modded server thing if that many people want it.
The more customizable MP servers are, the more popular. For example, adding friendly fire to siege MP changes so much.

Lastly, can we please refrain from filling this thread with garbage TW good or TW bad debatelord ****. It literally doesnt matter. If you see some debater post irrelevant ****, just ignore them.
Premade classes are even better in my opinion. Indeed at first it felt like the old system is a "missing thing" from warband, but now people don't even notice it.
If it was a mod I don't think that many people would care enough to get into it.
Multiplayer is ALMOST, "cough cough" cav menavlion, balanced, it would be like why fix what's not broken. Maybe some people would miss it just due to nostalgia, but when the server's get populated again and the mods and dedicated servers are released, most of that will be gone anyway.

I find it interesting that 50% of the players aren't interested in the online aspect. I thought it would be somewhere around 20-30% max.
Maybe it's even more, I'd imagine most SP only players don't really visit the forums as much as MP players. May be wrong though. TW probably knows that.
Multiplayer is ALMOST, "cough cough" cav menavlion, balanced, it would be like why fix what's not broken. Maybe some people would miss it just due to nostalgia, but when the server's get populated again and the mods and dedicated servers are released, most of that will be gone anyway.
There definitely is a multiplayer community on these forums, but they spend more time on the dedicated section. From what I've heard, if you think people here are angry, you will have a hard time going through their threads :party:

Can't talk much about multi though, tried it at release, played a bit of commander but that's it.

Back
Top Bottom