Taleworlds, it's time to shut down this multiplayer

Should TW shut down all multiplayer servers immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 79 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 45.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Its clear that multiplayer is dying, and Taleworlds is nowhere to be found. I don't know what's going on there, whether they're still working on things outside of small bugfixes or not, but whatever Taleworlds is doing, its not working. The longer that this neglected multiplayer goes on, the more players that give up and leave the game. If Taleworlds wants this game's multiplayer to have any future, they should shut down all servers immediately. Allowing this broken, barely playable game to exist is only doing harm to the community and killing any future the game has. Open servers back up when you fix the game and can release the custom server files. Don't actively make your game worse with buggy hotfixes that add nothing. This game is hemorrhaging players and if you want to stop the bleeding, you need to cauterize the wound. Shut it down.

I know it might sounds extreme, but just stop and take a moment to think about it. If Taleworlds shuts down the multiplayer, even for a few months, and works on improving it without breaking the game every 2 weeks with hotfixes, then many people will come back when it reopens. And if the game is greatly improved without the endless slew of new bugs and crashes, then those people might even stay.

I know it might sounds extreme, but just stop and take a moment to think about it. If Taleworlds shuts down the multiplayer, even for a few months, and works on improving it without breaking the game every 2 weeks with hotfixes, then many people will come back when it reopens. And if the game is greatly improved without the endless slew of new bugs and crashes, then those people might even stay.
Your logic is horribly flawed. They haven't released an update since 2 months and fixed some very small things in the meantime.

Like what would change if they shut it down? How would they have more time suddenly? It doesn't make sense as they aren't spending time on fixes and even if they were spending time on them then they still have to do that if MP would be down.

Just a stupid rant from a delusional forum warrior who thinks developers magically get more time if servers aren't running.

What TW needs is just proper software management including good testing and Q&A. It is visible from the outside how bad the management is meaning that on the inside it must be the dumpster fire of the century.

Your logic is horribly flawed. They haven't released an update since 2 months and fixed some very small things in the meantime.

Like what would change if they shut it down? How would they have more time suddenly? It doesn't make sense as they aren't spending time on fixes and even if they were spending time on them then they still have to do that if MP would be down.

Just a stupid rant from a delusional forum warrior who thinks developers magically get more time if servers aren't running.
I never said anything about more time. My primary concern is that the existence of multiplayer is actively killing the community and if this stagnation continues, there will be nothing left by the time the developers decide to start working on it. If the game isn't going to be improved, then it should not be released to players.

I never said anything about more time. My primary concern is that the existence of multiplayer is actively killing the community and if this stagnation continues, there will be nothing left by the time the developers decide to start working on it. If the game isn't going to be improved, then it should not be released to players.
Why are you writing so much **** then? Your opinion is just "No game is better than this garbage, shutting it down would benefit the community"

Which is equally as bad, you just remove the people who currently still play it. Everyone knows how **** it is and shutting it down won't make it less **** in 2 weeks. You are basically just saying that people should stop playing for 2 months and come back as that is the exact same thing but then forced by the developers.

Will shutting it down speed up development? Marginally, at most.
Will it save some people from finding a horrible experience and never touching it again, and even bring new players when it's eventually re-launched? Yeah.

Honestly though, a complete shutdown is unlikely. IMO, what the MP needs is another closed access phase (think Beta 2.0 lol) where they actuallly work on core issues (custom servers missing being #1) and closely work with the community on things like balancing issues. That gonna happen? Doubt it.

oh btw, if any of the developers are reading this, could you please tell me why it's taking months to tune things like damange values, javelin stack amounts etc. when it's basically just changing numbers in a textfile? Not talking about mechanics here, just the easy things.

oh btw, if any of the developers are reading this, could you please tell me why it's taking months to tune things like damange values, javelin stack amounts etc. when it's basically just changing numbers in a textfile? Not talking about mechanics here, just the easy things.
They said all the changes are intertwined with each other so releasing them one-by-one would unbalance the game more (if that is possible). I do agree with this but then they should never have let it come to this point that the backlog is so damn big.

They promised they would do way more small and quick changes like proper agile style but of course they returned to a waterfall style approach.
What else to expect from the dumpster-fire-of-the-century-management that they employed. After a damn decade there still is worse than god awful management.

Why are you writing so much **** then? Your opinion is just "No game is better than this garbage, shutting it down would benefit the community"
I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
You are basically just saying that people should stop playing for 2 months and come back as that is the exact same thing but then forced by the developers.
Yes. Shut it down!
IMO, what the MP needs is another closed access phase (think Beta 2.0 lol) where they actuallly work on core issues (custom servers missing being #1) and closely work with the community on things like balancing issues. That gonna happen? Doubt it.
This would be great if they agreed to take feedback and improve the game.

Some of you are seriously imaging shutting down the MP and letting the MP completely to Taleworlds mastermind after they have proven to be bad at designing it after 8 years that it will magically fix it?

L M A O

Some of you are seriously imaging shutting down the MP and letting the MP completely to Taleworlds mastermind after they have proven to be bad at designing it after 8 years that it will magically fix it?

L M A O
The problem is that they are actively destroying the player base. I'm not expecting Taleworlds to magically fix anything, but the least they could do is bring this nightmare to an end. For all we know they have abandoned multiplayer, and its not like player feedback is getting through to them anyways.

The problem is that they are actively destroying the player base. I'm not expecting Taleworlds to magically fix anything, but the least they could do is bring this nightmare to an end. For all we know they have abandoned multiplayer, and its not like player feedback is getting through to them anyways.
Are you even saying there is a playerbase? I am denying it's complete existence. A bunch of players clinging on the promise of the game getting better isn't a playerbase. It's simply a bunch of people in denial.

Are you even saying there is a playerbase? I am denying it's complete existence. A bunch of players clinging on the promise of the game getting better isn't a playerbase. It's simply a bunch of people in denial.
Then why not shut it down? More people will return if they re-release it later. The playerbase can start anew.

Nah man, the people playing now aren't in denial anymore. It's just a big meme about TW and how **** the game is

[...] Honestly though, a complete shutdown is unlikely. IMO, what the MP needs is another closed access phase (think Beta 2.0 lol) where they actuallly work on core issues (custom servers missing being #1) and closely work with the community on things like balancing issues. That gonna happen? Doubt it. [...]
☝️ This

In a happy arcadia this would be the sensible thing to do. The problem, as I see it, is that Taleworlds is unwilling (or presumably currently unwilling) to change the fundamentals of the systems one iota. It's also true, that this... call it "good intentions".... "hope"... ... "willingness to help" ... is currently in short supply for many fans-feedbackers. I mean, a lot has to change in Taleworlds proactivity in building bridges, so that the planets align again to achieve the initial volume of feedback (alpha - closed beta 2019/2020) in a productive synergy.

giphy.gif

I dont see a logic in your idea at all, digital game is not a retail shop, it doesnt needs a 24 hour maintaince busyness for developers, so closing game will not change developing speed at all, obviusly
Also ez solution for your "problem" - grow a balls and stop playing bannerlord if it does so much harm for your life
There are quite a bunch of people who actually gets fun from playing MP, so dont project your love/hate relationship towards the game into a full closement, just leave it for a some time...

Back
Top Bottom