An open letter from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the total-conversion mod community

Users who are viewing this thread

giphy.gif

Taleworlds, I honestly say... with this kind of decision you are just throwing stones on your own roof... and we already know that it doesn't rest on a solid enough foundation.

For now the benefit of the doubt is on the fan's table but who knows how long it will last? Taleworlds needs to bring the proposal to the meeting discussion table asap and treat it as a must priority.

Oh nice so now they won't even let mods save the game. Good to know I can let go of the last bit of hope I had for this thing.

@Dejan so just to be clear, there is a possibility that the internal keywords will be removed in future, correct?

sure didn't sound like it based on the fact that they *added* a bunch of internals in whatever the **** they've been doing recently

Anyway, I'm done with modding. I will release one last thing because I promised to some people and don't want to waste their efforts but apart from that, I'm done with modding to this game.
With these latest arrogant actions, Taleworlds proved that they are not willing to help out their modders - modders who are making this piece of misery somewhat playable. Adding more internal keywords to code and explaining this has been done for consistency is beyond being pathetic. TW is unaware of how modding works or doesn't know their own inconsistent crappy codebase. In either way, the overall approach of TW is not friendly. I'm personally not okay with making something for a company that doesn't give a jack about the modders and blocks them but still takes the sweet credit and AAA price out of it.
@Dejan Just to put things in perspective, his mods have 66,939 unique downloads, are up to date, and have no bugs waiting to be fixed. His mod Freelancer is truly great.

Anyway, I'm done with modding. I will release one last thing because I promised to some people and don't want to waste their efforts but apart from that, I'm done with modding to this game.
With these latest arrogant actions, Taleworlds proved that they are not willing to help out their modders - modders who are making this piece of misery somewhat playable. Adding more internal keywords to code and explaining this has been done for consistency is beyond being pathetic. TW is unaware of how modding works or doesn't know their own inconsistent crappy codebase. In either way, the overall approach of TW is not friendly. I'm personally not okay with making something for a company that doesn't give a jack about the modders and blocks them but still takes the sweet credit and AAA price out of it.
An absolute shame, however very warranted and understandable. It is beyond despicable how TW is feeding off this free labour, while also doing many things in their power to tie modders' arms behind their back. It's a business practice that hurts everyone involved except for their egos.

I need to use these mods not just to find enjoyment, but for the game world to actually make sense and feel alive. I have every single one of your mods downloaded and used for my campaigns, so for that, thank you.

Inappropriate behavior
Jeeeezzzuuuussss -snip-." Everyone waits patiently for word, any word! Just some good words from the developers on "hey, we are fixing a-z and doing 1-x" and instead they say "**** you, die!"

Someone said this is like TW throwing rocks at their own roof... I disagree, this is like TW SHOOTING at their CUSTOMERS houses and then burning a few down while standing back and going "you dare say we are not perfect? Look how welcoming and open we are!"

-snip-

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, all the internal tags are removed because from a purely cost-basis analysis it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to do otherwise.

Let your modders do the work for you, Taleworlds. The alternative is further damaging your brand as a developer among your dedicated fanbase and forums. Bannerlord multiplayer is a hollow shell and casual matchmaking is practically dead in North America. It's been over a year since the Early Access release, at this rate custom servers and enhanced modding capabilities will save this game. Do a rudimentary SWOT analysis on what made Warband so successful and how to capitalize on it, you'll find that longevity comes from replayability. Multiplayer and modding add their own distinct layers of replayability, especially when combined. Taleworlds is uniquely positioned in the multiplayer medieval game market when it comes to mods, practically alone. Don't let the opportunity pass.

Aren't you guys kinda overreacting? Its still 2 big patches away and yet everyone is acting like its ww3. Plus we don't know exactly what was added or taken away, could be minor things or could be big things. Or things could change over time. At least wait for the actual bonefide patch than start to make big assumptions about things that aren't even happening now.

Its like watching people jump ship without waiting to see if the ship was actually hit badly from the rocks. It could be a mild scrape with only paint being scratched, or a hole in the side causing flooding.

Wait for the patch to drop, and if its bad, then yeah its justified. But if it drops and its more accessible to modders what then? Until then we don't know. And again, the patch in question isn't live, not yet.

If you have been reading the forum as I have been to get caught up since Warband, it is not premature. This is just one long running problem of endless lies, back stabbing and well... Go read the forums, its all out there, no one is acting prematurely in any regards on this matter considering the track record TW has been developing the past few years, this is just one more lead log on the camels back in a long line of lead logs.

Aren't you guys kinda overreacting? Its still 2 big patches away and yet everyone is acting like its ww3. Plus we don't know exactly what was added or taken away, could be minor things or could be big things. Or things could change over time. At least wait for the actual bonefide patch than start to make big assumptions about things that aren't even happening now.

Its like watching people jump ship without waiting to see if the ship was actually hit badly from the rocks. It could be a mild scrape with only paint being scratched, or a hole in the side causing flooding.

Wait for the patch to drop, and if its bad, then yeah its justified. But if it drops and its more accessible to modders what then? Until then we don't know. And again, the patch in question isn't live, not yet.
While I definitely think this thread should be more civil, we aren't asking for anything unreasonable. We don't know how long it will take for 1.6 to come out, but we're basically stuck not being able to work on major parts of our mods until this issue is resolved.

Not to mention Dejan has already confirmed the problem won't be fixed if taleworlds has it their way.

There's no need to wait for the patch if there's an official statement telling you what's in the patch and you don't like it.

If you have been reading the forum as I have been to get caught up since Warband, it is not premature. This is just one long running problem of endless lies, back stabbing and well... Go read the forums, its all out there, no one is acting prematurely in any regards on this matter considering the track record TW has been developing the past few years, this is just one more lead log on the camels back in a long line of lead logs.
I'm a lurker dude, I do try to keep up. But again, its not out yet. We can't just judge and execute someone without seeing the evidence first hand. Otherwise you are killing a innocent man. When 1.6 drops and its bad, yeah, it can get ragged on. But we don't know. It could bring good tidings or like yall say, a flop.

While I definitely think this thread should be more civil, we aren't asking for anything unreasonable. We don't know how long it will take for 1.6 to come out, but we're basically stuck not being able to work on major parts of our mods until this issue is resolved.

Not to mention Dejan has already confirmed the problem won't be fixed if taleworlds has it their way.
Nahh dude, I get that. The only answer is to wait till then unfortunately.

We have gone over "internal" usages, added and removed some internal modifiers to make it less random / more consistent.
That word alone tells me all I need to know. The request was simple: Remove the internal keyword. The response was also simple: No. I don't need to wait for a patch to see this. They're intentionally gimping mods for some godforsaken reason and I'm not gonna give them the benefit of the doubt just because they maybe have some patch dropping some time before the heat death of the universe that will nerf another moneymaking strat and give us another sheep texture.

I've given them enough slack already.

That word alone tells me all I need to know. The request was simple: Remove the internal keyword. The response was also simple: No. I don't need to wait for a patch to see this. They're intentionally gimping mods for some godforsaken reason and I'm not gonna give them the benefit of the doubt just because they maybe have some patch dropping some time before the heat death of the universe that will nerf another moneymaking strat and give us another sheep texture.

I've given them enough slack already.
From what I have seen on some topics, the "give em slack" has been a 8+ year onrunning "give em more slack" issue only for this mess.

Exactly, but someone is not reading while making excuses for TW.
Dude, already going at me? I'm not speaking for them. I'm just saying its not out yet. That's it. Clear as crystal. They have a track record of being slow and not adding things we would like to see. That's clear to everyone. A statement someone says doesn't say much. If I remember correctly even you guys have said that their statements suck and can't be trusted, so why now start believing? But if its not out yet why not wait to confirm its really a bad change. That's it dude.

Aren't you guys kinda overreacting?
Intentional or not, this can easily be interpreted as defending Taleworlds since you are trying to disenfranchise our side of this debate.

If I remember correctly even you guys have said that their statements suck and can't be trusted, so why now start believing?
I think you are misunderstanding. The answers they are giving can be trusted, but they are intentionally obscure because they can't (and definitely shouldn't) make promises they can't keep. That's why until we get a solid answer saying "we will remove all the usages of the internal keyword" we're not really going to be satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom