SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Increase notable's recruitment quantity and add a notable specifically for Noble recruits.

Users who are viewing this thread

As the title says you have entire sets of noble unit branches for every faction in the game, and they are very rarely seen as recruit-able units in the town/Village influential people's rosters. They are almost unnoticeable in various armies and don't really get placed into elite squads. One of the things that you all talked about during siege videos in 2016/2018 and after release were how the Siege AI would be able to choose whether to use units of elite soldiers to defend points on the castle instead of relying on peasantry or militia. That these units would be used tactically by the AI to hold strategic positions and potentially attempt to actively counter the player's tactics. If the attackers launch a bunch of recruits into a breach to whittle the enemy down, the AI might send a group of its heaviest infantry, or maybe nobles with heavy Armor and good weaponry to absolutely slaughter them.

Putting this into current gameplay is impossible for the first mentioned reasons. It is incredibly difficult to gather a number of such soldiers to make a unit out of them, getting 30 Fians for instance is extremely time intensive for the player.

Each town should be given an extra Notable who is always a lesser titled noble or something along those lines, and they should exclusively offer Noble recruits albeit at higher relations requirements. Furthermore the units available in towns should be scaled up, instead of each slot representing a singular soldier, make it so they are a number of soldiers that add up to a maximum over time. When you click on a slot you get 1 of the soldiers from the slot, and you click till its empty.

- For instance: Slot 1 could represent a random troop and have a maximum stack of 2, slot 2 could be 4, slot 3 has a max of 6. Every (insert your amount of time here) the number of troops in a slot goes up by 1, it could be each slot has its own independent time it takes. Higher quality troops tick up with more time etc. OR you could give all the slots the same

-Or, with better adjustment the maximum size stack you can achieve is based on the tier of the soldier. T1 gets 8 men, t2 gets 6 men total etc.

-Or (My personal preference) you could do both: Lower tier troops get more max stack size, eg T1 soldiers will have a min max stack size of 8. However the higher up in slots they are (and the more relations you need to access that slot like the current system) then even more max cap is added to the stack based on the slot number in addition. So a T1 troop in slot 1 might have 8 soldiers, but the listing of T1 troops in slot 2 might have max capacity of 9 instead.

All this in mind, this shouldn't replace the existing possibility for notables who reach over 200 power to also have nobles available, but the current quantity of nobles available basically makes them completely and totally unfeasible for any player that doesn't want to spend hours and hours hunting them down for a measly handful. Not to mention the possibility and added depth of having relatively common elite squads in armies would be a nice addition.

Last edited:
- For instance: Slot 1 could represent a random troop and have a maximum stack of 2, slot 2 could be 4, slot 3 has a max of 6. Every (insert your amount of time here) the number of troops in a slot goes up by 1, it could be each slot has its own independent time it takes. Higher quality troops tick up with more time etc. OR you could give all the slots the same

-Or, with better adjustment the maximum size stack you can achieve is based on the tier of the soldier. T1 gets 8 men, t2 gets 6 men total etc.

-Or (My personal preference) you could do both: Lower tier troops get more max stack size, eg T1 soldiers will have a min max stack size of 8. However the higher up in slots they are (and the more relations you need to access that slot like the current system) then even more max cap is added to the stack based on the slot number in addition. So a T1 troop in slot 1 might have 8 soldiers, but the listing of T1 troops in slot 2 might have max capacity of 9 instead.

I actually like to having to farm relations to a samwhat speedy recruitment. Just farming relation from 1 settlement and recruit 100-150 soldiers in 2 clicks ruins it for me. What kind of noteables have these numbers of idle soldiers just hanging around?

As the title says you have entire sets of noble unit branches for every faction in the game, and they are very rarely seen as recruit-able units in the town/Village influential people's rosters. They are almost unnoticeable in various armies and don't really get placed into elite squads. One of the things that you all talked about during siege videos in 2016/2018 and after release were how the Siege AI would be able to choose whether to use units of elite soldiers to defend points on the castle instead of relying on peasantry or militia. That these units would be used tactically by the AI to hold strategic positions and potentially attempt to actively counter the player's tactics. If the attackers launch a bunch of recruits into a breach to whittle the enemy down, the AI might send a group of its heaviest infantry, or maybe nobles with heavy Armor and good weaponry to absolutely slaughter them.

Putting this into current gameplay is impossible for the first mentioned reasons. It is incredibly difficult to gather a number of such soldiers to make a unit out of them, getting 30 Fians for instance is extremely time intensive for the player.

This part I like far more! :smile:

I actually like to having to farm relations to a samwhat speedy recruitment. Just farming relation from 1 settlement and recruit 100-150 soldiers in 2 clicks ruins it for me. What kind of noteables have these numbers of idle soldiers just hanging around?

That was just an example but 1-3 men per slot really doesn't add up much, especially if they all don't fit your army comp so you won't pick them, and the lords are all drawing from your pool of recruits too. Then there is the fact you can just decrease the refill speed to make it balanced. And you would still need to farm relations, because one slot would still be just like 2 or 3 guys. The farming relaitons just becomes more important because your losing out. Current system basically locks out higher tier units from low tier slots anyway.

But yeah I like to farm relations too, in the future if they ever implement notables that are tied into the criminal system, you definitely will want something other than the current recruitment quantity, because your favorite notable could be put in prison or killed by rival gang-members. Though at this point I just don't know if they will work on any in-depth system for the notables, with crime and law, the system they talked about before EA release, has been scrapped and they are now only just "considering" a system involving the player.

Last edited:
That was just an example but 1-3 men per slot really doesn't add up much, especially if they all don't fit your army comp so you won't pick them, and the lords are all drawing from your pool of recruits too. Then there is the fact you can just decrease the refill speed to make it balanced. And you would still need to farm relations, because one slot would still be just like 2 or 3 guys. The farming relaitons just becomes more important because your losing out. Current system basically locks out higher tier units from low tier slots anyway.
Yes, sure.. The more I think of it, the more I like it if from recruit number 2 costs influence and requires affiliation to the owner faction.

Back
Top Bottom