Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

Why are those icons taking so long to load?
I assume because they need to be recreated most of the time? As much as I understand it, they are created by taking a picture of a 3D character model, and this is optimized by caching already created ones.
So it has to be something very unnecessary and time-consuming in creating that 3D stuff, like if they are not creating just the guy (to take his mugshot) but a whole scene around him. For each icon.
This is just an uninformed wild guess though, I wish they would say more about the technical details of the bugs they fix or try to fix, particularly recurring ones, like the sound of doom or this one.

I assume because they need to be recreated most of the time? As much as I understand it, they are created by taking a picture of a 3D character model, and this is optimized by caching already created ones.
So it has to be something very unnecessary and time-consuming in creating that 3D stuff, like if they are not creating just the guy (to take his mugshot) but a whole scene around him. For each icon.
This is just an uninformed wild guess though, I wish they would say more about the technical details of the bugs they fix or try to fix, particularly recurring ones, like the sound of doom or this one.

Recreated? Even for the gear in the shops? Those icons take forever to load too. Surely that's a saved file somewhere.

And for the encyclopedia...taking into account the scene is just nuts but that does make sense.

Recreated? Even for the gear in the shops? Those icons take forever to load too. Surely that's a saved file somewhere.

And for the encyclopedia...taking into account the scene is just nuts but that does make sense.
Who knows what they are doing.
But even if it's some rookie mistake, it's not important, as long as they can fix it quickly.
The problem now it seems is that they didn't find this bug on their own and can't reproduce it, instead relying on player reports. It's strange that so many players have the problem, but their QA and devs don't. Something is wrong with that and they should correct it, maybe they should buy more PCs for their QA guys that are more representative of what the players are using.
Whatever it is, I don't think they will tell us what was the problem, particularly if they screwed up badly.

I want say I am exaggerating in that message to be funny, I hope it didn't come across as mean :smile:
giphy.gif

Major feature update....

A check box.... look for it next month's update....

I am gonna take a break from this forum, the dullness is this game is just maddening and not good for my health.

What this guy says... Its 2021 and feels like the user experience is from a 2010 game. Everytime, every f* time i click on a shop/after battle takes alot of time just to load every icon, we are talking 10/20 seconds. Even if click by mistake on the shop i already know that i have to wait 10/20 seconds just soo it loads all the content from the shop... Want a mindblow fix for it devs? Instead of loading every item and generate every item, just put some categories and load only on click what the user wants, for example "Horses | Armour | Weapons | Food" etc, if i click on horses, then loads the current stock of horses, etc. I just want to buy 5 grain why would i have to view the entire market.

There is alot of wrong things with the game and dont even start with the "Its Beta man", selling a beta game 50€ its just mindblowing. We need new things, big things, that cause a huge impact in a good way, i mean sure, new village scenes are "okay", but dont expect me to go check that specific village just to see the new scenes...Most people dont even give a rat's ass about the village scenes. But TehFox you know its a different deparment right? Yes i do, what about instead of a village scene, to be a marriage scene or a childbirth scene, feels like im trading pokemon cards just to get a wife and once i got it a popup message appears, great you are now married, thanks i guess.

Last edited:
Major feature update....

A check box.... look for it next month's update....

I am gonna take a break from this forum, the dullness is this game is just maddening and not good for my health.
Some design decision are really hard to understood, but my hopes are that total conversion mods will make the game as we dreamed but performance issues has to be resolved due it is hard to address such things with a mod.

I am happy to see that (at least for me) the general map has improved the performance in a very noticeable way, my experience was that patch after patch it was far worse from the initial version.

Same think for game screens, they worked smoothly once I got the game and now they have a terrible performance, I hope they find the solution also.

With a good engine mods can give us a great game, it is sad because TW should be able to provide a nice game experience on their own. It was ease if you ask me, they just needed to check the features of the top WB mods and copy/improve them but they choose a very different direction, not sure which may be the reason but at the current point of time thinking that they will change their mind is hopeless.

So when are we getting control of our troops back after the enemy routes? Now you have to time it just right, charge before they run lol... :roll: just so stupid... it's great seeing cavalry go after enemies while cheering, well thought out features.

I also love how everyone turns into Carl Lewis when they route. And your army starts slow motion walking lol, Half this game's updates are attempts to fix systems that don't work right from the onset.

Almost...like.... there are a bunch of interns, without any guidance or direction, tinkering with systems, repeatedly breaking **** and ****ing up merges. The last 14 months have been a little window into why this game has been a decade in the making. SpaceX was founded and designed, built and put a rocket into orbit in less time.

Almost...like.... there are a bunch of interns, without any guidance or direction, tinkering with systems, repeatedly breaking **** and ****ing up merges. The last 14 months have been a little window into why this game has been a decade in the making. SpaceX was founded and designed, built and put a rocket into orbit in less time.
+1. Seems like it a lot. Pretty clear statement your last sentence.

+1. Seems like it a lot. Pretty clear statement your last sentence.

It's clown world funny now that we're this far into this **** show and repeatedly dealing with **** like icon loading problems and other basic UI bull****. <snip>

For the record, I don't think most of this can be attributed to "interns" or the dev team in general. This is horrendous leadership and project management- a textbook exhibition of incompetence, a breathtaking waste of resources, a legendary squandering of the good faith a fan base.

With a little self-reflection and humility on the part of leadership, we could have been watching the transition of TW from a tiny, awkward caterpillar into a glorious Monarch. Instead, hell I don't even know what this is. It's just sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's clown world funny now that we're this far into this **** show and repeatedly dealing with **** like icon loading problems and other basic UI bull****. <snip>

For the record, I don't think most of this can be attributed to "interns" or the dev team in general. This is horrendous leadership and project management- a textbook exhibition of incompetence, a breathtaking waste of resources, a legendary squandering of the good faith a fan base.

With a little self-reflection and humility on the part of leadership, we could have been watching the transition of TW from a tiny, awkward caterpillar into a glorious Monarch. Instead, hell I don't even know what this is. It's just sad.

This. Bannerlord teamleaders/dev team, eyes on this. Sadly they most likely will not see the feedback of the community

I have downloaded this 1.7 GB patch for nothing apparently. Menu lag is still there and now the map icons are missing too. Pathetic.

1.5.10 was working great after new patch today and now it's really choppy. Is this the memory leak issue?

Patch notes claim menu lag was fixed with the latest 1.5.10 hotfix, but my game is still laggy.

It probably came back and this solution won't work again, but...have you tried to delete everything in Documents EXCEPT your saves? I usually have to do this after patches for it not to perform like utter garbage.

after taking hotfix, if you are having problems try deleting your shaders folder, which would be x86(whatever path you use)/steam/steamapps/common/bannerlord after deleting the entire shaders folder just start the game and it will re download them, this is a small chance to help but I already had 1 person that this solved their issue

Started a new game and the party scout has never gained a single point of scout ability. he started with focus and stats so his learning % is high and he had low scouting skill...so he should be leveling like crazy.

Is this broken again? still a super buggy game? I know the answer is yes but thought I would see if others see the same bug again/persistant/always
so annoying.

Started a new game and the party scout has never gained a single point of scout ability. he started with focus and stats so his learning % is high and he had low scouting skill...so he should be leveling like crazy.

Is this broken again? still a super buggy game? I know the answer is yes but thought I would see if others see the same bug again/persistant/always
so annoying.
1 Did you set him as scout on the party menu?
2 what is his skill? Have you rode by new bandit hideouts? If it's under 100 they won't see many tracks they so it's kinda slow, but finding hideout should proc some skill exp.

In my games 1.5.10 scouting has raised very well. If you set the scout and finding multiple hideouts doesn't give skill (can be checked on his character) you might need to make a bug report.

1 Did you set him as scout on the party menu?
2 what is his skill? Have you rode by new bandit hideouts? If it's under 100 they won't see many tracks they so it's kinda slow, but finding hideout should proc some skill exp.

In my games 1.5.10 scouting has raised very well. If you set the scout and finding multiple hideouts doesn't give skill (can be checked on his character) you might need to make a bug report.

I second this... my scout has levelled up into the 220s now without any special attention. I also pick scouts for caravans to boost their scouting in case I lose my main scout, and they're all levelling up too.

Back
Top Bottom