"Too Complex" and "Soon"

Users who are viewing this thread

Because the bar menu didn't work well with gamepads. MRay (the UI dev) said so in the patch notes when it was released.

Edit:
Here

This is outrageous. If game companies relying on their prestige built of PC only titles plan on selling out the complexities of their games to better "welcome in" our lowlier console brethren than they need to stop asking premium prices as we (PC enthusiasts) are the ones making all the concessions. Game prices should be halved and standard game features which are cut to allow consoles to play should be stated in BOLD FONT up front and centers right there on the Steam page.

~Sons of Soon

Because the bar menu didn't work well with gamepads. MRay (the UI dev) said so in the patch notes when it was released.
That wouldn't be a problem especialy since they eventually gave us the option to chose between bar or radial but on the process they ****ed up the command structure that worked well before and didn't fix or reverted this change.

Right now it's a pain in the ass to position and face the correct direction you want when it was a breeze before, the changes to formations and commands order wasn't as bad but it still added more keys to press to give simple commands with the way they reorganized them which increases the time to react with any strategy in battles that are already too damn fast.

They tried to remediate this simply by adding redundant shortcuts to the first command menu but it doesn't fix the problem they created with something that worked great before.

This is outrageous. If game companies relying on their prestige built of PC only titles plan on selling out the complexities of their games to better "welcome in" our lowlier console brethren than they need to stop asking premium prices as we (PC enthusiasts) are the ones making all the concessions. Game prices should be halved and standard game features which are cut to allow consoles to play should be stated in BOLD FONT up front and centers right there on the Steam page.

~Sons of Soon

agree

But hey ... at least we're not alone.. There's another playerbase who know exactly how we feel :grin:
a835ANO_700bwp.webp

A moment of reflection regarding the command UI.

Everything points to a decision with a view to the development of the console porting; ok. However, consider for example iirc a guy (I can't remember exactly where) with tendinitis who because of that couldn't play with a keyboard.It's clear that most of us find it unthinkable to play with a gamepad together with the radial UI, but nowadays many developers are betting on accessibility (including remapping).

That said, I personally don't mind having these kinds of additions, the more people can enjoy the game the better. Now, the UI option with keyboard for PC is not alright and it seems that the devs give it a thumbs up and it really is a step backwards compared to the original imho.

A simple and straightforward question, @MRay, the UI on PC (vertical bar) solution is provisional or definitive? Thanks in advance.

That said, I personally don't mind having these kinds of additions, the more people can enjoy the game the better.

that’s an idealistic viewpoint but far from the grim reality. There are generally not additions without compromise or outright subtractions from the original planned title. Meaning - we generally get nothing good positive out of a pc/console merger except a new fanbase who are more than ready to accept waterdowned gameplay before jumping to the next shiny object.

Consolers are happy, TaleWorlds are happy for purely financial reasons - what exactly did we - original faithful hardcore pc fan base gain again ?

I've never seen it, so it surprises me.
I haven't seen it officially stated by TW (which does not mean they have not announced it) but from time to time devs, and people on the forum cite/remind me of that. It is a lesson to me to be more cautious when buying an unfinished game. I feel sorry for that as I have never been let down by the EA so much (and never before to be clear). I'll be rather concentrating on final releases instead of watching the game been downgraded during the time given by the fans for improvements...

that’s an idealistic viewpoint but far from the grim reality. There are generally not additions without compromise or outright subtractions from the original planned title. Meaning - we generally get nothing good positive out of a pc/console merger except a new fanbase who are more than ready to accept waterdowned gameplay before jumping to the next shiny object.

Consolers are happy, TaleWorlds are happy for purely financial reasons - what exactly did we - original faithful hardcore pc fan base gain again ?

Of course, that's why I want to know what plans for the UI they have... if it's going to be reworked or if this is the final version.

Of course, that's why I want to know what plans for the UI they have... if it's going to be reworked or if this is the final version.
We all wanna know about TW plans for Bannerlord but it looks like they want keep it secret for some strange reason. We get only some partial informations from devs.

I've never seen it, so it surprises me.

It's like the microtransactions thing, I think there is still a lot of disagreement within the offices about what they want to do. Half the game feels like it's made to ease the transition to consoles, while the other half feels like the opposite. Sometimes a developer will come out and say one thing while the PR will say something else.

A simple and straightforward question, @MRay, the UI on PC (vertical bar) solution is provisional or definitive? Thanks in advance.
Improvements can be made. And we did, in the time between the first introduction of the radial and to now. We've gathered feedback on the radial and made improvements on it(placements, readability etc.). After we've gathered enough feedback on radial, we've introduced the vertical bars. We also gathered feedback on the vertical bars and improved on that too. (one click orders like Hold Fire/Fire at Will, Mount/Dismount, Toggle Delegate, Face direction/enemy, Shield Wall etc.)

If you have more suggestions for the current version, I invite you to the UI suggestions section. There can definitely be more improvements implemented on the current version but down the line. Not in the immediate future.

Improvements can be made. And we did, in the time between the first introduction of the radial and to now. We've gathered feedback on the radial and made improvements on it(placements, readability etc.). After we've gathered enough feedback on radial, we've introduced the vertical bars. We also gathered feedback on the vertical bars and improved on that too. (one click orders like Hold Fire/Fire at Will, Mount/Dismount, Toggle Delegate, Face direction/enemy, Shield Wall etc.)

If you have more suggestions for the current version, I invite you to the UI suggestions section. There can definitely be more improvements implemented on the current version but down the line. Not in the immediate future.
There is no way to improve the radial system for pc, it will forever just be another system in this game downgraded to accommodate console accessibility

the pc player base never wanted it or needed it but that never mattered did it because console $$$$$$$$

Nah, I was just saying that in case you were working on implementing two more commands; commands that a growing majority of players want to see implemented... focus fire and switch weapon orders.

With these two commands implemented you could replace/remove the two redundant buttons (imho) which are F8 and F9. I am also of the opinion that F7 should be in place of F2; as it was at the beginning.

Just that, thanks ? .

It's like the microtransactions thing, I think there is still a lot of disagreement within the offices about what they want to do. Half the game feels like it's made to ease the transition to consoles, while the other half feels like the opposite. Sometimes a developer will come out and say one thing while the PR will say something else.

Oh, I see, a bit more of the communication problem then, but this time between themselves.

And just so I'm clear here on my stance: I don't mind if they have plans to release this on console, I really don't, I just don't appreciate efforts to make it a console game in and of itself at the disregard of the PC community.

The players: Do you see this as perfection TW? We don't.

TW: Improvements can be made.

The players: Would you mind expanding upon that?

TW: We may or may not implement improvements later on down the line.

The players: Err... Okay. Thanks, I guess.

The players: Do you see this as perfection TW? We don't.

TW: Improvements can be made.

The players: Would you mind expanding upon that?

TW: We may or may not implement improvements later on down the line.

The players: Err... Okay. Thanks, I guess.
TW: But make sure you post your suggestions, they are always welcomed.

The players: Well, actually about the ...

TW: Too complicated bro, unnecessary.
giphy.gif

You two are bad people :iamamoron:

Back
Top Bottom