SP - General We think co-op campaign for bannerlord is possible. and should be made

Users who are viewing this thread

HEAX

fell for the fake rumors, me and my cousin were so excited when we heard "co-op in bannerlord" thing. we've been playing mount&blade games since almost from the releases. we got really sad n disappointed bcoz of the fake rumors. but , since from the bannerlord release and 'till now ı've been thinking about co-op campaign with its details, here:

since 2 separate group of armies in same game impossible to make (not impossible but if you think a little about it, u'll understand why it wont work out),
I thought 2 players can be in the same party, first player will be set as leader of the party, and second will stand like a companion, ALSO MAYBE leadership will be transferable at anytime, but ı dont suggest it since it will bring it's own problems.
and as for the characters of players; it will be exact same character appearence and skill costumization in bannerlord, and since they'll be in the same clan and they'll want marry with npc nobles to have them as a companion in their party, there will be 2 options for bound between these 2 in-game characters:
1. Siblings (male-male,male-female,female-female) - for having npc spouses.
2. Couple (if death and birth enabled)

the game save MAY stand as a server. which, one of the players will host.
I suggest the game should only be continuable if both of the players have connected.
OR which can be continuable only if at least one of the players have joined the world, {but what about the second player which is offline but in the party? - in battles, it stands as controllable npc like others}

of course I might miss major or minor problems so;
if you have any suggestions and questions, reply, and SHAPE THİS İDEA. this will be our work.

Last edited:
there is a mod that has it working its not impossible. Sorry dont have the link for it
ty for reminding it but as the others said:
"This mod is nice, but I want mod for only me and my friend to play the normal campaign the native I think that we must wait more for that :sad:"
"Yeah this is not co-op, it's mmo"

ty for reminding it but as the others said:
"This mod is nice, but I want mod for only me and my friend to play the normal campaign the native I think that we must wait more for that :sad:"
"Yeah this is not co-op, it's mmo"
i know which one you talking about but there is another thats just coop. I can't remember the guys name but i follow him on youtube and he posts updates on it.

since 2 separate group of armies in same game impossible to make (not impossible but if you think a little about it, u'll understand why it wont work out),
There are problems, yes, but there is EXACTLY the same problems in turn-based games(TW for example), just that they are not RTS per definition, then it´s OK to wait by some obscure reson. BUT I admit they might be harder to solve in a fully immersive way

I would GLADLY wait for my co-player to complete his battles or whatever makes him want to pause the game. Some tweeks to the different sceens so you could mave on the map and visit the party/clan/kingdom screens should probably be needed to minimize the number of pauses without loosing control

If one player goes to a battle, game pauses for the others. they can still browse all menues and screens and do stuff though, just not move on the map/make time go. Add some fillers like:
  • Allow me play one of the awsome never-prio-to-fully-explore-boardgames while waiting!
  • Allow me to watch his battle.
  • Let me request the batteling player for controll of a unit in his battle - friend or enemy to fill the void! The next time a unit spawns on the selected side, you play one at random :smile: If you die, you are back to the spawnnig pool. If you ruin too much, he will likely deny next time :wink:
In a coop game I assume players will stick somewhat together, pauses will be synced and controlled via chat. This might work best for friendly Coop MP sessions over PVP competative games. But atleast it´s something! :smile:

Last edited:
There are problems, yes, but there is EXACTLY the same problems in turn-based games(TW for example), just that they are not RTS per definition, then it´s OK to wait by some obscure reson. BUT I admit they might be harder to solve in a fully immersive way

I would GLADLY wait for my co-player to complete his battles or whatever makes him want to pause the game. Some tweeks to the different sceens so you could mave on the map and visit the party/clan/kingdom screens should probably be needed to minimize the number of pauses without loosing control

If one player goes to a battle, game pauses for the others. they can still browse all menues and screens and do stuff though, just not move on the map/make time go. Add some fillers like:
  • Allow me play one of the awsome never-prio-to-fully-explore-boardgames while waiting!
  • Allow me to watch his battle.
  • Let me request the batteling player for controll of a unit in his battle - friend or enemy to fill the void! The next time a unit spawns on the selected side, you play one at random :smile: If you die, you are back to the spawnnig pool. If you ruin too much, he will likely deny next time :wink:
In a coop game I assume players will stick somewhat together, pauses will be synced and controlled via chat. This might work best for friendly Coop MP sessions over PVP competative games. But atleast it´s something! :smile:
excellent ideas, then both should be made.

fell for the fake rumors, me and my cousin were so excited when we heard "co-op in bannerlord" thing. we've been playing mount&blade games since almost from the releases. we got really sad n disappointed bcoz of the fake rumors. but , since from the bannerlord release and 'till now ı've been thinking about co-op campaign with its details, here:

I thought 2 players can be in the same party, first player will be set as leader of the party, and second will stand like a companion, ALSO MAYBE leadership will be transferable at anytime, but ı dont suggest it since it will bring it's own problems.
and as for the characters of players; it will be exact same character appearence and skill costumization in bannerlord, and since they'll be in the same clan and they'll want marry with npc nobles to have them as a companion in their party, there will be 2 options for bound between these 2 in-game characters:
1. Siblings (male-male,male-female,female-female) - for having npc spouses.
2. Couple (if death and birth enabled)

the game save MAY stand as a server. which, one of the players will host.
I suggest the game should only be continuable if both of the players have connected.
OR which can be continuable only if at least one of the players have joined the world, {but what about the second player which is offline but in the party? - in battles, it stands as controllable npc like others}

of course I might miss major or minor problems so;
if you have any suggestions and questions, reply, and SHAPE THİS İDEA. this will be our work.
Absolutely. it could work. A second player should simply be able to start playing the game by taking control of one of your companions during battles. This would be enough to allow a second player to play along and for two people to enjoy playing the game together. When the second player leaves the game then the AI should resume controlling the companion as normal.

The first player should be party leader, and the second player takes control of a companion during battles.

If modders could make Bannerlord Online with 1k people servers, official co-op mod is 100% doable. It would be so damn cool to play with my friends, even war against each other.

I also think that being in the same party in co-op mode is good but, I think it will be better if the co-op playing could be in apart parties. 2 people will be playing in other computers, and becuase of that they can play the same game in different start points with respect to their choices of their family and appearance. And also I suggest you to make time passing always(i.e. being in a war or in a town). This feature will make you able to supply my opinion that I told at start. Thus, the 2 player of this co-op mode will be playing in the same time schedule without connecting with each other. They will be connecting with each other like two lords in the game. They can be opponent, ally etc. If this could be done, playing with your best friend will be very fun. I wish you a good day.

I also think that being in the same party in co-op mode is good but, I think it will be better if the co-op playing could be in apart parties. 2 people will be playing in other computers, and becuase of that they can play the same game in different start points with respect to their choices of their family and appearance. And also I suggest you to make time passing always(i.e. being in a war or in a town). This feature will make you able to supply my opinion that I told at start. Thus, the 2 player of this co-op mode will be playing in the same time schedule without connecting with each other. They will be connecting with each other like two lords in the game. They can be opponent, ally etc. If this could be done, playing with your best friend will be very fun. I wish you a good day.
I liked your opinions,but main reason ı didnt back up the 2 diffrent armies; was the time management, its kinda brain melting to solve it when ı think of it like; especially in early game you both hunt bandits, now imagine how annoying it would be everything to stop in the middle of the game, then everything countunies, then everything stops again etc. .

I liked your opinions,but main reason ı didnt back up the 2 diffrent armies; was the time management, its kinda brain melting to solve it when ı think of it like; especially in early game you both hunt bandits, now imagine how annoying it would be everything to stop in the middle of the game, then everything countunies, then everything stops again etc. .
I'm pretty confident someone will find a way to allow other parties to keep playing on the map while the other fight a battle.
Something like 'reinforcements can't come in the battle after 10s of engagement on the campaign map', and a 10s protection after finishing a battle so you can load back without getting engaged every time you finish a battle if you don't have an SSD. Also slowing down movement and reducing bandits will allow for better coop IMO.

For that reason, I thought that the time doesn't stop for anything else, also war. I also think that in wars always time should pass if in the singleplayer mode. If you don't enter a war, war's time depends on the armies' size. Else if you enter a war the time passing stops until your war's end. That is the problem I think. For example, think about a 600v600 war, if you don't enter this war it maybe lasts 2-3 days. But if you enter, its start and end will become in the same time.

For that reason, I thought that the time doesn't stop for anything else, also war. I also think that in wars always time should pass if in the singleplayer mode. If you don't enter a war, war's time depends on the armies' size. Else if you enter a war the time passing stops until your war's end. That is the problem I think. For example, think about a 600v600 war, if you don't enter this war it maybe lasts 2-3 days. But if you enter, its start and end will become in the same time.
Would not work. In the time of a grand battle I could simulate 5 sieges and let several months pass. Game has to paus.
For me this is no issue though. I can play turnbased games in MP, accepting to wait for the other player. I can wait in a RTS too. A few options to fill the wait-time:
Watch the battle
Fight in the battle with a random dude
Play the minigames.

i think the way to implement co-op or multiplayer is to give field battle or sieges or any event that "pauses" time. a time frame. for example every minute in field battle/siege count as 1 hour of time on game map. so your friend's party reinforcing you can come 5 minutes into the field battle or w/e idk. so time basically gets slowed instead of paused when an event happens.
the main reason you'd want to play this game co-op is to have those field battles together right?

i think the way to implement co-op or multiplayer is to give field battle or sieges or any event that "pauses" time. a time frame. for example every minute in field battle/siege count as 1 hour of time on game map. so your friend's party reinforcing you can come 5 minutes into the field battle or w/e idk. so time basically gets slowed instead of paused when an event happens.
the main reason you'd want to play this game co-op is to have those field battles together right?
No, I am not referring that. I want to play like that but also want to play apart.

If modders could make Bannerlord Online with 1k people servers, official co-op mod is 100% doable. It would be so damn cool to play with my friends, even war against each other.

Its 2k ppl for per server rn*

If BO mod can achieve pvp wars-sieges etc..then, you can play there with your friends till offical coop. And, offical coop must be the last major content/work at Bannerlord development. (my idea).

Its 2k ppl for per server rn*

If BO mod can achieve pvp wars-sieges etc..then, you can play there with your friends till offical coop. And, offical coop must be the last major content/work at Bannerlord development. (my idea).
:rolleyes:

Just add it to the many things Bannerlord devs say they can't do or is impossible I guess, give them every free pass you can.

No, I am not referring that. I want to play like that but also want to play apart.
when you play apart, you'll have to wait for each others battles. but i think they can implement a system when in a field battle apart from each other you can join your friend as a soldier or companion. so everyone gets to play twice the battles

Back
Top Bottom