Weather Conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey everyone i have been playing BL for some time now, but i had a sudden realization, i have never seen rain or rainy weather in game.

Has anyone else seen rain or thunderstorm or different weather conditions at all, snowstorms i have seen. I swear that i have seen rain shown in the dev blog where they show the different seasons when the game was still in development phase and not released( that's working nicely can't fault that.)
If this is in the work then good, if not then i think it's one thing that should be implemented at some point. Otherwise the different times of day and lightning is working in my opinion just fine, it looks beautiful at times.

I remember someone sometime ago mentioning it is in the list but as we all know that list is pretty long and IDK when its going to be a priority.

I remember someone sometime ago mentioning it is in the list but as we all know that list is pretty long and IDK when its going to be a priority.
I mean i took this up because i don't remember that it has been talked a lot in here, they talk about damage, clothing, AI, bugs etc but this hasn't got much attention. If a dev would say something about this it would be great since they have dealt and talked about many other things people have asked them about, i am personally very intrested about the weather and it's development in BL as well as the new Terrain mode.

Old but I want to pipe up on this one: We need more weather! Badly. So far I have only once had the joy (and it was fun) to fight while it was snowing and slightly hazy. Once. Thats it. Every day is sunny and bright, perfect. I would like to see it rain, snow and be foggy more often and I mean FOGGY too, so foggy you can hardly see.

-More rain
-More fog
-More snow
-SAND STORMS!

It would also be nice to see these effects on the map to so we know when we are heading into something, doesnt have to be perfect but just some evidence that the weather is turning sour or as I see it: more fun!

Old but I want to pipe up on this one: We need more weather! Badly. So far I have only once had the joy (and it was fun) to fight while it was snowing and slightly hazy. Once. Thats it. Every day is sunny and bright, perfect. I would like to see it rain, snow and be foggy more often and I mean FOGGY too, so foggy you can hardly see.

-More rain
-More fog
-More snow
-SAND STORMS!

It would also be nice to see these effects on the map to so we know when we are heading into something, doesnt have to be perfect but just some evidence that the weather is turning sour or as I see it: more fun!

And they could have different effects so you had to avoid sandstorms or snowstorms or else you would move alot slower and maybe lose some soliders. Would be a cool mod idea if nothing else.

That would be cool, especially in a sandstorm you lose soldiers because they get lost or buried alive so all the more reason to hide from the weather. During major rainstorms ranged weapons (bows, crossbows) become near useless as the weapons get soggy, during a snowstorm attrition hits as men freeze to death in a blizzard. It would make it interesting, especially if the AI was coded to avoid these conditions. Of course, some... Like myself, might say "screw it" and go for it anyhow if the storm is not "too" bad. Maybe different degrees of weather such as mild, medium, heavy.

That would be cool, especially in a sandstorm you lose soldiers because they get lost or buried alive so all the more reason to hide from the weather. During major rainstorms ranged weapons (bows, crossbows) become near useless as the weapons get soggy, during a snowstorm attrition hits as men freeze to death in a blizzard. It would make it interesting, especially if the AI was coded to avoid these conditions. Of course, some... Like myself, might say "screw it" and go for it anyhow if the storm is not "too" bad. Maybe different degrees of weather such as mild, medium, heavy.

Great idea but $10 says no. It's too complex.

Considering we are dealing with TW who is trying to become the next Bethesda, true. But it would be nice to have increased weather so we can get more rain, snow, sand and fog.

I particularly like attrition idea. It's very much like the plague mod but only against campaigning armies.

Edit:
Such ideas are more fun than the usual nerf x% of this or hardcoded restrictions that stop something natural from happening.

I think we will be damned lucky if they even take it into consideration long enough to laugh while disregarding it along with everything else they have been ignoring.

Oh! Nice to see someone has noticed this thing that's missing from BL. I am still waiting or that rain and more weather conditions in general, i am thinking that it may come to that i or someone else needs to mod it into game.

Having weather "events" which actually affect certain kind of troops with buffs and debuffs (rain will make the bow mostly ineffective, a sandstorm will impair their visibility, a thunderstorm will give a debuff to horses as will muddy soil...) would be positively awesome. I'm not holding my breath for the vanilla version, of course, but modders will do it for sure.

Having weather "events" which actually affect certain kind of troops with buffs and debuffs (rain will make the bow mostly ineffective, a sandstorm will impair their visibility, a thunderstorm will give a debuff to horses as will muddy soil...) would be positively awesome. I'm not holding my breath for the vanilla version, of course, but modders will do it for sure.
+1

+1 to that but it would just be nice to actually get more weather in general and actually see it on the map even in an ultra-low "hazy pixel graphics from hell" type deal.

Yeah real weather on the map that carries into the battle scenes and a Campaign AI that understands the pros and cons of weather in regards to their own troop composition and world terrain. Yeah sounds fancy but it really aint that difficult if the Developers were dedicated to strategy AI ...which they a....

Back
Top Bottom