SP - General Don't dice for it, work for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

I personally don't like the Bannerlord's success/fail system in the dialogs. I'm save scumming when I'm in those situations 'couse why not ?
When recuiting lords
When marrying
When taking an allow for marrying... god I hate it.

Before in the warband, mechanic maybe was simple but it was better imo. For exaple, when you find a lady worthy to marry, you constantly meet with her, learning news poem to tell to her, winning tournaments to offer it to her or maybe having a duel with another scumbag to leave his hand of her. And his father ? You make quest for him, you have battles with him relation is mattee!. Simply to put, you need to work for it.
And in the end, you know you work hard for it and you deserved it. You will know now there is nothing to stop you to marry and you move on and having a beatiful ceremony.
On the BL side... Yeah, you give some gift (some gold eih) to your beatiful lady and you try to improve your relation with her, no poems, no fight for it, no visits no time for connections boii yeahh that's what we do in BL... We see we marry that's it. Yet, you still work a "bit" for ur lady and you know what ? There is a maybe a lil' chance that she might not find you that attractive, you look like vile beggar boi. After all that gift you ready up for her, still there is a fail chance in the corner, now you don't care about the lines but to see the green SUCCESS in the screen , that's all you care, because this is dice we rolling. And in the end you end up with a failure.

I'm just being suprised with these crappy mechanics that they call "new"... Maybe it just me but I want the old one. We can't expect everything from modders.

Yeah i have no idea why they thought obscure speech checks were a better system than the action/quest-based on they had in Warband. It's a straight downgrade that does nothing but encourage savescumming.

Yeah i have no idea why they thought obscure speech checks were a better system than the action/quest-based on they had in Warband.
Can it have to do with BL having no personal relations? :smile: How to win the heart of someone who can't have a relation with you but only, as a clan, with your clan? She don't like you but rather respects your clan for helping her clan! How should this possible work, do you think, within this limits?

Can it have to do with BL having no personal relations? :smile: How to win the heart of someone who can't have a relation with you but only, as a clan, with your clan? She don't like you but rather respects your clan for helping her clan! How should this possible work, do you think, within this limits?
If the only way to make this is through a mini-game, let the mini-game be skill-based, without any dice rolls. Or let it be a grindy quest, so you need to suffer to get sweet... company.

I dunno, dude, it's not like marriage was a matter of love instead of fostering inter-familial bonds and strengthening holdings in the old days. If your clan is strong, has good relationship with hers, why shouldn't she favor you over others?

I dunno, dude, it's not like marriage was a matter of love instead of fostering inter-familial bonds and strengthening holdings in the old days. If your clan is strong, has good relationship with hers, why shouldn't she favor you over others?

And that´s what we have right? We have several random checks whether she(or rather her clan) likes your clan enough or not.

And that´s what we have right? We have several random checks whether she(or rather her clan) likes your clan enough or not.
Well, yes, but not really. I doubt a noble clan aimed at succeeding higher and higher like the early Habsburgs, who started as a minor noble house that eventually reached dukedom through political marriages, would like a random nobody with an army through some dialogues.
They'd probably prefer someone with great fortunate and power, failing that good political claims to power and fortune, and failing that, control over a significant military force that can enduce power. And to not be royally ****ed over, they'd want to work with said house for sometime in order to know where their loyalty lies.
Which is why later on they married frequently within their own extended clans -- you really do know your own family better, most of the time.
But in BL at least using inter-clan relationship and political standing within a faction to determine how willing a marriage could succeed would make the most sense, esepcially in a politically unstable time like that in the game, a good man/woman with a large army is likely better than a rich man without an army to protect said riches for them. I mean, even in warband your relationship with the father matters a little, and you have to at least be a vassal of a kingdom to be considered (unless you elope)

I dont care for the checks either because unless you swindle your skill tree right your screwed and we dont get many points anyhow! But... What I really, REALLLYYY miss from Warband was the more interaction we could take with our romantic interests, sure we can play games with them now... Yay? But we lost the poems. What were the poems? Insight. A direct link into our beloveds mind as to how they see things, we would recite a poem and get one or two sentences of REALLY good information on how they think. Maybe she absolutely detests the idea of women fighting or see its as romantic. In short: tomboy vs anti-tomboy. Over the course of three poems we learned more about a lady than I have from these cursed dialogue options that get me nowhere. Ever response is just so lackluster and "oh yes, how quaint. I think I might agree with you filthy peasant."

There is just no WOOING going on anymore, you are not in a life vs. death struggle to snag that pretty thing that matches your ideals and instead you just kinda... Click your way to success or failure. Never mind wooing the heck of her through hard effort and secret visits and then sweeping the lass off her feet and starting a war with her family in an act of elopement. It is just... *click* ..... *click* ...... *CRIT FAIL!* ....... *Reload*.... *click... click.... click...* (And with EVERY response being "how nice..." or some similar drivel)

Edit: This is also 100% true of all dialogue options, it would be nice to ply your reputation to scare the bejesus out of others into agreeing to your demands. Also the percentages are just... I never see them really work out the way in which they are given.

But in BL at least using inter-clan relationship and political standing within a faction to determine how willing a marriage could succeed would make the most sense, esepcially in a politically unstable time like that in the game, a good man/woman with a large army is likely better than a rich man without an army to protect said riches for them.
Hard to balance this
1. Enable marriage for the first charachter
2. Keep it at least close to challenging for third charachter

But I get your point!
AI intermarriage can be the start to reach there - if it does not already.

nobody likes the dice system.
i hope they at least add the "work for it" system you've described in addition to the dice system if they don't want to remove it entirely.

Back
Top Bottom