Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey TW, you know there is a bad memory leak( I think that's the problem) going on since 1.5.10 that is effecting all branches and now going on 3 week and no fix. This is turning out to be a 1.5.8 disaster all over again. Can we get some communication or update on the progress, and I know this is asking a lot, how it was able to pass internal testing to go live. I know the beta branch is for testing but this problem effects other branches and silence on the issue besides we're working on it sucks. @Dejan @MArdA TaleWorlds ,anyone please?
Have you made a report in the tech support section? If so, can you link me? That way I can easily check on a specific problem.

Performance problems can be rather broad and vary per system. One thing I know is that we are working on improving the way thumbnails work so that the UI will be more performant (but I don't think it's related to memory leaks f.e.). That is a bigger change, though, and will likely need some time in testing before we can release it.

They (Dejan, Duh, mexxico, Signalize) already do.

At any rate, digging in through a fee hours over the weekend: education still feels pretty limp-wristed. Those +5s per phase do not impress me. If we're going to face mortality with our main character, the least they can do is allow education to boost our heir to the status of a decent premade. If they don't want perfectly controlled successors for whatever reason, maybe just boost the random event's impact to 25-75 points in a particular skill? You can still nudge towards what you want but also possibly get lucky with a truly beastmode heir in one stat.
Education was designed so that it roughly reflects the range of growth that the initial character creation offers. NPCs start the game with comparatively stronger builds, because most growth mechanics are geared towards the player.

Education was designed so that it roughly reflects the range of growth that the initial character creation offers. NPCs start the game with comparatively stronger builds, because most growth mechanics are geared towards the player.
Can you suggest boosting it? Because for the AI clan children, they never really develop properly and it hurts their performance later, in addition to the player-facing aspect of under-powered heirs potentially having to be restarted from scratch.

One thing I know is that we are working on improving the way thumbnails work so that the UI will be more performant (but I don't think it's related to memory leaks f.e.).
That's what causes lag for me. Whenever the game tries to load a vast amount of thumbnails, FPS goes down to 2-4 and stays that way for a few seconds, then everything goes back to normal.

Can you suggest boosting it? Because for the AI clan children, they never really develop properly and it hurts their performance later, in addition to the player-facing aspect of under-powered heirs potentially having to be restarted from scratch.

As anyone who had played a session would know.

Have you made a report in the tech support section? If so, can you link me? That way I can easily check on a specific problem.

Performance problems can be rather broad and vary per system. One thing I know is that we are working on improving the way thumbnails work so that the UI will be more performant (but I don't think it's related to memory leaks f.e.). That is a bigger change, though, and will likely need some time in testing before we can release it.

There are about 20 of them, literally. low fps, pausing in menu screens, all over the place.
This is one of many https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/game-runs-choppy.442614/
my old system could run game at 1,000 battle size with all med or some higher graphics,, I have every graphic to low and very choppy, and new system I had most graphics turned high, they are mostly med or low. There is a major issue with the performance of the game, just scan the first 3 or 4 pages of the tech forums (graphics and performance) for fps, choppy or stuttering and you will see tons of them, I even put a video up on Youtube showing how the menu screens stutter before opening fully. It does worry me that you aren't aware of this with how many posts that have been going on. There are quite a few people that are unable to play the game it is so bad for them. Please check on this, this happened with 1.5.10 launch and it effects other branches as well so it is NOT confined to the beta branch, everyone is affected

I was shocked Duh didn't know about it, not only there, but there are comments here about it
@Duh_TaleWorlds I think it is a bigger issue, the only thing that changed on my system from 1.5.9 to 1.5.10 was the TW update. once I took update I had to lower my graphics from mostly high to med to low on all of them or my system would get overloaded and my streaming software didnt have enough resources to record properly. a small issue in game shouldn't massively overwhelm my system that bad. I can give time stamps to video from myself, Keep it Frosty, Party Elite and more where you can see huge pauses all the time

Last edited:
People, calm down. They are giving us radio silence because they are laser-focused on giving us newer and better sheep textures. All your pleas will be handled AFTER they deliver those damn and holy sheep textures.

@Duh_TaleWorlds go to graphics and performance issues in tech support, go to page 2 there is literally 7 different threads at this second about the performance issues, 7 threads on one page alone should tell ya the problem is a bit serious

There are about 20 of them, literally. low fps, pausing in menu screens, all over the place.
This is one of many https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/game-runs-choppy.442614/
my old system could run game at 1,000 battle size with all med or some higher graphics,, I have every graphic to low and very choppy, and new system I had most graphics turned high, they are mostly med or low. There is a major issue with the performance of the game, just scan the first 3 or 4 pages of the tech forums (graphics and performance) for fps, choppy or stuttering and you will see tons of them, I even put a video up on Youtube showing how the menu screens stutter before opening fully. It does worry me that you aren't aware of this with how many posts that have been going on. There are quite a few people that are unable to play the game it is so bad for them. Please check on this, this happened with 1.5.10 launch and it effects other branches as well so it is NOT confined to the beta branch, everyone is affected
I just gotta say for lookie loos that that thread does have response already
We are aware of this issue. The developers are working towards improving the performance. Especially on UI. But I would suggest playing without mods to see if mods also interfering with the performance.
@Flesson19 I know you're asking for an update but I just want to give credit where it's due, they did acknowledge this is already.

Suggesting playing without mods? :roll:
I was going with the part I made red, but yeah they basically have to tell you not to play with mods if you were playing with mods and have a problem.

Hey, if you're playing Bannerlord with mods and you have a problem, you get in that tucked in modded bed and you recline in it restfully! ?

I was going with the part I made red, but yeah they basically have to tell you not to play with mods if you were playing with mods and have a problem.

Hey, if you're playing Bannerlord with mods and you have a problem, you get in that tucked in modded bed and you recline in it restfully! ?
Tbf, I think what @Flesson19 is trying to point out is that these reports were made weeks ago, when the patch launched. It's now May 28, and no update/info/hotfix has been released that fixes these unplayable issues.

I mean, just look at this video from here

Tbf, I think what @Flesson19 is trying to point out is that these reports were made weeks ago, when the patch launched. It's now May 28, and no update/info/hotfix has been released that fixes these unplayable issues.

This is just unacceptable, no DEV has commented in that thread in 25 days? LOL.... is it vacation time again in Turkey? And then they come here telling us they don't know anything LOL.....

Wow that's a much better example. I've had some lag but not that bad, that sucks. It'd be nice if we get a news about a fix coming soon, but I'd guess it's hard to fix and that's why..... they haven't got it yet.

This is just unacceptable, no DEV has commented in that thread in 25 days? LOL.... is it vacation time again in Turkey? And then they come here telling us they don't know anything LOL.....
Sometimes I envy Turkey. Looks like it has more vacation days than China.

@Duh_TaleWorlds go to graphics and performance issues in tech support, go to page 2 there is literally 7 different threads at this second about the performance issues, 7 threads on one page alone should tell ya the problem is a bit serious
I asked you ıf you made a report, because that report would presumably have information about the problems that you specifically are experiencing. "A memory leak" is quite broad and could concern a range of things. If you had a topic in the tech support, it would also be tied to our internal problem tracking, which would allow me to learn about the status of the issue.

Since you have now linked a topic that concerns the loading of screens, I guess my initial answer had the desired information in any case though - Thumbnails in particular are being worked on and should improve the performance in this regard. The change is larger, so it will take some time to be tested.

Back
Top Bottom