Congrats TW - you killed your own game

Users who are viewing this thread

MonkeyTazer

Recruit
Inappropriate language
You completely ****ed captains mode by catering to skirmish - and your skirmish mode is walmart's version of mordhau/chivalry, and at this point everyone is leaving that too. Captains mode was completely unique to you, you can't play it anywhere else. You gave your own creation absolutely no love, you let it die. Captains players have left in droves, nobody wants to play, the maps don't change and the balancing is terrible and you have added nearly no content.

Congrats on having terrible direction and awful management. There are bugs that STILL exist from launch.

This is my last post, I'm done with this game. Can't wait for a couple years when some other company sees the potential in this game mode and makes it 10x better than you ever will.

You completely ****ed captains mode by catering to skirmish - and your skirmish mode is walmart's version of mordhau/chivalry, and at this point everyone is leaving that too. Captains mode was completely unique to you, you can't play it anywhere else. You gave your own creation absolutely no love, you let it die. Captains players have left in droves, nobody wants to play, the maps don't change and the balancing is terrible and you have added nearly no content.

Congrats on having terrible direction and awful management. There are bugs that STILL exist from launch.

This is my last post, I'm done with this game. Can't wait for a couple years when some other company sees the potential in this game mode and makes it 10x better than you ever will.
What the **** are you talking about. The reason we have to deal with the ****ty class system is because of Captain mode and its not like we are getting any new content either. TW has forsaken all of MP and we have consistently told TW to seperate PVP and PVE stats so don't blame superior players you scrub.

What the **** are you talking about. The reason we have to deal with the ****ty class system is because of Captain mode and its not like we are getting any new content either. TW has forsaken all of MP and we have consistently told TW to seperate PVP and PVE stats so don't blame superior players you scrub.
Yeah! What she said!

Whats funny is that catering to skirmish isnt something that the "skirmish" players wanted either considering that the competitive side has always been niche compared to TDM and Siege and that the competitive players wanted Battle to come back instead of skirmish

Whats funny is that catering to skirmish isnt something that the "skirmish" players wanted either considering that the competitive side has always been niche compared to TDM and Siege and that the competitive players wanted Battle to come back instead of skirmish
+1 And how far back in time is this comment by Rhade where he already predicted the black clouds that were to come... ? ?

Rhade literally hit the nail on the head so hard it went straight through the board and stabbed us in the foot and weve just been floundering around in pain ever since.
Absolutely
giphy.gif

#Whenyouseeblackcloudsyoucanbesureit'sgoingtorain

+1 And how far back in time is this comment by Rhade where he already predicted the black clouds that were to come... ? ?
yikes, didn't even remember that one...

----

You completely ****ed captains mode by catering to skirmish
they might've tried doing so but they ****ed up spectacularly multiple times doing it as well. I'm sorry that ended up being even worse for Captain than it was for Skirmish - just be aware that noones (completly) happy right now, or has been throughout the last year.

game is dead. thanks TaleWorlds.

wJTZIPB.gif

Imagine running a company that fails to provide the simplest communication both internally as external and somehow (Still) get away with it.
Somehow bannerlords AI is a perfect representation of the company’s management and progress.
But in all honesty it’s pointless to rage anymore. Just grab a bag of chips and watch the fire.

Can't agree more, for someone that's been playing this game since the beta, I feel captain mode was murdered, the faction balancing , the weapon nerfing, the complete destruction of the bow, crossbow and throwables enjoyment overall, removed perks that just create more problems ( removal of the spear and pike from archer/crossbow units facilitated rambo cav ).

All because the TW leadership is on their quest to make Bannerlord a medieval esports CS.GO and they think the Skimish scene should be on a golden pedestal, they bend the knee to skirmish players demands without testing it properly, if they tested it correctly they would have seen how game breaking some of this updates and nerfing would be.

The nerfing of the crossbow and bows made this units more slow, inaccurate and irresponsive, same goes for the skirmish units.
I used to love play archer class but I haven't been able to use them for months, since it only takes 1 rambo cav player and 1 guy with a shield to break my entire unit.

* Aserai still a joke, underpowered, defenseless , unprotected and outmatched in almost every aspect, The point of the Aserai faction was the ability to be fast and use their skimish units for their advantage, but since the throwing weapons got so badly nerfed the innaccuracy is unreal and the Bot A.I is not the best.

* Empire was nerfed so badly that they're now a meme, destroyed by every faction , menavs and their legios used to rival vlandia and sturgia infantry, not anymore. Menav got so nerfed that if you put 1 unit of peasants in front of menavs, the peasants will destroy the menavs, not because they're a better unit, but because for the time it takes for the bot to lift his menav and make a full swing the entire unit was wiped out.

* Battania was the only faction overall that improved but they still got their maces and hammers nerfed like crap, so it made oaths and savages with those perks slow af (Battania cav still a joke).

* Sturgia feels like the only faction that didn't get affected by all this nerfing but they used to be more powerful and deadly.

* Vlandia still good but... the peasants and the crossbows are useless now, the sergeants got nerfed and they suck compared to the khuzait spear inf (they have almost the same stats as khuzait spear but they underperform ), the volgiers and the knights are the only real threat.

* And the finally the power house, Khuzait, the most OP faction right now, and not for the reason you think... (no one is using those horse archers, they suck), they use lancers instead, one rambo lancer with glaive can wipe out 1-2 units of archers/skirmish by himself, can also destroy the entire enemy cav and if his good enough he can wipe out the infantry too.
Spear infantry and rabble are so good compared all the other factions underperforming infantrys (pls don't nerf them, they're great as they are, fix the other factions to somehow match khuzait).

I had more fun playing the game during the beta and the first 2 months after release than right now.
I used to love how shooting the bow and the crossbow felt, it was responsive, fun and easy to use ... the throwing weapons used to feel accurate compared to Warband. People that didn't really use this weapons on Warband started using them since they're easy to use and there was not much skill necessary, right now you have to be legolas to land a shot , and making everything unnecessarily hard, slow and unresponsive will only drive people away.

And after all this nerfing to the weapons and to the factions, what's really killing the mode is the lack of fixes to the existing problems, also the players are getting bored of playing the same maps over and over.
But I do believe all this problems will be fixed when the players have their private servers, since they can make their own fixes/nerfing and create new maps.

Last edited:
All because the TW leadership is on their quest to make Bannerlord a medieval esports CS.GO and they think the Skimish scene should be on a golden pedestal, they bend the knee to skirmish players demands without testing it properly, if they tested it correctly they would have seen how game breaking some of this updates and nerfing would be.
bruh, no one... NO ONE in the ENTIRE "competitive" Skirmish community asked for some of the changes we've gotten, and we got them anyways. If it was up to the "competitive scene" we would be playing Battle instead of Skirmish.

This us vs them mentality has to stop, we all want to have an enjoyable multiplayer, regardless of the game mode.

Literally nobody in the skirmish community said the following words : "Please Taleworlds, balance Captain and Skirmish the same way". Literally no one. As much as there is discriminatory comments towards Captain being qualified "non pvp mode, pve mode", it doesnt change the fact that Skirmish players are not foolish enough to consider it Okay for it to be balanced using the same parameters as Skirmish mode. Its been said for over a year that PVE and PVP modes should be completely differently balanced. Point fingers at Taleworlds ONLY. Nobody asked for Captain to be butchered, people asked for changes in Skirmish, people asked for different changes in Captain. Even large modes like Siege and TDM need different balancing (increase the price of cavalry classes). It takes TW forever to get their head out of their asses and accept the fact that each mode cant be balanced the same.

Jeez I'd almost forgotten this thread but look how much of it is right out there 3 years ago lmao.

Also, this highlights another aspect of the game mode - huge buff to cav, mobility is already favoured in M&B and this just makes it more tactically necessary. You could make cav cost a lot and be rare sure, but then that limits the game a lot.
??

Incredible.

I had no expectations whatsoever when opening that link but I’m still disappointed.

That highly productive manpower could be used to communicate with the community...but good god, i don’t even start typing.

What the ****.

lol that twitter feed is lame. And the engagement is embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom