siege towers... please

Users who are viewing this thread

Is you're complaining about them missing then you should know that the Realistic Battle Mod removes them. (On purpose)
I'm complaining about the soldiers still gaggle moshing at the bottom of the ladder ones instead of climbing them, and enemy soldiers climbing down them...

I wouldn't care at this point if they just gave up and made them all just the ramp kind.
I really hope they get redesigned. With the current design (aside from the fact that they don't work) siege towers actually give no advantage apart from a third ladder, since they aren't even taller than the walls.

I wouldn't care at this point if they just gave up and made them all just the ramp kind.
That happens when walls are Lvl1.
But yes ramps should be a band aid until AI gets smarter,both defending and attacking.
(I am hitting you archer,why are you still shooting the enemy outside?)
(Why are they walking pass me?All of them?)
(Why aren't you using bombs).

But yes ramps should be a band aid until AI gets smarter,both defending and attacking.
It really shows that the AI for sieges is meant more to be cinematic than functional. Gotta have all the archers on the walls in their places because it looks cool, never mind as I stab them each in the back without them caring. I will say, I did have a guy knock me out with a rock while climbing a ladder yesterday and it got a chuckle out of me. I wish it was more dynamic, rather than having just two states of "unit is in designated place" or "unit is moving to it's designated place".

This is a large issue, especially for large numbers in sieges.

Since defenders spawn at the front gate, when they're reassigned to the section they hold, they do everything in their power, even if attackers are already on the streets to get to the compromised ladder position. Defending archer AI is pretty sloppy and inefficient too.

With realistic battle mode where AI properly (somewhat) uses ladders, you really see how attacker-sided they are if you have missile superiority. In simulations, however, the fortification bonus is unbelievably high. An army in simulation 2/1 for the attackers will lose the offensive, however if you join the battle, you can lose as little as 100 men out of 1000 without doing a thing because the defender militia crumbles when in combat.

This is a large issue, especially for large numbers in sieges.

Since defenders spawn at the front gate, when they're reassigned to the section they hold, they do everything in their power, even if attackers are already on the streets to get to the compromised ladder position. Defending archer AI is pretty sloppy and inefficient too.

This is an issue for those AI fleeing back to the Keep as well, where there's currently an exploit to be had. Past a certain point in the siege you can break off and position yourself to intercept a good portion of those fleeing and whack-a-mole all day with zero consequence. This is a slight worry for the upcoming Keep Battles, considering the number of those who make it back to the Keep helps determine how many defenders the player will have to face once the Keep Battle is initiated. Something TWs will somehow need to address. Maybe the multi stage siege thing will solve that, if they still plan on adding it...

i would love that... those work fantastic!
that would be somewhat more realistic too. from what I gather siege towers weren't really used as often as they are in bannerlord, esp in the time period. plus on the occasions when they were used apparently they were more a place for artillery, than a place to load troops onto walls. Siege ramps were used way more often

Back
Top Bottom