agent_set_speed_modifier causing error message

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm trying to add some enchanted items to my WFaS mod, and was hoping to incorporate something similar to the 'running_boots' I found in the warband module system.

It looks like they work by setting 'agent_set_speed_modifier', which was missing from header_operations in the WFaS module system (it only had agent_set_damage_modifier). I copied it over and my trigger works at the right time and all that, but in game I got an error on the line:
(agent_set_speed_modifier, ":cur_agent", 200),

The error is 'invalid opcode 2093 ... 3 consequences' (2093 is agent_set_speed_modifier).

Is there something I'm missing? Help would be greatly appreciated.

At WFaS you cannot simply add missing operations at header_operations.py like that. WFaS is different from VC or NW since it's based on an older version of the M&B game engine which is also the reason why it is a stand-alone game and not a DLC like the other two. You are restricted to the operations at the original WFaS header_opeartions.py and - if possible - need to find a workaround for stuff like this.

Upvote 0
At WFaS you cannot simply add missing operations at header_operations.py like that. WFaS is different from VC or NW since it's based on an older version of the M&B game engine which is also the reason why it is a stand-alone game and not a DLC like the other two. You are restricted to the operations at the original WFaS header_opeartions.py and - if possible - need to find a workaround for stuff like this.
Gotcha, thanks for getting back so quickly.

Is it possible to update the athletics skill (increase/decrease) in the middle of a mission? I'm working on multiplayer only.

Upvote 0
WFaS runs on Warband engine, version number 1.143, that is, without all the operations added later for NW/ VC; its development was complete in 2011, whereas the operation you want to use was added in 2016 with Warband Invasion gamemode update. You cannot simply copy and paste any commands from one engine to another in order to make them work in a different environment; you would need the source code of WFaS engine (Warband 1.143 engine) to accomplish that. You have to try circumventing the obstacle by utilizing operations listed in header_operations.py of the latest WFaS release.
Is it possible to run wfas mod on Warband engine?
If by 'WFaS mod" you meant WFaS or any of its user-made modifications (a standalone title from original M&B engine upgraded to Warband engine), then it is possible to run it on Warband engine since all operations are in Warband for 10 years already.

Upvote 0
WFaS runs on Warband engine, version number 1.143, that is, without all the operations added later for NW/ VC; its development was complete in 2011, whereas the operation you want to use was added in 2016 with Warband Invasion gamemode update. You cannot simply copy and paste any commands from one engine to another in order to make them work in a different environment; you would need the source code of WFaS engine (Warband 1.143 engine) to accomplish that. You have to try circumventing the obstacle by utilizing operations listed in header_operations.py of the latest WFaS release.

If by 'WFaS mod" you meant WFaS or any of its user-made modifications (a standalone title from original M&B engine upgraded to Warband engine), then it is possible to run it on Warband engine since all operations are in Warband for 10 years already.
Okay, I'll poke around header_operations and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the advice!

Upvote 0
Is it possible to update the athletics skill (increase/decrease) in the middle of a mission? I'm working on multiplayer only.

Yes, it's possible. I don't remember if you have to inform other players about it or not. (if you have to and you don't do that, slight laggs may occur).
The thing is in order to do that you have to increase athletics for troop. Many players might be the same troop, but not every one of them might have that special item.

It was working fine in my case because I made 200 new troops, each player had a unique troop assigned. (it was made for diffrent purpose).
In your case it might be a bit overboard. You might as welll try to juggle with player troop in real time. I have never tried that tho.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom