BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[BEAST 5] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beast-Avatar-2update.png

Suggestions

Please post your suggestions, questions and comments relating to BEAST#5 in this thread.

Any substantive suggestion requiring an in-depth discussion would be better in a separate thread. We also look forward to any constructive criticism concerning BEAST#5

Feel free to comment on any aspect of the tournament but it remains the case that aspects of tournament administration are limited by the early access nature of the game.

...~x*
Beast-Avatar-2.png
Beast-Avatar-2.png
Beast-Avatar-2.png
*x~...​

Last edited by a moderator:
Could we have a vote on "No pilas/throwing spears being used on horseback?".
Played Memento Mori with gentlemen's agreement of not using it today and it was way more enjoyable tbh.

Played Memento Mori with gentlemen's agreement of not using it today and it was way more enjoyable tbh.
I don't trust people to not do that. Would be like rear bug episodes. Cav could not keep the space bar to themselves.

Every player would need to record clips.

*Edit* I presume it could not be the act of simply picking up/holding pila. People could say "I gave it to a team mate" or "I looted it so enemy inf could not use it against me" or "I wanted to use it in melee" or "I wanted to use it if I got dismounted"

Last edited:
You also need to remember that the tournament needs to be open for newer players/teams as well, the more random rules not supported by the gameplay you add the more chance of confusion.

With four days left on the sign up it doesn’t look like many people are aware this is happening. Might be worth notifying teams?Especially those that signed up in the postponed thread.

angry regards

angry man

I think that will be too hard to monitor and it will happen unintentionally if someone just mounts a horse to escape as an example.

Another suggestion:

Write down round win conditions so you don't have a (poor) excuse "we shouldn't change the round winner if a bug occours during the game even tho it's obvious that something is wrong and we have a video where you can see it but who gives a ****". Obviously meant to be a bit toxic but I want to avoid situations like that in the future.
In soccer as an example you also grant / withdraw goals with that goal line technique if it's uncertain if it did count or not (yes, also in big tournaments).
We all know it's early access.
Bugs come and go (and sometimes come back multiple times #earrape #roundlossinsteadofwin #stuttering #freezing #aneternityinlobby)
Especially cause of that there should be equal round win conditions for every team during the tournament.
At least round win conditions which everyone can check in the forums.

If you don't know the order of conditions to win a round (what wouldn't even surprise me) just let me know. I would love to write them down and let a Taleworlds employee double check it to make sure that everything is right.

If you don't want to decide about such rare special cases pick some referees.

If you don't want every team to have the same round win conditions for the tournament: Please write that down aswell into the rules.
Or add a rule that allows to replay the set if such a thing occurs (and yes, of course you can tell a difference between players crashing and bugs with the game logic which are officially confirmed).

nd sometimes come back multiple times #earrape #roundlossinsteadofwin #stuttering #freezing #aneternityinlobby)
Especially cause of that there should be equal round win conditions for every team during the tournament.
At least round win conditions which everyone can check in the forums.
If the game says you won a round and there was no recorded cheating by the opposing team then you won the round, this is the case for every team in the tournament. Is that clear enough?

If any player thinks the game should be behaving differently then they are at liberty to let the devs know their thoughts. If the devs think the game should be behaving differently then they can change it.

Just to make it clear, by this I mean don't use it as a throwing weapon or as a projectile if you wish. I don't mind it being used in melee mode.

I want to suggest using GMT+X (or UTC+0), whoever thought it was a good idea to use BST must be British because for every other part of Europe (or any other part of the world really with maybe the exception of the commonwealth) it is really weird. If you for whatever reason did this to use a coordinated universal time please consider using UTC (+0) which as the name implies exists for that purpose and that purpose alone :grin:

For the same reason it makes no sense to use CET CEST EST EEST IST WEST MSK MSD KUYT or the one I forgot. Using any of those is if nothing else simply put favoritism.

Last edited:
I want to suggest using GMT, whoever thought it was a good idea to use BST must be British because for every other part of Europe (or any other part of the world really with maybe the exception of the commonwealth) it is the most stupidest thing to do. GMT literally exists for this reason. If you must use a coordinated universal time please consider using UTC which also literally exists for that purpose and that purpose alone :grin:
I mean I agree, it doesn't make sense, but you can literally just go to https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/ and see the differences there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom