Cav fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Is cavalry fixed yet? I haven't played since 1.5.6 i think and it looks like they still cant hit the side of a barn door and cant stay in formation while attacking...
I guess i'm asking if the devs have done ANYTHING to the cav debacle in any of the last patches or have they released any plans of doing so?

Thanks

Is cavalry fixed yet? I haven't played since 1.5.6 i think and it looks like they still cant hit the side of a barn door and cant stay in formation while attacking...
I guess i'm asking if the devs have done ANYTHING to the cav debacle in any of the last patches or have they released any plans of doing so?

Thanks
just don't fight in the villages

just don't fight in the villages
?+1
Is cavalry fixed yet?
Although the answer is NO, Cav still suck at hitting enemies, TW has changed them a bit and some would report some improvement. Personally it not a noticeable difference though, they still have low and slow kill rate and are very vulnerable to lower tier units.

I use free ones as a "distraction" units or easily re-position able SW in front of ranged units, but I NEVER spend a warhorse to make one, they just die too easily.

Thanks

No, cavalry is still not worth.

On the other hand, 1.5.10 has improved cavalry AI a bit and cav units are now in a slightly better place, but you are still going to be much more effective if ignoring melee cavalry and train mostly archers/horse archers and/or infantry units like legionaries or heavy axemen.

No, cavalry is still not worth.

On the other hand, 1.5.10 has improved cavalry AI a bit and cav units are now in a slightly better place, but you are still going to be much more effective if ignoring melee cavalry and train mostly archers/horse archers and/or infantry units like legionaries or heavy axemen.
I've found that the best use for a lot of cav, like Imperial cataphracts, is dismounting them and treating them as heavy infantry.

I've found that the best use for a lot of cav, like Imperial cataphracts, is dismounting them and treating them as heavy infantry.

Yes, I posted a video about that some time ago. Hopefully the cavalry AI will get improved some day.

I don't understand why cant they just copy and paste swadian knights ai into this game? they roflstomped everything ?

Well, it is not necessary to exaggerate every time someone complains about how worthless cavalry is in Bannerlord. Nobody here is asking for OP cavalry like in Warband, and I suppose that most of the people just want to see cavalry being somehow decent and as useful as other units. Cavalry units are currently much harder to get/replace than infantry/archers, while less effective at the same time.

Well, it is not necessary to exaggerate every time someone complains about how worthless cavalry is in Bannerlord. Nobody here is asking for OP cavalry like in Warband, and I suppose that most of the people just want to see cavalry being somehow decent and as useful as other units. Cavalry units are currently much harder to get/replace than infantry/archers, while less effective at the same time.
the thing is it was OP in warband, because it didn't cost an arm and a leg, a horse, a warhorse, a ton of denars and a premier troop unit. Now it costs more and performs less. The cost of cav in this game should give them some oomph. I just dont understand how cav was so good in warband and so bad in this game, why did they fix what wasnt broken

I just dont understand how cav was so good in warband and so bad in this game, why did they fix what wasnt broken
Swadian Knights were definitely broken balance-wise. That said, I don't think TW intentionally made cav as weak as it is now. They flatly miss most of their attacks, which is the biggest problem for cav, and their armor doesn't do as much as it did in Warband but that is not specific to cavalry.

the thing is it was OP in warband, because it didn't cost an arm and a leg, a horse, a warhorse, a ton of denars and a premier troop unit. Now it costs more and performs less. The cost of cav in this game should give them some oomph. I just dont understand how cav was so good in warband and so bad in this game, why did they fix what wasnt broken

Oh, I thought you were being sarcastic with your first message, and it was the reason because I mentioned that you were exaggerating :razz: . Some people bring the Swadian Knights OP argument every time someone complains about the current bad performance for cavalry, trying to avoid any improvement for cavalry because “cavalry units would be OP like Swadian Knights” (which is actually a silly argument in my view).

Yes, I do agree with cavalry is much harder to get in Bannerlord than in Warband, which make the 100% heavy cavalry parties much harder to build (but still possible though). Even when cav units are much harder to get and replace in Bannerlord, I find the Swadian Knights performance in Warband too much. I will be happy when cavalry AI gets improved to a point where cavalry units feel as useful as other units. I personally avoid recruiting cavalry units currently because I do not want to invest and lose horses after my cavalry units getting killed while showing a really poor performance in every battle. Infantry and archers are more effective than cavalry units currently, while they do not constantly make me lose horses and money.

@Apocal Agree

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom